What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Quick Cure Drying Rack... Any good?

Hey all... Im thinking about buying one of these. My finish room is all screwed up this time, I have three crops finishing 1-2 weeks apart. Usually I pull all at once, shut off lights, hang and be done. This time I cant do it, and I dont have anywhere else I can set up a scrubber for odors.

So heres my idea... Get one of these, chop my 6 plants, lay them in this hanging rack, tent them in a corner with panda film for no light.
I know its better to hang, but I dont have the room right now.

Heres a link to Ebay where im thinking about buying it: http://cgi.ebay.com/QUICK-CURE-DRYI...887?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f02e59897

Growdog... So it wont be an issue laying these on the racks, vs hanging them from wires? Im anticipating close to a LB... How much will it hold?

Dev... I usually do a good trim, hang small branches, then pluck buds after drying

R

RedRain

those ones are awesome!!

the cheapy white ones fold in on them selves when loaded with buds, these ones are awesome... definitely a good product

after a machine trim I toss my buds right into the racks, very sturdy and can be loaded up with wet buds, works well!

supaleeb

Build your own!

Build your own!

Build your own out of some old plastic drawers. Here's my post from another thread:

They're mostly custom-built, but they do sell commercial versions. Here's one on amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Atlantis-Hydroponics-Ultimate-Herb-Dryer/dp/B002CWZAW2

A little pricey, but it's got everything you would need.

Here's some pics of my custom-built version (without a filter). It's right next to my tent, which has a scrubber, so there isn't really a need for it to have it's own dedicated carbon filter.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Also, ignore that orange temperature controller in the background. I was lazy and didn't feel like buying a plug for the fan, but I also didn't feel like completely cutting off the controller's plug, so we've compromised until I get my lazy ass over to the local home improvement shop ;) And a non-lazy individual would caulk around the fan.. :p

It's simply an old set of plastic drawers with the bottoms cut out, filled with screen, and then finished with a cheap duct fan on top. I think the total cost, if you swap out the temp controller for a plug, would be under $30-40. Did I mention it dries my nugs in 3 days or less?

Red... Ive never had any luck with machine trimmers.... Which one do you use? Ive had bad luck, where it actually damages the buds. Any tips?

R

RedRain

i used to hate machine trimmers, but I love this kind,,,i have 2 that are exactly like this, one looks like a mechanics red tool box, the other is blue and hot purple

you just shuck the leaves and stems and it gently tumbles them down and trims the tiny leaves off...

i used to just use a screen door or use 1X1 and make a wood box and stretch window screen over it. Whats nice about the quick cure, is they are easy to pack away and store, and very easy to hang.

For the cost, portability, and simplicity Quick Cure are worth every penny!!!

DSC_4540.jpg

R

RedRain

hey squire,

Mine are like 5-7 yrs old, they cost 20K each when they were brand new. Now they are around 10-12K.

If you are in BC, I can direct you to a place to rent one out for a weekend or how long u need.

that one is called the Samurai Power Trimmer. THere are a few that use the exact same concept. Works really well, and easy. It uses a razor to trim any leafs off as the buds tumble down. You soak the white brush/bristles with pam for an easy clean.

STFU

Those drying racks are amazing! 1 elbow per shelf, they hang, you can run fans right through them. I love em so much

ambertrich

Veteran
Think I am going to have to break down and give the drying net/rack a go. Gotta be easier that the window screens and what not I've been using.

Superleeb, thats a pretty nice DIY plastic shelf dryer you have there. Do you use any type of hygrometer in there to check the moisture content or just check by feel?

Nice work.

supaleeb

ambertrich, I have one on hand in case I'm not sure, but usually by feel. It's just a dinky little one built into a thermometer. Takes a bit to stabilize but it works alright. Here's some more pictures, sorry, dropped my camera and it's been spitting out weird colors in shots all day.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

I ended up finishing it with some foil tape instead of caulk. It might come back to bite me in the #$%, but it seems to be holding the shape very well. I even used it to secure screens in the drawers, which also haven't budged.

Here's my drying rack and it's free just take some wallmart cloth shoping bags and fill with buds and hang them across a plant stake lots of air flow like the quick cure and it's free :rasta:

After reading this thread I immediately found on for $33, on amazon, so 1/2ish the price of the original link.. Ordered one up and it showed up today.. Looks pretty ideal if you can handle laying buds on their sides.. Pretty stoked to try it out, and thanks to the original poster of the thread for bringing this to my attention..

BB

Latest posts

Latest posts