What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yayyy! My first colloidal silver generator (photo)

clearcutter

Good thread. I like to use silver wire. It seems a little easier to handle than coins. Spraying every other day starting a week before 12/12 works for me.

goldking

borax

borax

aestivus, was the part about someone stating they sprayed a plant with borax and it went hermi=(female pollen) a Joke? or a real statement?

if it hermied due to the borax, thats female pollen from a female plant,and would make female only seeds. or not?

like i say, "what the hay, it can't hurt to try" hehehe
GK

Pheno, your chargers putting out 9vts 600mA, not 240vt, it probably wouldn't shock you on a bet, beside just don,t get between the 2 coins, the spark will be coin to coin only. hopefully LOL

Last edited:

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
beside just don,t get between the 2 coins, the spark will be coin to coin only
GK just in regards to that does it matter how far apart the coins are? the closer the better, or does it not matter?

I was one of the confused heads that did not understand the use of colloidal silver. Now that it has been so clearly and graphically described I have become the student who will soon put the technique to (hopefully) good use. A collective "THANK YOU" to you super geeks who know the who and what and why, allowing me (the unwashed, lol) to put it to practice.

G

I love yall for this one.. nice.

I was under the impression this was lab stuff..

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
So how do I find a mint?
Well remember all you need is 999 pure silver, so you can use silver wire which you might be able to get from electronics shops (try privmsging some of the guys here who use silver wire to see where they got theres from). You can also go to jewellery repair stores and see if they'll sell you some of theirs. Pawn shops that have coins may have some. Also try ebay, just search for: 999 silver. Just make sure it's 999 pure, if you're not sure then dont buy it.

I just used a Mint because the purity is guaranteed and because there's one in my city so I had them post it out to me. But even if there isnt one in your city just find one in your country and they'll post it to you. You can even buy from overseas mints but obviously youd be looking at more $postage. I don't know where you are, but if you're in the US I'd guess that there's a Mint in every state? Just try Googling or using the Yellow/White Pages, youll find one and they should have a website too, probably also with an online shop. Then just call them/send them an email saying you need 2 x 1/2oz 999 pure silver in any form (coin, ingot, nugget etc - coins have best surface area tho, along with silver wire)

Another option, just search Google for places that sell Colloidal Silver generators, and instead of buying the generator just buy the silver rods/electrodes which they often sell seperately.

Last edited:

hazy

Veteran
there's a mint in denver, san francisco, philidelphia, new orleans.
most us coins come from denver
never thought of it as my local mint when i lived in denver

never went there

i'll just get some wire
think i might just try this :chin:

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
You can shop online at the US Mint: http://catalog.usmint.gov
But personally i'd just drop them an email/use their online contact form to ask them what their cheapest 1/2oz silver coins are because with so many coins the site isn't the easiest to navigate

ps. if anybody else does put a CS rig together please take a photo and show us! :smile:

Last edited:
G

Wow, i'd always heard, that you need 30 volts! Hooah, i guess those websites were wrong! This is great, because everybody can get a 9 volt wall wart. At the second hand stores they have them for like.. two bucks; i use them for driving computer fans here and there.

A glass of water, a timer lying around, a coin cut in half...

Thanks a WHOLE LOT for letting us know you can make Colloidal with just 9 volts!

Excellent, excellent....

Everybody's got a meter practically, after they grow for awhile. Anybody want to give the deal on what kinds of ppms we can look for, for medicinal, for feminizing, etc?

Thanks in advance and again: THANKS FOR CLEARING THIS UP i never tried it because i always forget to look for 30 volt power supplies.

Oh yea, one more thing i just thought of: i'll bet it wouldn't take much, to figure out how to just slide each coin, into a slot: in a chunk of styrofoam: and float the coins that way; or, to slip the coins into a chunk of pool noodle. The pool noodle's hollow: you could just slip the coins into slots in the sides, on each end, and tag that slot with the super glue so it holds: the pool noodle would hold the coins downward, and the clips could grab onto the coins in that center hole, there.

Heck; if you use two chunks of pool noodle, i bet you could simply jam the coins sideways into the hole in the center of each little flotational chunk of pool noodle. I'd tag it with a little drop of glue

Or wrap each wire around a pencil: hit with a touchhhhhh of super glue or hot glue so they both hang evenly: and keep the coins submerged like that.

Just great little do -it -yourself'er.

Thanks again, i hate having to watch great stock dwindle down, but my grows often stop for awhile, and i usually, use seed because after i grow for the wife and i, we don't grow for a few months. Looks like now, i'll be able to harvest and then re-veg particularly good plants: spritz and POW make a batch of seeds.

Thanks again Pheno, really; excellent little tutorial, etc i REALLY appreciate it man.

Last edited:

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
Maybe you could use 30V and maybe the process may happen faster? Then again maybe it'd just melt your silver!? I'm not sure. I'm guessing you could even use a 1V adapter, if they even exist. But it sounds like a lot of people are getting great success from standard 6V, 9V or 12V DC adapters (chances are you've already got one floating around the house somewhere!)
One website I read about it was from a guy who'd done a lot of experimenting, and his conclusion was that 9V DC 600mA was ideal, and goldking seemed to agree

ps. and yep your suggestion of buying just 1 coin and cutting it in half is good, that'd work just as well and silver is quite malleable so should be easy enough to cut. I'd get a full 1oz coin if cutting it in half though so you still end up with 2 x 1/2oz

ps. ....... "pool noodle"? what the fuck are you talking about? lol

Last edited:

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
Here's another example of how simple it is ... (but they charge you US$49, lol) - "The MiniCS":
http://www.elixa.com/silver/MiniCS.htm
MiniCS3.jpg

As you can see, all it is: a 9V battery, a battery adapter with alligator clips already soldered on for you, and two pieces of wire. Probably costs them about US$10 each, with the battery probably costing more than the silver (doesn't look like much silver, I'd guess less than 1/4oz)

Last edited:

AriesXX

Fantastic thread! I've never tried making seeds before, but I think next run I'll give it a try. I was worried no one would want to try my crosses, but if they're femmed I think they'll be irresistable :D. Are the self'd seeds basically clones of the mother plant in seed form? Any phenotypic variations within the self'd seeds?

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
cocktail frank,
scientists? labs? where? the whole purpose of this thread was to defeat that stigma :D
Come on frank, admit it - you've got a 9V adapter somewhere in your house and you're currently fighting the urge to invest $1 in alligator clips. :D

Aries,
Are the self'd seeds basically clones of the mother plant in seed form? Any phenotypic variations within the self'd seeds?
If you've got a clone-only strain then you don't have any choice but to self it, but ideally you'd grow out two seeds (either of the same strain, or different if you want to make a cross), spray one to make pollen then use that pollen to pollenate the other. ie. avoid incest where possible

Wayzer

somebody asked about dosages for ingesting the silver and it got me curious... for those interested... :joint:

"Safe usage with the 12-for-25™ rule

The 12-for-25™ rule is a formula devised by Jay Newman, president and CEO of Invision International Health Solutions, manufacturers of Silver 100™ Ionic Silver Complex, a dietary supplement containing silver.

It provides a simple method for determining how many drops an individual can take per day of any given silver product to be at or below 25% of the RfD guideline.

Note that in the formulas below, the "·" symbol indicates "multiplied by."

The formula is:

12 • pounds ÷ ppm = drops

What that says in plain English is the following:

12, multiplied by the number of pounds of body weight of the person, divided by the ppm of the product, equals the number of drops of the product that it is safe for the person to take per day—because it will result in an amount of silver intake that is equal to about 25% of the amount of silver the EPA suggests as the safety guideline (RfD) for the upper limit of daily silver intake.

The 12-for-25™ rule can be applied to the ingestion of any product that contains silver, regardless of whether it is commercially produced or made at home and regardless of whether the product is called ionic or colloidal or nano or anything else.

It maintains that a basic rule of thumb that's probably more than safe is that if your daily intake of silver from a dietary supplement is less than about 25% of the silver that the EPA recommends as safe for daily oral ingestion of silver, you're probably fine. This is like saying that if the EPA's suggested limits on silver concentration in drinking water are exactly met, and a person drinks a liter of water per 77 pounds of body weight, obtaining the equivalent of 25% of that much silver with a dietary supplement will result in about the same amount of silver as their drinking an additional 25% of a liter of their water per 77 pounds of body weight.

All things considered, the 12-for-25™ rule should obviously be a very reliable safety guideline."

http://www.silverfacts.com/safety.html

Last edited: