What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gene Traders Ludlow Mass Sunday Jan 14th

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Hey ODGW make the connection & get a booth for the next event ... i'll front the $ for it ...U are close and i can definitely lend a hand over there @ the next event

This was my first event and Chunky def set the standard on how to do it right. Was very impressed with his booth and his salesmanship. I was just spectating and seeing how things went, and how it was running. It was so crowded and packed I kept hearing jars of bud hit the floor getting bumped off tables. LOL.
~Star~, if we had a table there with big, healthy, GG#4 clones from my EZ-Cloner and various other healthy clones and seeds, we woulda made a killing.

Im def getting a booth for next time. Well, we are. :biggrin::tiphat:

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Scrappy - That guy you were talking to when I first got there, did he have anything worthwhile that you grabbed from him? The guy with the huge bag of strains that I excused myself for interupting your convo.

I seen a guy with a box of GG#4 cuts and he stuck them out in his car and came back in. I told him he needed to leave asap and get those in a warm, safe place before he stressed the fuk outa them. They werent well rooted and established yet. So I was like,
"What you doing Man?!" Leave! lol

Scrappy-doo

Nothing that really stood out to me. He gave me a pack of Area 43 which I'm guessing is wifi43 x alien tech.

theJointedOne

Veteran
It got very popular quickly and it’s all people want. It’s the hottest strain right now.

I certainly can’t keep up with demand....

Im asking everyone I know to borrow the $20 admission fee and I got a friend who said to text him at noon and he will prob have it for me.

please dont take this the wrong way bc i def know what its like to be flat brok, but i just thought these two comments kinda clashed lol

sounds like you guys had lots of fun, stay safe out there.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Ah.. I stopped by there too for a quick chat but didn't introduce myself as being from ic.

I always stand out at shit like that because I'm very clean cut and look like a cop lmao until u see me walking around with clones.

I think you were there hanging with Chunky when I got there before 1.

I pulled into the guest chair and shortly after got presented with a beast of a stogie that was major league.:tiphat:

marmarb

What were the hazes?

What time was the auction? I almost went back after I took my cuts home but came down with a bad case of the fuck-its lol.

I couldn't see standing around for 5 hours with barely rooted cuts. I hope they have one of these again, I know they have regular weed events there but I like the more genetics oriented shows.

Think it was a mango haze. Auctions started about 4. Magnum opus went for 380 and few topdawg packs went for 100-150. People weren't paying attention and wasn't clearly announced at start time. Met everyone over at chunkys table. Like scrappy said most went for asking price.

iTarzan

That would have been a 550 mile drive for me. A last minute, no time to plan trip. I would love to go to something like that if I had a vending table and a few hundred clones.

Would people have bought nice looking cuts?

What were the prices for various buds?

There was a $500 Skittles and GG#4 for $40 asking price. What did other clones go for?

People couldn't walk around selling gram bags could they?

Chunky or Scrappy if you were to take a guess when will the next one be?

What sample buds were the ones everybody loved?

Mean GENE dancing machine...

Mean GENE dancing machine...

Wish i knew about event...would love to know about the next one in advance.Thanks.

marmarb

Yea said next is late match early April. Besides the elites from scrappy I got a nice looking sour papaya for $20 gg4 also for $20 most expensive were the zkittles and a sfv x t.o x something else for 500 said it test at 32% way outta my price range. Honestly scrappy had the best looking clones there healthy good roots. Not sure if my gg4 is gonna make it 50/50 chance. Grabbed a eighth of chem4 for 35. @scrappy was that the 3.0 or 2.0 says 2.0 but gt announced it as 3.0. I was gifted some watermelon og clones. Lots of seeds. Would've preferred to spend more but wasn't a great deal of healthy clones.

Scrappy-doo

Thanks marmarb that's always nice to hear.. hope those do well for you! Yes that's the 2.0 featured in Chunky's thread. I'm not familiar with 3.0

I just heard back from the organizer. Like marmarb said next event is March/April, then June, then Nov/Dec.

jab72

How did you all find eachother? Like icmag t-shirts or something? Name tags that say hello my name is...? The place was so crowded I wouldnt have been able to find ppl I actually know.
actually I found Chunky by the description he gave me and I heard him talk to Zees right next to me. Yes it was very crowded, but a great time. Can't wait for the next one.
The T shirt idea seems pretty good or a name tag.
When does the auction take place and what gets auctioned off?
And what does the $100 VIP ticket get you?

marmarb

@jab72 I grabbed a vip honestly wasn't worth it. Bout 1.5 grams of double purple pie .5 super skunk couple trinkets nothing worth the extra 80 bucks

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Chunky, it was a pleasure to meet you in Ludlow today. I'm the old short guy with a full beard.

good to meet you and all the rest too! I have been here 1 year now and the are some people I've seen many times now.
it was super busy when you came by and I didn't connect you to your posts here but I'd be happy to hook you up with some buds or cuts another time. don't remember if I was able to smoke you out.

It was packed. Business looked to be brisk. Availability was good security was tops.

crazy brisk, as good as the Harvest cup but it was hella loud.

Chunky I'm going to hold you to that ogbk2.0 in a month or so when your mom's refreshed. I'll gladly take you out for a meal and give you a taste of anything I got. On a different not I scored some triangle kush cuts just by accident by being friendly. I always seem to befriend mainers. I'm destined to live there I think. Club was a great host made me think SOA lol

Triangle Kush was the best flower I smoked there, think it was Philmores.... hope you got that one and you can bring it when you come for the 2.0 bro. I'm always hungry let's eat!

What A great show! Sat with Chunky for a bit and smoked some forum and some OGKB 2.0.....He had freshly picked tops in cans for all to see. A thousand noses rubbed across those buds. Dirty Girls! Lol

Thanks for making it a success everybody. Had a great time even though I was there to gift seeds, meet ICMaggers, and smoke, and not buy seeds or clones.
Not a cop insight. Not driving there. Or Driving home. They let the MC Club do their thing, and let us do ours. Very alien for Ludlow police or for being in Mass. Refreshing to see and experience.

did you like the Forum? hard to judge weed when there's so much passing around.

people didn't seem as interested in smelling the buds as they were at the Harvest cup, I need to make a display to hold them securely at nose and eye level with spotlights and magnifiers so people can scope them better.
had a bad spill at both shows the way I displayed them but it's the best way to sell the seeds when you can point at the flowers and say it's that one crossed to that.

Too steep for me, that's for sure! Their sample jar smelled nice. Didn't see really much else for elite clones aside from what I brought.

I wish someone would have told me Skittles was available on the other side of the room! I wish I'd have grabbed those flowers to try.
$500 would seem worth it to get one of the hottest things in years if it was all that.

I was too busy to go pee and when it slowed enough to see the other side of the room everyone else had packed and gone and it was only 5:30-ish.

GG#4 is easily worth $40 a cut, but only if they are legit

what's 100 female seeds worth? what kind of quotes did you get asking around? how likely will you be to find the next GG#4 in them? in the next 1000 that you pop?

GG#4 is the #2 selling strain in the 3 legal states with recreational tracking after Blue Dream.

I guess it's worth as little as $20 when some one has 100's of them or as much as 5K which is what one grower told me he had to pay here for it a year ago.

to me the cuts that are at the top of my list are really priceless and certainly worth way more than $40.
I smoked OGKB's cookies 6 years ago now and I'm still waiting on the cut.
thought I had it lined up from a member on that trip for $500 but the meetup didn't happen and time proved that he wasn't holding legit cookies that early anyways.

I see people paying hundreds of dollars for seeds who think the best clones in the world should be priced as low as 2 or 3 seeds as well as being legit, healthy and bug free as well as not having any insecticide residue.

the closest business providing this service in in Ann Arbor, Mi and they are charging $75 each now for the popular strains and sell out every week end the 2 days they are open.
they open at noon and people line up there at 6am for tickets.

there will probably never be a service like DHN or Wonderland here in Mass and it will be interesting if they will even survive the new clone limits that will go into effect in Cali this year. 6 per person no more 99 like before.

the guy in the booth next to me vended hundreds of nice looking clones for $30 early in the show and I heard he dropped to $15 at the end but I'm not sure, I bought 4 at $30 and was very happy to do so, Sherbet, Motorbreath#15 and GMO cookies.

if they are legit I'll be very pleased.

....The club had it very well organized and it was a perfect venue. They are a 1% MC, so they really knew about security. There was a gate about 50 yards from the clubhouse where the guys asked if I was looking for some new jeans. 8) Then there was an inner gate where IDs were checked and guests were wanded for weapons and instructed "no photos" inside. Inside there was subtle but vigilant oversight that most patrons were probably unaware of. Lou and the MC did a first class job. It was cool.

yeah that place felt waaay more secure than vending at the Harvest cup with all the cops around.
this place has sales events every week with people slinging everything so no telling if the cops end up busting them eventually.

How did you all find eachother? Like icmag t-shirts or something? Name tags that say hello my name is...? The place was so crowded I wouldnt have been able to find ppl I actually know.

there were signs on my table, don't know how you could miss it, there were often more than 5 members hanging around and I think I talked to 15-20 during the day.
many who say they don't post just lurk.

thanks to everyone who came and got beans or hung out and smoked and for the beans and bud samples I got.

it was 10 times better than I expected and once again y'all should grab a piece of this while it's being tolerated.
history has shown that it won't last long and if you are growing for profit on this coast your days are numbered anyways.
the wave crashing prices on the west coast is headed our way and so are those $500 packs in the mail and they will get cheaper every year.:tiphat:

iTarzan

Did you set your table up early that morning before people came Chunky?

Did your table have electricity?

Latest posts

Latest posts