What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

wooohoo got my doctors recomendation

S

Slip Kid

How do we find out where to go for a rec? My Dr would never give me a cannabis rec.PM me if possible.Many folks I know are wondering where to find one.Thanks, Slip.:)

S

Slip Kid

Figured it out, thanks for the post westernmass420.I searched those spots and , well, thanks!:)

S

Slip Kid

The new laws about handling MMJ seem pretty damme restrictive.Who ends up being able to do the growing?? Seems to me your name would have to be Kennedy to have that spot, no?? I certainly could qualify for MMJ here but for somebody like me who likes lots of lights and screwing around I'd be better off moving to Maine or RI which is not quite a possibility.Any ideas? Does anybody know more than I do? How connected and rich do you have to be to be the "caregiver"??

raysputin

The laws not final stay involved dont let them pass any crazy restrictions, as is, its unrestricted you could have a bajillion pounds. They need to determine how everything is going to work whats the 60 day supply. Hows dispensaries going to work. The current draft is completely insane, its a democracy get involved, write your representative. The majority has been on the side of this issue for over 10 years they just need to get involved and stay involved. Be honest you might be a lazy stoner that cant get him reelected but you can sure can make it hell for him to get reelected with everyone you know. They are supposed to represent and they want too, they want to stay in office and be popular, you tell them how to do it by representing there populace.

I almost forgot to say call your state representative, if they get 5000 people calling them telling them anything they will vote for it. Noone new ever calls them.

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
hey whats up with this one patient per caregiver? a close family member just got her recommendation down there and all i can find in the new law is one patient per caregiver. The doctor who wrote the recommendation also spoke with dhs or whoever is in charge and they said no more then 24 plants and only 4oz dry and cured. thats what she is going by

raysputin

I dont know what to tell you but basically none of what you typed is true. The draft laws have no been decided yet and at NO point in the process has there ever been a mention of 4oz or 24 plants. There has been a mention of 24oz then it went down to 10, that is where the draft is now. There is absolutely NO restrictions on growing yet in the bill or in the draft. As long as you can grow they have yet to decide how much is too much

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
well according to DHS the dude told my mother keep it under 24plants and no more then 4oz of dried product just telling you what i heard bro

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got mine today! :woohoo:

Wanted to do so before the regulations came into effect in May.
Until DPH issues it's regulations, the law allows a qualifying patient to cultivate their own limited supply of MJ.
As it's worded on my Physician's certificate,
"you may possess up to a sixty day (60-day) supply of dried marijuana, and may cultivate up to a sixty-day (60-day) supply of rooted and non-rooted plants for your medicinal needs", leaves things a little blurry.
That 60 day supply will be defined within those regulations, now...:joint:

I'll be hanging that certificate in my grow area.
It seems like the cultivation penalty for non-patients will be harsher than it was, so I'm just trying to cover my bases.

I'd love to caregive, but it hardly seems worth doing it legally!

supermanlives

Veteran
bump. whaddup? getting tired of so cal scene. not really happy with the rules back there yet . but hell fuck the rules anyhow lol. anything new?

Bowb Aandweeve

http://www.malegislature.gov/Laws/SessionLaws/Acts/2012/Chapter369
"(C) “Debilitating medical condition” shall mean:
Cancer, glaucoma, positive status for human immunodeficiency virus, acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS), hepatitis C, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Crohn's disease, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis and other conditions as determined in writing by a qualifying patient's physician."

I'm curious as to how liberal this will be and if medical recommendations from a doctor other than a primary care physician will be accepted.

Make no mistake the politicians and law enforcement were not in favor of medical marijuana in Massachusetts and don't want it. They are being forced into it by the people but it's going to end up being tightly controlled and regulated and the odds are it's going to take multi-million dollar bonds posted as surety to open a dispensary.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Congrats!

My goal is to find a real doctor who I can be truthful with and who will understand that I need both what he can prescribe as well as recommend but that if he understands why then he can write me less of the things he can prescribe. And that's a good thing. But where to find a real doctor like that in temecula/riverside areas?

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Most "real" Dr.'s won't get involved w/ MMJ. My primary Dr. can't, as he's affiliated w/ my hospital, which is part of a partnership w/ other hospitals. These places will not jeopardise losing Medicare & such from the Feds for MMJ.

I will not be registering for a "hardship grow".
Ma. wants to take an agri-business approach to MMJ and have nothing to do w/ marijuana culture.
I've got 40+ yrs. of MJ culture ingrained in me, MMJ will not change that.
Keep on keeping on as I've always done, breaking the law everyday.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
BTW, that 60 day supply is now defined as 10 oz. As a hobby grower, that suits me just fine. I could actually comply w/ that! :D