What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

house and garden coco schedule

topps

hello peeps just looking on some help with the h&g coco nutes ive got a and b cocos,root exelurator and multi enzymes been looking on some charts but a few of them look different so wondering what one to go by im just in veg at min so will be adding the bud xl and top booster whe the time comes to flowering many thx

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
in my experience the plants LOVE h&g in slightly-less-than-recommended doses...

I dont use any of their additives except roots excel, i use Pure Flowers and AN Big Bud instead. my feeding schedule looks like this..

VEG:
---house & garden coco A and B - 10ml/gal each
---roots excelorator - 1ml/gal

FLOWER

weeks 1-2:
---a&b at 10ml/gal
---roots excel 1ml/gal

weeks 2-5:
---a&b at 10ml/gal
---Advanced Nutrients "Big Bud" 6ml/gal

weeks 6-8:
---a&b at 10ml/gal
---Pure Flowers 1.5ml/gal

with this i can easily grow 10lbs spending less than $150 on nutrients

topps

thx mate is that us gal ?as id be working off lilters so d you still ec any any of your feeds ?

cravedog

hello peeps just looking on some help with the h&g coco nutes ive got a and b cocos,root exelurator and multi enzymes been looking on some charts but a few of them look different so wondering what one to go by im just in veg at min so will be adding the bud xl and top booster whe the time comes to flowering many thx

I have been running House and Garden for the past year now! I love it here is a nutrient calculator for you.
http://www.house-garden.us/nutrient-calculator/ this one is gallons
http://www.ukhouseandgarden.co.uk/calculator.asp this one is liter

Follow there schedule ! I use the whole line even shooting powder! I also add some Cal/Mag I would start off just a touch lite on there schedule until you figure out what works best for you.

topps

thx mate when i 1st looking at the chart i was thinking that there was different feeds for grow and flower but its just a and b all the way in equal parts am i right in thinking that ?

ThePizzaMan

Veteran
don't be afraid to use heavy feeding on the chart... And, I have had no problems using the full dosage of Shooting powder.

The plants really love the H&G. I don't even have the whole line up yet. The A&B do go faster than the additives...so I will be buying bigger bottles next time around.

topps

im thinking if i should use there flowering products ive been reading about bud xl and peeps seem to be saying that if you use that that it makes the ash black when burnt and that its abit harsh ?so dont know what road to go down

sci-fi

Been following the h&g nutrient charts with full line (except shooting powder becuase i re-use my coco). I also add mollases, great white, and have a cal/mag if the plants need it. I have been thinking of a way to put canna boost into the mix though becuase that shit is awsome. Well so is there zyme. Mabey ill start using h&g base and canna additives. Hmmm...

Wingnutt

I've had excellent results with H&G. I use their entire line, with Coco base. I, however, use much less than others that have posted. I use 5ml/gal, maybe 6ml but never more, of the bases at the peak of flower. I am typically using 4ml/gal at the start of flower. I do add CaMg and Sweet Raw as well as Great White and Blaskstrap Molasses. I use the additives at full strength, including shooting power.

My typical PPM starts at 1100-1200 and increases to 1800-1900 towards the end of flower. I can't imagine using 10ml/gallon. I am using RO water, with about 20% Small Boy filtered water added in for pH stability and micro nutes. My starting PPM is ~40.

Drip clean makes all the difference in the world. I never have to flush any more... my plants look worse if I do flush. My pre harvest flush is only 5 days with absolutely no chemical taste and a very smooth burn.

I feel that I probably wouldn't have to add CaMg and Sweet if I was using 8-10ml/gal, but I think its overkill. If you are using Drip Clean it is really hard to over fertilize. I think H&G tells you to use so much so you buy more, but it isn't always needed. Its my opinion that feeding 10ml/gal is giving the plant way too much N, especially late into flower.

Wingnutt

Here are some pics to back it up:
Hong Kong Kush - Single plant from seed in 10 gal Smartpot. Yielded over 10oz
album.php

album.php

album.php

Last edited:

Jeeyah

I've had excellent results with H&G. I use their entire line, with Coco base. I, however, use much less than others that have posted. I use 5ml/gal, maybe 6ml but never more, of the bases at the peak of flower. I am typically using 4ml/gal at the start of flower. I do add CaMg and Sweet Raw as well as Great White and Blaskstrap Molasses. I use the additives at full strength, including shooting power.

My typical PPM starts at 1100-1200 and increases to 1800-1900 towards the end of flower. I can't imagine using 10ml/gallon. I am using RO water, with about 20% Small Boy filtered water added in for pH stability and micro nutes. My starting PPM is ~40.

Drip clean makes all the difference in the world. I never have to flush any more... my plants look worse if I do flush. My pre harvest flush is only 5 days with absolutely no chemical taste and a very smooth burn.

I feel that I probably wouldn't have to add CaMg and Sweet if I was using 8-10ml/gal, but I think its overkill. If you are using Drip Clean it is really hard to over fertilize. I think H&G tells you to use so much so you buy more, but it isn't always needed. Its my opinion that feeding 10ml/gal is giving the plant way too much N, especially late into flower.

I couldn't agree more. I've been figuring this out myself through trial and error. 8-10 mil too much N in flower. But yeah, you can pump the shooting powder at full strength.:dance013:

in my experience the plants LOVE h&g in slightly-less-than-recommended doses...

I dont use any of their additives except roots excel, i use Pure Flowers and AN Big Bud instead. my feeding schedule looks like this..

VEG:
---house & garden coco A and B - 10ml/gal each
---roots excelorator - 1ml/gal

FLOWER

weeks 1-2:
---a&b at 10ml/gal
---roots excel 1ml/gal

weeks 2-5:
---a&b at 10ml/gal
---Advanced Nutrients "Big Bud" 6ml/gal

weeks 6-8:
---a&b at 10ml/gal
---Pure Flowers 1.5ml/gal

with this i can easily grow 10lbs spending less than $150 on nutrients
I have a buddy who stopped using the Pure Flower because it seemed to focus on building huge nugs and less trichs. His nugs were big and rock hard but never super potent. When he stopped using it his yield went down but the nugs were frosted up. You haave this problem at all?

cravedog

I usually just follow the chart. With the whole line I have great yields and a great smoke. I add Great White, Voodo,Bud Candy, Cal/Mag as additives during my run.

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
does anyone reduce the ratio of part A later in the flower cycle to cut back on the N? this is my 2nd run usin h&g coco nutes and I wanna make sure i dont have too much N when its time to flush........thanks!

F_T_P!

does anyone reduce the ratio of part A later in the flower cycle to cut back on the N? this is my 2nd run usin h&g coco nutes and I wanna make sure i dont have too much N when its time to flush........thanks!

I have been experimenting with this and my results have been great so far.

This is my first time using H&G so take it for what it's worth.

My room is dialed in and my genetics are on point but this is the easiest run I have had when it comes to feeding my girls. No deficiencies or lock-outs pH is stable and only needs adjusting when using enzymes. The only trouble I was having when I followed the feed chart recommendations was N toxicity in my OG's.

This run I swore I would not use any p/k boosters because I want frosty nugs and not green rocks that do not get you where you need too be.

That being said my increase in p/k is coming from my base when I use less of part A than B. I just figured out what ratio to start with by their charts. Basically I have been using the A dose of what you would use when shooting powder is in use and the B dose that is on the chart when shooting powder is not in use.

So far I can not complain super frosty nugs with excellent growth. It's so good in fact that I am not even tempted to get a booster. Whether or not the nutes are the reason for my success is debatable because my room is 69-80 F (at canopy) and 38%-50% RH and using Co2 but the nutes are for sure a part of the equation.
Nutes are CocosAB RootsE DripC BudXL enzyme epsom and silica in RO.

No problems here reducing part A.

cocojan

This run I swore I would not use any p/k boosters because I want frosty nugs and not green rocks that do not get you where you need too be.

That being said my increase in p/k is coming from my base when I use less of part A than B. I just figured out what ratio to start with by their charts. Basically I have been using the A dose of what you would use when shooting powder is in use and the B dose that is on the chart when shooting powder is not in use.

Great trick, thanks. I like the simplicity of a two part.

Wingnutt

I have had great results reducing the A in the final 2-3 weeks as well. I sometimes start tapering off earlier depending on how the plants look.