What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

African Strains

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Hola mi carnalito´s!!!

I was just about to remind you about the pics Bone, but you did the job already, thank you fo that :yes: LaManoNegra is quite impressive with he´s growing skills & straincatalog!
Originally posted by Bonecarver_og:
herbalistic - most weed thats comercial block in the third world IS moulded, has fungus etc. it is usually them that give the compressed blocks the funny urine-like smell. its mainly due to bad drying and or wetting before pressing- (some places they even pee on the bales before they put it thru the press.)

yeah man some of the colombian i came past in costarica had ORANGE spots on it. thats for colourfull weed hehe.

I was at the belief that Raco was talking about Spanish grown African´s, that´s the reason I was quite shocked that it´s so generalized in Spain to sell domestic grown moldy bud´s... But I checked Raco´s post again and find out he was quoting some OG grower. It was just so odd, because all the delicious looking Spanish bud I have seen here!

Can I upload that lastphoto (that is holding all the strains/buds), so I can put it in the first post in this thread! I was thinking somekind of African strain presentation/information, it would be great if it´s ok for you.

I dont know about the taste yet Highlighter, but the smell is quite delicious & fruity. I flushed her 7 time´s in the last two weeks, last two times I flushed her with dr.pepper mixed with water to impress the fruitines in JH :yummy:

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
These pic´s are from the visit of my stash. This is Power Plant nug after about 2.5 month cure. I must take camera with me the next time I visit stash, so I can show you the almost gold buds that are result of Herbalistic experiment. First I flushed the plant for about two weeks and then stopped watering and let it dry to death, result was golden buds with hugely increased resin content. After the cure the potency is very good and 0.2 gram pinjoint is enough for Herbalistic to get high.

Sorry for the crappy pic´s but I wanted to share this experiment with you guy´s/gal´s :wave:

The cured Power Plant nugs smell earthy & woody and are very pleasant to smoke!!!

I hope everybody have nice day!

EDIT: I forgot to ask, does anyone know the exact heritage of this strain? I am in the belief, that it´s a worked old Durbanline :chin: but if anybody knows more, please contribute, thanks!

Last edited:
B

bonecarver_OG

Herbalistic said:
I was at the belief that Raco was talking about Spanish grown African´s, that´s the reason I was quite shocked that it´s so generalized in Spain to sell domestic grown moldy bud´s... But I checked Raco´s post again and find out he was quoting some OG grower. It was just so odd, because all the delicious looking Spanish bud I have seen here!

Can I upload that lastphoto (that is holding all the strains/buds), so I can put it in the first post in this thread! I was thinking somekind of African strain presentation/information, it would be great if it´s ok for you.

hehe - yeah Raco was Quoting Derrayld - a WELL KNOWN grower from South Africa - from back in the OG days.

there is no african weed comercialy available in spain. :D
(only hash from morocco.)

the comercial local buds is usually the part the growers didnt want to keep for them selfs - so its not normally the best part - however the buds are NEVER compressed - although the humidity in harvest season can easilly mould big fat buds - and there fore its not uncommon to get buds chopped up buying busd (chopped to get rid of the mould etc) :D

but seriously - there doesnt seem to be any too big movement of local buds really - ppl smoke what they grow :D

u can use my pic - as long as u clearly state the grower and that i took the pic :D

peace!

peace all :D

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Thank you for sharing Alfred, I was waiting to see pic´s of your "Black Maconde" grow!

She really hasnt the most leaf´s ivé seen:)

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What a wonderful collection of African strains! Wha a great idea Herbalistic :rasta:

Bones, thanks for uploading all those pics, with some many different strains :yummy: La Mano Negra, I'll say it again, you got green thumbs my friend! :yes:

Here's my contribution, unfortunately, no bud pics.

Malawi land-race

and a CongoxCongo/Pakistan land-race

Happy growing! :jump:

G

Some gorgeous African on dispaly. Bone, thanks for posting that info courtesy of mano, h certainyl has got an impressive array of sativas.

I;ve just started some African landraces beans - from Egypt, so no idea what to expect.

G

I'll keep everyone posted on how they do. After sorting out the pale and immature and crushed seeds, I hasve 57 very dark, very small very round seeds, they are very uniform. I put 10 into paper towels yesterday, fingers crossed.

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Óla!!!

Im glad you found us Browser and thank you for sharing those pics.

Im really looking forward to seeing some pics of those Egyptians British Hempire!!! Do you have any info where the seeds were collected?

I managed to germ this old Saudi Arabian x Durbanskunk bean I got, so we are going to see some pic of he/her when there is some progress!!!

Hola.

Herbalistic, nice work with threat. I like african strain very much.

British, good luck with your egipcian seeds, sound very very nice.

Peace.

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Óla Alfred!!!

It´s not me that makes this thread nice, but all you guys who post info & pics..

How´s your S.A x Maconde doing by the way?

Hi herbalistic, in this moment de S.A x mocande are in a box, as soon as posible i´will someke this one... proximately i will send you a PM and will coment you about some seeds, they don´t S.A x Maconde because this seeds have high % of hermies, and i preffer send you other african strains, however i will speak with a friend that have S.A. x maconde perfect seeds. No problem.

Peace.

G

Just about to germ 5 etheopian highland seeds, have 15 more but going to run them later.

Hi neilspotshop, have you got ethipian highland?? you are really lucky, i was searching this seeds but african seeds isn´t operative. Tell us something about this strain, have you though to reproduce it? Ethiopian strain is something special and spiritual for me, i hope to find some seeds of this land. Could you tell us about this strain?

Peace and love.

G

I am afriad i dont have much information about this strain, the seeds i was gifted are probably 5-6 generations from the original africans seeds stock. The seeds however are from reasonably large gene pool in that the person i got them from was concerned with keeping a wide selection. I plan to germ/grow these 5 out (keeping clones) and seeing what they like soil and lightwise and once i think i can keep them happy i wil grow the rest and do a seed run with as many males and females as i can.
Sorry i cant help more at this time

Ok, sound good, in the future you could to show some pics. Thank for the information, i hope you have very luck with this seeds.

Peace.