What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Approximate Lucas w/GH Dry Nutes

ecsd

Lucas Formula using General Hydroponics Dry Nutrients (Maxibloom)

MaxiBloom and MaxiGro are dry nutrient also from General Hydroponics. It turns out, Maxibloom, used in a ratio of 7 grams per gallon of water*, is very close to the original Lucas Formula (above.) You do not need MaxiGro, and so this is the cheapest and easiest recipe to use.

Add 7 grams of Maxibloom into 1 gallon of water*, and then adjust the pH, and stir vigorously to dissolve the Maxibloom in the water. I advise putting the 7g of Maxibloom into a cup of warm water, dissolving it, and then adding it to the remaining gallon of water, before pH adjusting and mixing again.

from lucasformuladotcom

stinky33

The Links

The Links

Lucas formula: http://lucasformula.com/ basically 8mL GH Flora Micro and 16mL Flora Bloom. In the second section he says that 7g GH MaxiBloom per gallon is virtually identical to original Lucas formula using wet reagents. No MaxiGrow used at all.

Lastly, 8mL of GH FloraNova Bloom per gallon is basically the Lucas formula as well.

H3ad modified Lucas for coco going to a 6mL GH Flora Micro and 9mL GH Flora Bloom plus 1g per gallon Epsom salts: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=55683

Mel Frank's Info off of which the Lucas formula is based: http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/fourtwenty/articles/profiles.htm

SinisterLion

Mel Frank is the true author of the targets of NPK Mg of 100 100 200 60, it's in the Insiders Guide to Cannabis, Figure 9.7

Google HydroBuddy and HydroCal (Java)

MaxiBloom, FloraNova Bloom, FloraMicro and FloraBloom as well as many other formulas can match this target closely, using PH's premixppm Excel spreadsheet, or the above mentioned newer additions to the scene, you can calculate the value of your commercial nutrients, tinker with the numbers of a single or multiple products to approximate this target.

You can also simply plug in your target at least in Hydrobuddy, which will then instruct you what nutrient salts you need, in what g weight you need to add them, it can also help you make your own a and b solution to counter the precipitation issue. Here is a quick example of Mel Franks target using a few of many nutrients salts, some which need to be added to the program later to increase the variety of its choices.

Mel Frank PH Lucas 100 100 200 60

NO3- 116.617
P 100
K 194.046
Mg 40.841

Ingredients

Potassium Nitrate KNO3 1.9 G
Magnesium Nitrate (Hexahydrate) Mg(NO3)2.6H2O 1.631 G
Phosphoric Acid (30%) H3PO4 3.992 G

This is just one quick example, with more salts in the database I believe soon it will be easier to hit closer to the closest formula.

cbw059

lucus dry maxiblom ppm

lucus dry maxiblom ppm

Am currently using lucus with dry gh maxibloom. At 7 gm per gal the max i get is 800-825 ppms. Ive been seeing target ppms from 1100-1300. What gives?

Last edited:
G

Guest 18340

Am currently using lucus with dry gh maxibloom. At 7 gm per gal the max i get is 800-825 ppms. Ive been seeing target ppms from 1100-1300. What gives?
What's the ppm's of the water you're using?

Kitana

Meter could be off in calibration or u use .5 scale ppm meter which means u should be around 1000 ppm which if a meter uses a .7 scale would = 1400ppm in ur res look up or call vendor of your meter or calibrate it yourself to a baught calibration solution of .5 or .7 and know yourself

Been running this for awhile. Maxibloom strait.

Im getting Nitrogen deficiencies in a certain strain running Dry nute Lucas during flower. Anyone else experience this?

bagada

ive researched everything about lucas and KISS growing. Everywhere it seems that maxi bloom is the only fertilizer you need for hydro. It is cheapest, most solubable, leaves no residue(like flora nova), has the most balanced stable ph(in other words, if you use tap water-about 8 ph- you can basically just add the maxi-bloom and it adjusts the ph for you and keeps it there) I cant think of a simpler way of growing. the only negative i can think of is you need to mix it a little harder than liquid...but thats it. I use it alone after wasting tons of money on bs nutes. Peace

My only issue is that I can't just use it by itself. You pretty much need to also have Cal Mag and sometimes a Nitrogen boost depending on the strain. I'm on my 3rd grow with it now and quite happy. Im thinking about adding KoolBloom now that im about to hit week 5 and cutting back the Maxi.

mang305

Im getting Nitrogen deficiencies in a certain strain running Dry nute Lucas during flower. Anyone else experience this?

i know this is an old thread but i just started with lucas maxibloom on GDP 2 weeks about a week in bloom and im getting a nitrogen deficencies also. i cut back to 5g a gal and added 4ml cal mag for n boost. that brings my ec to1.8 ph 5.8 in rockwool. its recovering slowly.

im thinking about adding maxigrow to the mix, 1.5 grow 3.5 bloom. has any ever mixed grow and bloom to help with nitrogen?

Hydro-Soil

Veteran

Usually a pH thing, gotta get that full swing in to hit all element availabilities... but if you're running other strains in the same res... dunno.

What's the strain? Anyone else experience this, with that strain?

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

hxvoc

hey hydro, im running MB alone with 150 ppm tap water at .5 conversion. I seem to be showing nitrogen deficiency in early flower and cal mag issues throughout the entire grow. what gives?

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
hey hydro, im running MB alone with 150 ppm tap water at .5 conversion. I seem to be showing nitrogen deficiency in early flower and cal mag issues throughout the entire grow. what gives?
Submerged root hydro or medium based?

You need a full pH swing to unlock all that's in there. Cal mag issues? Which one? Cal or Mag?

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

Jimmy G Nuetron

Question for all of the Lucas Formula users.

Doing a 4 X 8 ebb & flood with a 115 gal reservoir
Using Lucas Formula 6ml per gal Flora Micro 9ml per gal Flora Bloom 1ml per gal CalMagic
All in RO water with a 5.5 ph and 000 ppm changing the rez every week.

When adding the Kool Bloom Powder at 1 tsp per gal do you run this for a week or one feeding cycle and then change the rez ?

backwoodsbill

Hey all!:
new here seem to be in question girls are in end of week 8 flowering looking real sweet used gh dry nutes maxi grow for 4 wks. then maxi bloom to present and are about to use kool bloom here is my Question to any body using gh dry nutes do you change out the res of maxi bloom and only run koolbloom plus Epsom salts for the slight mag deficientcy or do you keep the maxibloom in res and add kool bloom skipping additional maxibloom added then at the end of a week then flush res and go straight ph,d water grow has gone great to this point and I don,t want to mess it up! any help will be appreciated thanx!

crisscross

backwoods: I run a recirculating dwc system with a chiller in hydroton. I don't use koolbloom straight. It's too aggressive/causes me leaf burn. I use maxibloom and when I do add backs of about 7-20 gallons of tap water (depending on my schedule and how long its been between visits) I put one Tablespoon of KB for every 6 Tbs of MB. I get about the right ec I need and plants look tits. Just gotta have Epsom on hand (I use calmag) and let that pH swing.

Also, I bought maxigro a while back and decided my plants can go just fine start to finish with only maxibloom. Maxigro was used to feed my bouganvillas and oleanders this spring.

Latest posts

Latest posts