What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lime green/yellowing between veins in early veg?

ghotiface

Hi,

This is is my first grow and I'm using soil mix - only about 4 weeks into veg. The soil I am using is subcool's 'base' soil mix (perlite + promix HP + worm castings) and I also have his super soil mix that I will transplant too soon - but right now all the plants are in the base mix.

I did a ph test from a kit I got at local nursery - put some soil in it,add distilled water and some powder and mix it up. After a few minutes it read around 6.0 PH.

I've not added anything other than whats in the soil, and have been watering with distilled water every 3 days or so.

strain is blue dream x sunshine day dream and banana og.

I am a new grower and this is my first grow, so any help is appreciated.

MJDsxWo.jpg

pUJHsUs.jpg

6MohRJf.jpg

Pj1Ll8H.jpg

fYvRBiW.jpg

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Your ph is too low and the plants are struggling to use the available nutrients, the leaves look droopy like they are overwaterd as well.

Pick up some dolomite lime and add 1 tablespoon per gallon of soil to each pot and it will manage the soil ph for you in the right spot. Wait to water until the pots feel light, almost all of a plants weight is water.

Last edited:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Time to transplant...

Those gals look hungry!

Also, a pH of 6 is a little low for a soil grow.
That low of pH will not allow Mg to be uptaken as eeasily. (Which is what I clearly see in the leaf closeup)

If your not ready to transplant, bring that pH up to around 6.7 + or - a couple points & see how those gals look after a week.

mushroombrew

Veteran
Yup pH 6.0 will affect Mag.

I would repot into supersoil. Most of your base mix is inert.

You got oyster shell in the super? Good pH buffer.

And don't water so much like IB said. Fill a pot with dry soil mix. Feel the weight of new dry mix. Then when you think its time to water pick up the pot. It should feel quite light before you water.

Personally I think promix is too wet. It's a soggy affair at best. I switched to Sunshine #4 decades ago and never went back...