What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mammoth p reviews??

So I've seen a ton of posts praising but some guy on YouTube released a side By side, and his mammoth side lost to his non mammoth side. https://youtu.be/CH815nwo3l4
I just want to know everyone's personal experience and if they recommend it. It's just so pricey

So I've seen a ton of posts praising but some guy on YouTube released a side By side, and his mammoth side lost to his non mammoth side. https://youtu.be/CH815nwo3l4
I just want to know everyone's personal experience and if they recommend it. It's just so pricey

Thats funny a super expensive product to add that makes the plants do worse. Sounds like half the shit on the shelf at the hydro store lol. I wouldnt be impressed if i was sold that saying it was amazing and did worse...

I wont be buying any of that. Looks like the only people using it are the people who got free testers. A couple years ago whe the dropped the test packs they were everywhere but i never heard or seen anything special about them

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
Could you be more specific? Increase in what yield? Finish speed? Mold? Your post is not very clear on what it does for you. I wouldnt buy anything people just say buy it because its good.

I'm not going to speak for CF, but I had a discussion with him about this very product. He essentially said the same thing, and by that I inferred he meant: increases in yield, increases in vigor, etc.
It wasn't a double-blind experiment in some peer reviewed journal, but Frank has been around the block enough to know when something is impacting his grow.
I had received some samples of mammoth awhile back and can say that I saw enough of the same to want to purchase the product. Having said that, the only reason I'm not already on board with it is I use a boatload of Advanced Nutrients bennies....and they're already helping immeasurably in terms of disease resistance, overall vigor and root growth. I don't own stock in any of these nutrient/supplement joints....just been chooglin' for decades looking at what works and what doesn't FOR ME. I always advise folks check out stuff on their own to determine the same.

jidoka

What I would be curious about is if anyone has seen an increase in P in tissue analysis? Short of that I consider opinions nothing more than speculation

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
What I would be curious about is if anyone has seen an increase in P in tissue analysis? Short of that I consider opinions nothing more than speculation

I was told that it helps the roots to fix P, which increases availability, and therfore would show u pi ni tissue analysis, but that some people had experienced taste issues doisng in flower

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
bigger yields for me no doubt.
its just a P enhancing bacteria.
defo helps the plants stack harder early, longer and fatter buds no doubt.
im just about out of my sample and i will be purchasing more.
i also use other additives too, but dont want to get off track.
Thanks Ax for filling in until i saw this :D

stucrew

B52 or Mammoth P?

B52 or Mammoth P?

I have a question. Have any of you used B52? Is it the same as Mammoth p? Would one be better to boost buds? Or should they both be used for different reasons to attack building bigger, better buds?

linky

I use and have been purchasing mammoth p for about a year now, definitely works for me. I buy 1 liter bottles on ebay for ~150-160 shipped.. local hydro store is typically 180-190. I am sure it costs only them pennies to produce a bottle, same with all the nutes on the shelf but they know what everyone is using them for so can charge lots. It more than pays for itself though.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer

Imo it's just another hyped up bottle feed for lazy growers lol I will stick with the recipes in the books and stick to amending soil etc fuck bottle feeding em.. that's just my opinion though

fizz

I have an unopened bottle that I plan to use soon. I like slow release amendments like azomite and even greensand, and powerful microbes like Mammoth P should help me break down those organic amendments efficiently.

The microbes in Mammoth P (Pseudomonas putida, Comamonas testosteroni, Citrobacter freundii, Enterobacter cloacae) are quite unique. Research them, and let me know what you think.

As far as youtube side by sides? Never seen one that wasn't full of unnecessary variables. Also, if it doesn't smell like Mammoth Piss then it's probably past the (6 month!) expiration date.

Mammoth p does indeed increase bud size and deliver bigger yields when you start using it in the early stages of blooming BUT as in most effective bloom enhancers something is often taken away or not as prevalent, there is always a trade off.

Taste, aroma and potency may suffer if used from the start or early weeks of blooming to the end, you will have big, well developed buds but some of the character of the bud will be missing or not very prevalent and I have noticed the taste is a little different I am not a fan of.

Another issue, some strains finish way too early and will catch you by surprise, bud can be over done and the potency will suffer. I had a Train Wreck finish in 7 weeks but I let go 8 and it was way too overripe.

I use it weeks 6,7,8, flush or 5,6,7 flush this way you will get nice big buds but with all the character the bud is known for. I do not recommend using it from the beginning of flowering. If you use it like I suggest your buds will be bigger (but not as big if used from the start), denser with everything you expect from that strain with no change in taste and potency.

I got excellent White Widow results combining Mammoth p with Bloombastic weeks 5,6,7 flush, best WW ever in every category. I get excellent results using Mammoth p with Jamaican guano without Bloombastic.

I think Mammoth p is great for low yielding strains such as WW but I will never again start it in the early weeks of blooming.

If I had to choose between Mammoth p and Bloombastic, I will take Bloombastic because IMHO it's been the shit from the day it hit the market, it makes everything better. But Mammoth p does what it claims and I will continue to use it.

thejact55

Imo it's just another hyped up bottle feed for lazy growers lol I will stick with the recipes in the books and stick to amending soil etc fuck bottle feeding em.. that's just my opinion though

Agreed. I got some for free, the plants i used it on are yeilding nicely, but cant say i have comparisons to say it is "x" better with it than without it. I wont buy it when i run out.
Ill take a nice fortified organic soil and some killer teas anyday over something in a bottle.
Probably a good product, but it isnt a replacement for strong fundamentals.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Agreed. I got some for free, the plants i used it on are yeilding nicely, but cant say i have comparisons to say it is "x" better with it than without it. I wont buy it when i run out.
Ill take a nice fortified organic soil and some killer teas anyday over something in a bottle.
Probably a good product, but it isnt a replacement for strong fundamentals.

I agree