What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Functional Cannabis Strains

If you're like me, cbd does nothing, for pain or otherwise.
But most of today's Sativas are tainted with the Indica laggs.. Only way to turn a 20 week low yielder into a commercially viable mutt cut: Bastardize it into a indica and still call it a Sativa.
One exception I've found has been OJs Haze, Connoisseur Genetics. It definitely gets you high, but in a "Limitless" kind of way. No couch potatoe. Of course you need proper uv spectrum to fully rid any grow of the couch potatoes that have taken over most gardens.

Were you smoking tested cbd rich cuts? Something over 15% cbd? I have horrible nerve pain only controlled otherwise by opiates. I havent tried the cbd without oxy but with oxy it does it well for me

clearheaded

Keep in mind cbd decreases enzymes tgat break down certain drugs like opiates and benzos. Same enzyme tgat grapefruut juice effects. So coukd be just increase in blood plasma levels of tge opiate?

Can be dangerous so keep in mind if using opiates and high cbd as may increase risk of depressed resperstion. should figure out if cbd alone works or if its infact like taking a larger dose of oxy. Or prob both with interesting chemistry happening in ur bosy :)

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
If you're like me, cbd does nothing, for pain or otherwise.

One exception I've found has been OJs Haze, Connoisseur Genetics. It definitely gets you high, but in a "Limitless" kind of way. No couch potatoe. Of course you need proper uv spectrum to fully rid any grow of the couch potatoes that have taken over most gardens.
CBD lowers my pain, over time. With steady dosage, my pain goes down and down. With me it's an inflammation thing and a perception thing (over-amped reception of nerve ending signals).

When I back off the dosage, it takes a week or so before I start feeling the reasons I use CBD. ;)

Most gardens, or most genetics? I'm HPS only and harvest at 5-15% amber, no couch potatoes here. Looking to get into long flowering sativas, but have been limited to 60's day hybrids so far.
What's the spectrum angle??

clearheaded

Mmm dont think he knows what is talking about. While uv def has its place does not change effect to couch lock by its presence. Infact would likely degrade more thc to cbn causing more sedative effect. Or hes talking about thcv but its produced under hps and adding more uv doesnt make more thcv its genetic. Not sure where idea of it only od came from, perhaps because its common in sativas that most of the time arent grown inside...

clearheaded

Sorry what i meant to articulate is thcv only produced only outdoors because of uv light is maybe what he meant. But again its produced under hps aswell so who knows what he meant lol

Junk

Sorry what i meant to articulate is thcv only produced only outdoors because of uv light is maybe what he meant. But again its produced under hps aswell so who knows what he meant lol

You can get the UV inside, but if you run glass in the hood it interferes with the UV. And a lot of people run glass. And some bulbs produce more UV than others. So it's possible to grow inside without much, or any UV depending on the setup.

Douglas.Curtis

You can get the UV inside, but if you run glass in the hood it interferes with the UV. And a lot of people run glass. And some bulbs produce more UV than others. So it's possible to grow inside without much, or any UV depending on the setup.
I assure you, at least Harlequin and Canna-Tsu (the cut I have), is plenty medicinal and functional under glass and without. :tiphat: A strain which is functional is going to be very similar, regardless of where it was properly grown. :)

Junk

I assure you, at least Harlequin and Canna-Tsu (the cut I have), is plenty medicinal and functional under glass and without. :tiphat: A strain which is functional is going to be very similar, regardless of where it was properly grown. :)

I was just explaining why flowering under HPS isn't a guarantee of UV. I wasn't saying anything about your plants.

Douglas.Curtis

I was just explaining why flowering under HPS isn't a guarantee of UV. I wasn't saying anything about your plants.
I should have specified, the comment wasn't at you directly. The comment was to get the thread back on track. It's not about the lighting, it's about functional cannabis strains.

:dance013: ;)

Muleskinner

Veteran
I'm too lazy to find it right now, but there are a couple of university studies done on cannabinoids and UV, it was proven definitively that the presence of UV does not affect the potency or cannabinoid profile in a significant way.

The study said they did not analyze terpenes, so it's possible they could be affected. This is not true of many vegetables and ornamentals, you have to check if a veggie needs UV before growing.

btw the University of Utah lighting study found than HPS offers about 10% the UV of sunlight, metal halide 100%, and CMH about 25%. I do have a link to this one:

https://www.researchgate.net/profil...sableCoverPage=true&origin=publication_detail

clearheaded

sweet skunk cbd... nice functional stuff.

to me, and maybe just a function of terps etc. but if a strain is sorta harsh expanding it tends to be less functional. not sure if harshness sorta puts the high downwards like smoke inhalation or just the pinine myrcene that happen to be harsher? butt sorta a general thing ive noticed. also it seems part of reason hash has more up feeling then smoking a joint of the same herb(more smoke bit harsher adds mellow edge? and maybe not so much dif terps or cannibinoids on whole flower but again the "harshness/more smoke") also cbn i believe is responsible for less functional high which is produced quicker in faster ripening strains when have more amber trichs. so less brown more light green silver tinge to buds more likely to be "up" which isnt to say functional lol but perhaps better odds. of course subjective and many exceptions.

clearheaded

sorry also about the cbn, why the old books said high cbd in in more amber trich nugs. but actually higher cbn is why high changes when u let it go longer. funny how deeply that myth is rooted.

clearheaded

lol part of it perhaps. but pinene is an irratant same with several others. extractors take out pinene for that exact reason..

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
farming peeps out by me have been smoking "50/50's" with their trim crews
half high CBD hemp, half thc flower... keeps peeps chugging along without getting to high and slow or ripped to hell by the end of the day

Latest posts

Latest posts