What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Florida Growing on the Flat Earth

CannaFunk

The plant in the pictures was planted in ground in November of 2016, it grew, was pollinated, and produced a small amount of flower and seed I think I pulled it in April/May sometime, it then Reveg'd in its pot for a couple weeks and was placed in ground around May/June. So its had a couple months to do its thing, definitely stunted by the Reveg, but once it got into a bigger hole with space to stretch it did so quickly.

The picture below is of the plant 3-4 weeks into flower the first time. Single Cola didn't train initially, now I have her bushed, she likes :)

Attachments

• IMG_3761.JPG
    IMG_3761.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 10
26 wow, thats afrika man, perpetual growing for real! i´m from europe, 51°btw and have one friend in southern greece at 36 and i tought that was far south :D btw he grows 2seasont too no problem. i am praying for only one propper season. good luck to you sun-spoiled people :)

I just imagined how it would be to go all year long to my guerilla spots and haul water all year long trough the heat and i think im fine with only one season :D but maybe its the envy speaking.
seriously you can grow pretty much everything in the world wow, ever tried a 18week sativa outdoors hahaha
cheers friends!

CannaFunk

26 all day, gotta love soaking 3 shirts before noon sweating :) I have learned to love heat, glassblower, chef, grower, etc.

One of the main things I want to do when $$$ is right and, Im back in Florida, is procure genetics from places like 36 or 51 that are bred outdoors, to see what kind of funky expressions would come out under the Florida Sun.

Going to be pulling my main crop mid-september, and possibly one later plant end of september, regardless, moving out of state.

I like cooking, not dayli but my gf says im much better cook than her( i think so too :D ) and glassblowing is someting i always found very interesting and exciting, you have to be concentrated and fast and creative at the same time, its like growing in highspeed :D

i would love to compare something from 51N grown out at 26 bro, But in the first place i have to figure something out for myself, im working to improve my OD show every year pretty consequently and in a few years i should be done. aim is to establish Indoor genetics in central europe by crossing them to light sensitive genetics.. i already have resistant plants with pretty much better flavor of indoor but i really have to get the flowering started 2-3 weeks earlier AT least to be prepared for colder years than this year :(

CannaFunk

I plan on running alot of 12-24 week strains for sure, future plans. Update in a couple weeks when flowers are formed fully

Buckeyebandit

I plan on running alot of 12-24 week strains for sure, future plans. Update in a couple weeks when flowers are formed fully

i have a half pack of thai stick sativa for you then. 24 might not be long enough thou hahaha. just dropped a few sd x oh to do a 12 /12 if you will to see how long they might take and to see how they come out. have some more for next season if all looks well at the end. looking at the cangston sativa as well. might be a good candidate for out crossing (hope i spelled it correct lol)

Buckeyebandit

i seen a grow in here that the thai stick sativa went 25 weeks plus. use the search engine on top of page and put in thai stick sativa. it will bring up the grows of it

wow, this thin leaf! this grower must have some patience...
"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I chopped it yesterday. 27 weeks and it was all cloudy with a few ambers."
if i want to grow a "sativa" i reach for some 10-12 week strain ;D and chop after 10 -.-
[/FONT]

CannaFunk

Well the hurricane is heading toward my area, should I early chop some plants? Should I let some stay and brave the wind and rain? Going to pull all the seeded buds that are finished or almost finished but Im going to let try and let my Sinsemilla finish out.

Hope the storm misses but dont want it to hit any1 else either...

Nature is really showing me tons variables my first grow season.

let them stand, they will be on the ground after the rain and you go with a RO/distilled water sprayer out and wash the freh soil from the buds, shake off water and youre ready to go... if branches break there you have your early smoke..

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Its gonna have 150 MPH winds! Chop what you can now, and leave the rest with A SHIT TON of EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA SUPPORT and TRELLIS!! Get extra stakes and rope and trellis and do what you must do to protect them girls.
GOOD LUCK CannaFunk! Hope your girls ride it out like champions. Will be rooting for them.