What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

help about fingerprints in an outdoor guerilla garden

Gizmo

Hello fellows,

I hope you feel good, the outdoor season is here and i would like to ask some help about the security in an outdoor guerilla garden please.

Im concerned about the fingerprints we can leave on tools and plastic cans or fences. so please i would like to ask to the experienced outlaw growers, how to clean fingerprint on tools ? which kind of gloves i must wear when working in the garden ? and what i need to worry about fingerprints on other surface of my garden please ? at risk to look a little dumb, does touching my plants is a problem ?
thank you

Gizmo

St. Phatty

I don't think you can get fingerprints off a plant.

A serious solvent like Acetone I think would be useful in wiping prints off of shovel handles etc.

(Acetone can dissolve plastic.)

Definitely a reason to minimize the amount of man-made stuff at a grow. Who wants to be busted by their own drink container.

shithawk420

Veteran
ISO and acetone. If your worried about fingerprints your already busted. Don't leave your tools at your guerrilla grow. Wear good gloves

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Or sandpaper the tools. Minimize your presence be it tools, footprints, etc.

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
The best chance to be noticed is going to and from your grow. Carrying gardening tools is a bright red flag. I say hide tools at the grow site. There are tight fitting nitrile rubber coated knit gloves that allow good dexterity (they suck when working with wire though). Don't wear shoes with unique sole patterns. You might consider hiding a pair of shoes near where you leave the main trail to get to your grow site. That way you can swap shoes and leave different tracks at the grow than you do walking down the trail to your car.

theJointedOne

Veteran
The best chance to be noticed is going to and from your grow. Carrying gardening tools is a bright red flag. I say hide tools at the grow site. There are tight fitting nitrile rubber coated knit gloves that allow good dexterity (they suck when working with wire though). Don't wear shoes with unique sole patterns. You might consider hiding a pair of shoes near where you leave the main trail to get to your grow site. That way you can swap shoes and leave different tracks at the grow than you do walking down the trail to your car.

I agree, good advice.

Id be wearing gloves. Make sure you have a story made up if you do run across someone and happen to get in conversation ect.

Take different routes to the spot so you dont create a trail from your steps.

They make foldable shovels that are army green ect.

Good Luck, and be safe.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
Just do as others have said and wear gloves, don't be seen go to or from your spot and make sure the spot is so far off the beaten path that nobody will ever find it. EVER.

On a side note.... prints cant be lifted off everything. the smoother and cleaner the better.

It was already said but just in case you missed it.... don't leave your tools at the site. if you gotta leave tools out there..... stash them far from your spot. maybe like halfway to it.

Really, once your plants are in, there isn't much you'll need other than buckets. Maybe something to tie down branches and a pocket saw in your pack.

If your REALLY gangster you can use easy off oven cleaner!lol

shithawk420

Veteran
I would not leave tools anywhere near the grow site. You get caught with them then there's no denying anything. Just wear a backback

troutman

Seed Whore
When I got out to a spot. I walk past a little and sit down for 15 minutes to see if I'm being followed.

I also hide my tools about 100 meters away under a big tree and cover it with dead branches.

Once I'm done planting all the tools come home. Tools only move in or out from a site at night.

I don't leave any bags or other garbage "ever" at the site either.

Don't use the same exact path to get there either helps.

:tiphat:

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
If you were a bit sneaky you could drop a few pieces of other peoples trash in a bag or two there, could even help with a not guilty verdict.

Also, many takes from the US of LEO putting cameras up to catch people once they locate a grow. Masks and clothing help, if it or you are not distinctive, as others mentioned, shoes give a distinct mark.

As many others have said here, be aware of fish, game laws, best of all have an excuse to be out there, if you are "a photographer" have some pictures to bore people with, if you go "as a fisherman".. .best you know your steelhead from your big mouth bass, when it comes to the time to talk your way out of it. I escaped several years in the big house once just because a Policeman asked me about a subject I knew a lot about, I geeked them, escaped, free. it really did make the difference.

shithawk420

Veteran
Might be suspicious but if you wear garbage bags over your shoes it probably won't leave a pattern.and I would not leave any garbage anywhere even if its someone else's. That just gonna attract attention no matter how you slice it.not to mention that's just greasy

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i used to do my planting the last weekend of turkey season & tried to harvest during archery season. turkey hunters & bowhunters (according to survey done years ago in Outdoor Life) were the biggest heads in the woods.:biggrin: haul it out near road somewhere other than where i parked in case they were watching ...:tiphat:

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
There was a case several years ago where some guys harvested a half dozen trash bags full of bud. They carried it out to the rendezvous spot along a road and waited for their ride to arrive. When the white pickup finally pulled up and parked at the location, these guys quick scurried out of the bushes and threw the bags of bud into the back of the truck. Unfortunately they were mistaken. It was the game warden...

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
Might be suspicious but if you wear garbage bags over your shoes it probably won't leave a pattern.and I would not leave any garbage anywhere even if its someone else's. That just gonna attract attention no matter how you slice it.not to mention that's just greasy

Some folks use apiece of carpet attached to shoes....yeehaw

shithawk420

Veteran
Huh never thought of that. I got a couple hundred pieces of carpet squares. You guys wanna buy carpet shoes custom made? ! But yeah that's a good idea as long as you don't walk through a bunch of mud. I grow in nasty cornfields

Gizmo

hello guys, thank you very much for all your answers and advice, what kind of gloves are the best in your opinion ? i must have gloves who allow me to work in the garden, a least to water my plants with plastic can, dosing liquid nutrients and checking the leaves of my plants.