What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the REVIVAL of the ULTIMATE SATIVA THREAD a.k.a R.U.S.T II

vermontman

Wow beautiful Durban haven't seen as much of it lately as I did a few years ago. Still looking for one that finishes in Sept/early Oct and kicks ass. I've never managed to get one I really liked.

Had a mix up with Seedsman, ordered Afghani #1 someone screwed up and put Thai in the pack. I suppose it could be something else but the plant looks very SE Asian.

View Image

View Image

Now that I'm over my annoyance from getting the wrong seeds I'm starting to enjoy the plant. Didn't begin flowering until after the Autumn solstice. It's doomed, there's no way it'll come close to finishing at my latitude. The wet cold weather will probably do her in before the frost. We'll see where she is on the Winter Solstice.

My Mextiza keeps on flowering. I keep telling myself I'll harvest the top yellow part any day now. Any day now hasn't come and it keeps getting frostier. She's a big plant and the lower immature parts are producing some fat nugs. The lower parts are being attacked by some powdery mildew hopefully I'll be able to keep it in check until she finishes.

View Image

View Image

One of these years I need to get a real camera.

She's shown great resistance to mold, only a couple little foxtails have had to be removed. The segmented nature of narrow leaf buds makes it hard for the mold to spread and increases the surface area allowing the buds to dry quickly.

She's fun to watch flower because different parts of the plant are finishing at different rates. It's going to be tricky to tell when she's done. I keep removing a branch here or there to open up more light for other branches.

Great garden!
Going by surrounding trees your season look to becoming to an end.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

The plant I'm enamored with is far behind compared to the ripeness of all these beautiful buds being posted. The good news is that the weather is currently spectacular here. I hope it continues for another 3 weeks. It's unlikely, but I'm going to need it. Here's what I have so far, with a Kali Mist cross:
picture.php

picture.php

May the cerebral sativa high live on for the coming ages!

ThaiBliss

W

Water-

Nearly ripened to perfection. Strong lemon/anise profile to these that overpowers most of what I have in the garden this year. I'm eager for a smoke test, but the weather deities seem to be blessing us this year so she'll go a little longer.

View Image

is that Dutch Passion?

no answer: i'll take that as a YES

Last edited:
R

red23

Greek Landraces

Greek Landraces

Extremely potent,with the first phenotype being the Holy Grail of Pure Greek Landrace Sativas
Second one ,as renowned as the first one,Red Greek variety

Attachments

• IMG_1946.jpg
    IMG_1946.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1937.jpg
    IMG_1937.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1947.jpg
    IMG_1947.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1949.jpg
    IMG_1949.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 13

therevverend

Veteran
Going by surrounding trees your season look to becoming to an end.

It's getting close but the forecast is for warm dry weather all week. Makes me very happy I was very close to going to mold. The beautiful orange leaves are on a Japanese persimmon tree she's always the first tree to lose it's leaves. High up she has orange persimmons that are too puckery to enjoy at this point.

After a couple minutes of research on the internet I corrected my phone camera problems. Hopefully these good close ups will make up for the blurry images earlier. Here's the Mextiza showing her fall foliage.

picture.php

This is the 2nd Mextiza sister plant. She has a ranky Mexi smell I haven't smelled since the 90s. She's later then the 1st one. She's also showing the tendency to turn yellow on top green on the bottom.

picture.php

Another weird trait is as she finishes from the top down the top nugs stay small as they turn yellow. The lower flowers are getting huge, colas 12 inches or more long. This picture hopefully gives some scale size. The bud is more then halfway down the branch. Some of the big ones have been hanging on the ground from the lowest branches.

burningfire

Veteran
my NCH #2 F2, nepal x chitral x old timer's purple haze.

This is a rather nepal/haze pheno, I had other phenos with a little more chitral influence and much better resin coverage but overall this is the most potent of the bunch, even though the potency isn't earth shattering I decided to keep clones to keep working on it, I also seeded a few branches with some males from the same line and one male from the parental line.

she's more delicate than a straight nepal but the structure has more similarities than the chitral, but the OTH haze influence is clear as well, the aromas started out as creamy and cheesy, with pepper and incense. then I smelled notes of smokey ashes.. it's still peppery and incensey with a little fruitiness like blackberries. it has the base similar to lavender but without the top end perfume. smoked, it made me think of sandalwood, incense and citrus.

I just cut it last night, it'll take a few weeks to cure, usually the plants from that line need a good 6 to 8 weeks to do their thing.

I had a quick toke from the scissor hash last night, it was euphoric and quite the creeper, I'll write a better report once it's dried and cured. Like I said, the potency is average and the resin coverage could be better. I have a short list of genetics that I'd like to cross it to to keep it's qualities but improve on a few aspects.. I don't know if i'll ever find the time or room to work on it but in the meantime I can enjoy it as-is.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Just some older Mextiza pictures of the 7 week pheno, already have posted these in the past, but it's never boring to look at them i think. Happy im not lost this girl. It's actually not from a normal Mextiza release, it's Oaxaca79xMextizaF2, so a backcross to the Oax. Thanks to Mustafunk, will hold her in honour.

All pictures are the same pheno.
First pic is after just 3 weeks in 2.5L pots on coco.
picture.php
picture.php

The original plant from Seed after 5 weeks in a 11.5L pot on coco. Like her when being topped.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Smell is like sweet and spicy 7UP soda, very refreshing. Leaves a citrusy incense smell in the air when smoked.

I plan to make some crosses with her.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Honduras sativa
picture.php

unlike the sister with slightly wider and lighter leaves, she has much thinner and darker leaves, and is twice as tall, perhaps slightly further ahead as flowering, but it is the vigor of growth that amazed me ....

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Senegal x Tom Hill Haze

Senegal x Tom Hill Haze

hello,
well here is a cured lower bud from Senegal x THH...
it's one of the best crosses I've made with the THH male last year :)

Senegal x Tom Hill Haze
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

this haze blends fantastic with landrace genetics...
all the best
M.:tiphat:

Manivelle

Veteran
repost

mr nice shit dread420cut
if you have seen sativas looking like that please tell me .
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20181015_004956.jpg
    20181015_004956.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts

Latest posts