What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mack's Blues.

mack 10

Veteran
picture.php

jochen_45

Veteran
Mack's Blues

Mack's Blues

Hello Mack,
I hope everything is alright for you and the spring also is coming to the UK,
a little bit more sun is such a nice thing!
To the Mack's Blues, at the moment the smell is changing in another direction,
much more sweet and no more hard smells, I like it very much. Another thing is
how sticky they are from all the trichs they got, great, I can only tell you what
a big fun it is for me to grow this strain. My plants are now five weeks in flower
and go straight into the sixth week, here are my new pictures:

picture.php

picture.php

Okay, thats it for now, see you next time with new pictures...

mack 10

Veteran
Ola Jochen,
Everything looks fantastic, you got her to stretch nicely
and she will fill in nice. What strength do you feed her?
and pH?
The smell will get really fruity with a skunky/funky edge. double bagging will be needed.
The smell will come through in the taste which makes her a pleasure to smoke.
I can't wait to see them in 2,3weeks...big ups Jochen,:dance013:
You have done a great job.
:ying:mack.

Last edited:

jochen_45

Veteran
Mack's Blues

Mack's Blues

Hello Mack,

I hope, you'll find your way back home good after that great event and get some time to relax, when you need it. So when you
have found the right place, take a look at the new impressions from my Mack's Blues. My plants are now 44 days in flower, I'll give
them a long flush with the beginning of the 7th week and plan to harvest them between week 9 or 10. It depends on, how much
more weight they are able to produce from now and they will get their time, of course.
And to answer your question, I cant give them to much nutrients, they are very sensible and got those burnt leafes tips, when
they got only about 25% of the normal dosis of the nutrients. I work with plagron earth and perlite as substrates and use, after
a long time trying, the hesi nutrient line, again. Its very easy to use, not to expensive and my results are good.

Okay, thats all for the moment, here are the new pictures from today:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Okay, thats it for today, have a good time until next weekend...

mack 10

Veteran
Looking good my friend. they still have a bit to give yet,they should swell nice for you.
how is the smell? fruity/stong?
I aways feed lightly usually only around the 1 ec.
keep the pics coming:)
great work.
mack.

jochen_45

Veteran
Looking good my friend. they still have a bit to give yet,they should swell nice for you.
how is the smell? fruity/stong?
I aways feed lightly usually only around the 1 ec.
keep the pics coming:)
great work.
mack.

Yeah, I think the same, they should swell a little bit, is the Mack's Blues a strain that packs some on the weight
in the last weeks? But that is no problem, they have enough time, about three weeks until harvest. (one last week of
feeding them, after that they'll go into a long flush of min. two weeks)
The smell is very strong and gets more and more fruity with some other tastes in the background, I like it and the
hard stinking of the beginning days is long gone. Another cool aspect is the resin, the plants are very, very sticky.
I think we both feed our plants not strong and that is something, the most plants like very much. Mack, I see you
use the ph and ec often, do you work with coco or something like that? And when you want me to, I'll show the
next time more pics, but dont forget to have a look at the album from time to time.
Thanks for your nice feedbacks and kind words, my friend, we'll talk soon.

Mack's Blues in the fifth week of flower
picture.php

Yummy yummy Looking gummy. sticky sweetly delicious. Mack's blues may get the blues later on but I can assure you looking at Macks blues will take your blues away.thats a sexy lady. mmmm mmmmmm Nice job Jochen

Big ups to Mack for creating this FoXXXy yumm yumm. I can only fantasize at the moment, but yeah.
Has anyone made any concentrate from the mack's blues yet? Id be curious in tasting it :)

mack 10

Veteran
^^the ice hash and bho is just mental.i had planned on bringing some macks blues bho and entering her again this year at the ic cup but due to unforeseen circumstance's I could not make the deadline, shit happens. next year, look out.

She will fill in quiet nice, finishing up with dense balled up nuggs,but is not a massive yielder,more medium yield but excellent quality.
The pleasure comes when you smoke it, the smoothness and quality of taste/hit
is very good when grown well. Gives a dreamy high with some body setting in after a while.
Mack.

jochen_45

Veteran
Mack's Blues

Mack's Blues

Hello Mack and all you guys,

At first I want to say thanks for all the feedbacks, pm's and questions I got, because I never thought about doing a thread
with the Mack's Blues. I just wanted to show my good friend what I could do with his strain and have to say that I like to
grow this strain very much.
Today the plants are 51 days in flower and have got their last nutrients yesterday, they'll go now for two weeks into the flush
and after that they'll be harvested. At the moment the plants are filling in their buds, that are getting bigger from day to day.
I had to support a lot of branches, because they are getting to heavy. The smell changed a lot in the last days and is showing
a lot of different directions, it gets very nice. The different phenos are very uniform, and so it is not so easy to show them,
this time I took four different plants for the pictures.

Mack's Blues four times at 51 days
picture.php

Its easy to see, they are getting bigger...
picture.php

More pictures in the next post...

jochen_45

Veteran
Mack's Blues

Mack's Blues

Okay, here are some more pictures

Mack's Blues #5 and #6
picture.php

Mack's Blues #6 bud
picture.php

Thats it for today, next week I'll show you some more and hope you still like them...

mack 10

Veteran
Like them? seriously, I love them! you have done a great job on your first run.
and I can see they still have more to give!
I will be watching closely over the next 2 weeks, waiting for some pre chop pics.
you will notice the white hairs (stigma)start to receade into the pod (calx) and the calx's will swell up almost round,with a light pink stigma's. The smell can travel quiet far, and when smoked the smell will stick to you like glue.
have fun,
I can see they love your attention. keep doing what you do.
Peace out.
mack.

J

jimmy black

Awesome Job Jogi^^

and a awesome Job Mack 10 ,too !!!

i would also love to try some Mack Blues!

Have Fun with this Genes...

JB

jochen_45

Veteran
Mack's Blues...

Mack's Blues...

Hi Mack and all interested,

Today I took a plant which I couldn't show so much before, because it stood in the last row the most time. But today is the last 'normal' sunday
for my plants and so I thought it would be nice to show her. Like all her five sisters she is now the first week in the flush and starts to show it.
They produce some more weight and get more and more coloured, I think it will be a nice harvest. The smell is strong, but it has changed to something
with so much different parts, its not easy to discribe, I like it very much. I will give them 7 - 10 more days, that will be 65 - 68 days of flower and think
that is enough. So I will show them one more time directly before the harvest, but thats next week, here are the pictures from today:

Mack's Blues at 40/ 58 days of flower
picture.php

picture.php

Mack, your blues is a wonderful plant, its a pleasure to show her, thanks a lot.
Next weekend, next session...

Last edited:

mack 10

Veteran
:yay::canabis:Amazing stuff Jochen, I can smell her from here!!
I can't wait for your smoke report.
Great growing amigo.
mack.

Last edited:

jochen_45

Veteran
Mack's Blues

Mack's Blues

High Mack and Blues lovers,

Today is my last session with pictures from the Mack's Blues, they are now 65 days old and about two weeks in flushing,
that means they'll be harvested in one or two days, because they are ready. It was a pleasure for me to grow this strain
and I can say its a new keeper in my garden, I like it very much. When I think at the first weeks of growth and how they
were stinking, I cant believe, what a wonderful smell surrounds them now. You described it better than I ever could, but
it has a lot of notes in taste, it is very skunky with blueberry parts, but not a blueberry skunk, because there also is a
deeper, sour note and other parts, I have to test it much more, but what I can say it is very tasty and I love it. I think it
doesn't need a curing, but I will give her two weeks like my other strains, it can only be better.
Okay, let me now show you the last pictures of this grow:

Mack's Blues at 65 days of flower
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Okay, thats it for now, I know you want to hear my smokereport and can understand that very good, but at first I have to do some
drying and curing, after that I wanted to show some last pictures of the harvested buds and give a little smoke report, but you know,
that will need a little time and wont be ready at the next weekend. But I promise to be back with my results and until then I wish you
all a good time, have a nice 2013 with happy harvest.

Ps.: Please make the pics bigger to watch them, you'll have a much better view...

mack 10

Veteran
:groupwave: Big Cheer for Jochen!!

This has been a great trip for me! loved all your pics from the start, you document your grows so well.
I'm impressed with your first run, no problems no hermies just sticky buds:biggrin: now comes the best part,the testing of the buds...
Like you say it doesn't really need a cure but make sure you put away a small piece of the harvest as at 3 months the taste is sublime.
Again you rock! big ups Jochen!
Anyone else got the Macks Blues, get them pics up!
Got my next round just about ready to flip so lot's more blues to come:tiphat: mack.

jochen_45

Veteran
Mack's Blues

Mack's Blues

Hi Mack,

Thanks a lot for giving me such a positive, nice answer and your kind words about my first grow
with your genetics, to get it from you means a lot to me. I'm happy and glad about my experience
with your strains, but my contact to you means so much to me, I hope our friendship will stay like
the memory of this nice run.
Mack, you will hear from me, of course, have a nice sunday evening
and enjoy it, as you deserve it.
Lots of greets from your friend
Jochen