What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Marijuana Dispensary Ban Considered at L.A. City Hall Tomorrow

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
What prevented it from passing was the absence of the youth vote. College aged people stayed away from the election in droves. This is the one group that you would have thought would be all in favor of passing the law, but apathy kept them away. This is now coming back to haunt those in the business who promoted a "no" vote for selfish reasons.
that and growers and dispo owners spreading lies.
they actively engaged in propaganda against 19.

not a lot of voters in the triangle but there is influence(over growers and smokers)there.
people try to say they aren't to blame but they are!
they used their voice to every patient,caregiver and just plain stoner.
they carried that ignorant slut dragonfly's putrid water.

badmf

that and growers and dispo owners spreading lies.
they actively engaged in propaganda against 19.

not a lot of voters in the triangle but there is influence(over growers and smokers)there.
people try to say they aren't to blame but they are!
they used their voice to every patient,caregiver and just plain stoner.
they carried that ignorant slut dragonfly's putrid water.

Lets get something straight, if it passed it would still be "State Law" and not prevent nor slow down Fed asset fort. efforts. It must be removed Nationally from the Schedule one list. Huge effort and big Pharm would use the same ole same ole fears to defeat it. Too many folks don't have time or effort to investigate anything so we are subject to the blindness of the masses.

The Phoenix

Risen From The Ashes
Veteran
It's getting intense in my city over in the OC. I've got 4 dispensaries within walking distance from my house, 8 of them a few more blocks away, and between 60 - 90 of them in my city (not that big of a city compared to LA).

I'm a legal card holder, but I have to admit that this is crazy the numbers I'm seeing. Makes A-Dam seem not worthy of consideration.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
Lets get something straight, if it passed it would still be "State Law" and not prevent nor slow down Fed asset fort. efforts. It must be removed Nationally from the Schedule one list. Huge effort and big Pharm would use the same ole same ole fears to defeat it. Too many folks don't have time or effort to investigate anything so we are subject to the blindness of the masses.

We are discussing a municipal ordinance to ban dispensaries no?

badmf

yes but posts have led one to believe if it was legal statewide it woould have an effect on current DEA actions. And thats not true they cite Fed law and use it to pursue assets or at the very least the threat of and force evicitions.

abellguy

From what I gather from a dispensary that I work with regularly, he was talking with the city about some stuff that was recently going on in GG and said that the fed is not just coming in and taking out who they want. But rather that the individual cities would be getting complaints or had themselves determined that certain target ones were to go. So according to him the fed has no intention of eradicating it completely just making sure all are in their eye's in compliance.

Similar to what TP is experiencing there in GG one two story building had 6 in it with I think 2 doctors offices. I mean really that is just uncalled for when were trying to make strides to get this thing of the ground :rasta:

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran

not quite. if it would have passed it would have made several hundred several recreational hash bar type places open. The feds would be busting those advertised as recreational shops over medical patients, because they do not have enough resources to do both. Notice how now matter how hard they try they can't shut down the scene national wide. nobody is going to listen. Pot growers are the embodiment of civil disobedience.

WE ARE OVER GROWING THE PLANET. governments have been trying to stop us for 50 years, and failed. Not only that there is hundreds of thousands of times more pot grown now in the USA. They tightened up the borders to try and stop ut, so we just produce it local. fuck the feds.

no one explains it better than system of a down.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yndfqN1VKhY

Following the rights movements
You clamped on with your iron fists
Drugs became conveniently
Available for all the kids
Following the rights movements
You clamped on with your iron fists
Drugs became conveniently
Available for all the kids
Ooh, I buy my crack, my smack, my bitch
Right here in Hollywood

{Nearly two million Americans are incarcerated in the prison system
Prison system of the U.S.}

They're tryin' to build a prison

Another prison system
For you and me

Minor drug offenders fill your prisons
You don't even flinch
All our taxes paying for your wars
Against the new non rich
Minor drug offenders fill your prisons
You don't even flinch
All our taxes paying for your wars
Against the new non rich
Right here in Hollywood

{The percentage of Americans in the prison system
Prison system has doubled since 1985}

For you and me to live in
Another prison system
]
o build a prison
For you and me
Oh baby you and me

Why?
All research and successful drug policy shows
That treatment should be increased
Why?
And law enforcement decreased
While abolishing mandatory minimum sentences
Why?
All research and successful drug policy shows
That treatment should be increased
Why?
And law enforcement decreased
While abolishing mandatory minimum sentences

Utilizing drugs to pay for secret wars around the world
Drugs are now your global policy
Now you police the globe
Right here in Hollywood

Drug money is used to rig elections
And train brutal corporate sponsored
Dictators around the world

For you and me to live in
Another prison system
Another prison system
Another prison system
For you and me
Who for?
Who for?
Who for?
You and I
For you and me
Oh baby you and me

crazybear

I don't live in California & I don't see the med. scene so the argument though wether the cannabis clubs are to many or not, or what would of happened if a certain state law would of helped, what needs to be discussed is how to get the information out to john Q public that medical cannabis is a viable drug , that isn't going to tun the world into zombie's!!!!!!!!!!!:plant grow:

Dr.Dank

Cannabis 101
Veteran
I have a shop in cali and we are staying open no matter what. stand up for your rights.
If i could trust some of you and be good friends I'd put you each in a shop somewhere in cali that way we can beat em to the punch...