What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Goodbye Joey Weed

redlaser

Veteran
Does anyone know what Joey used to make his C99? I have been going through a couple packs and have come across several plants that have very little fruity/pineapple smell. They have more of a slightly minty, almost northern lights type smell. They have a slightly more indica-type leaf as well, and very heavy trichome production. Looks great but hardly any smell.

seymourbud

I've ran JWs A11, AK99, Sugar Blossoms F2 & Sugarberry backing each one up with another F gen.

If there's enough interest, I could share some of these Sugarberry F2s. I pollinated 2 females. One smelled like Mango & the other smelled of watermellon. Both plants looked very uniform in their structure having nearly the same height, branching pattern, leaf shapes, etc. Both were branchy and produced golf ball and larger buds. The menage a troi took place out doors and the seeds are thick & hardy & 2 or 3 yrs old.

I've also got Moon Shadow & NL99 I need to get to in the future.

So many cultivars... so little time...

Let me be the first to say, DEFINITE INTEREST!!!

inthefire

I've ran JWs A11, AK99, Sugar Blossoms F2 & Sugarberry backing each one up with another F gen.

If there's enough interest, I could share some of these Sugarberry F2s. I pollinated 2 females. One smelled like Mango & the other smelled of watermellon. Both plants looked very uniform in their structure having nearly the same height, branching pattern, leaf shapes, etc. Both were branchy and produced golf ball and larger buds. The menage a troi took place out doors and the seeds are thick & hardy & 2 or 3 yrs old.

I've also got Moon Shadow & NL99 I need to get to in the future.

So many cultivars... so little time...
I would be interested

mr.rogers67

This is the c99 description by jw for anyone interested. mr.rogers
attachment.php

Attachments

• c99 010.jpg
    c99 010.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 30

Space Toker

Veteran
ah I remember the name joey weed from *********, if that got blotted out then it is HD for short. I was at the old CW and an intermittent one and then the new incarnation after that, and knew Mr Soul from a forum from even earlier, admittedly I don't know what is really going on in this thread but will figure it out or so I hope! ;) So what was my point now? know I had one! :D

redlaser

Veteran
It makes sense the f2 would have been easier to make. Of the 9 females I recently ran only two had a really nice smell. The others had weaker fruit smells, a few almost had no smell. I made what would be f3's and the one female I ran was better than the f2's smell wise.

Last edited:

oldman

What? Joey Weed never showed up? Well, I hope your retirement is as nice as mine. I'm sitting here right now with some JW SugarBerry tasting mighty good. I'll keep it going as long as I can Joey.....

Peace......

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
I ran across a seed vending site yesterday that claims to have JW beans for sale. They carry like 3 breeders wares and only (and exactly) 4 strains from each. Seemed too sketchy to ask any qs. If theyre real deal JW beans they would be pretty old anyway.

ISM2

I had (4) JW AK47 x Blueberry seeds that were at least 8 yrs old. They were kept in the fridge the entire time. I'm pretty sure I got them through SB. They came in a small white pack stapled around a clear, round seed holder with handwriting on the outside showing the strain. These are the real deal!

I decided to germinate them, and all four were good. From them I got one male and three females. One of the females was a trichome monster! I selectively pollinated her with the male to save seeds. The smoke was great and it only took a couple hits to get way high. :)

That female was re-vegged and is being used as a mother for clones. She is 238 days old today. I have another seed pack labeled "Kojak" but can't find any info on it.

Pro Headies

Veteran
I had (4) JW AK47 x Blueberry seeds that were at least 8 yrs old. They were kept in the fridge the entire time. I'm pretty sure I got them through SB. They came in a small white pack stapled around a clear, round seed holder with handwriting on the outside showing the strain. These are the real deal!

I decided to germinate them, and all four were good. From them I got one male and three females. One of the females was a trichome monster! I selectively pollinated her with the male to save seeds. The smoke was great and it only took a couple hits to get way high. :)

That female was re-vegged and is being used as a mother for clones. She is 238 days old today. I have another seed pack labeled "Kojak" but can't find any info on it.

I would say they came from Heavens Stairway or Hemp Depot, thats exactly how Joeys seeds were packaged. Do you have alot of those Ak47 x Blueberry F2's you made still. Id like to run some of them since Joeys gone if they were around. Ive ran alot of Joeys gear, miss his Blue Apollo and White Russian!

G

I'm glad I stumbled across this thread. I'm a big fan of Joey and ran a lot of his gear when I was first getting serious.
I am curious as to if/whom got his genetic library. Hope his story has a happy ending.
OC

Last edited:

ISM2

I would say they came from Heavens Stairway or Hemp Depot, thats exactly how Joeys seeds were packaged. Do you have alot of those Ak47 x Blueberry F2's you made still. Id like to run some of them since Joeys gone if they were around. Ive ran alot of Joeys gear, miss his Blue Apollo and White Russian!

Ah, that makes more sense as I do remember dealing with HD. Yes, I do have a few seeds to spare.

I also found more info about the "Kojak" seeds. They are from a breeder named Budbrain and are a Killer Queen x Jack Herer. I sure hope these are as viable as the others.

coxnox

Veteran
I ran across a seed vending site yesterday that claims to have JW beans for sale. They carry like 3 breeders wares and only (and exactly) 4 strains from each. Seemed too sketchy to ask any qs. If theyre real deal JW beans they would be pretty old anyway.

Link ? in pm if it's not allowed :biggrin: