What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MIXING, MEASURING, CONVERSIONS... FOR NUT'S

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
Thought this would be helpful

http://www.botanical.com/botanical/cvcookix.html

Conversion Table for Cooking

[SIZE=+2]U.S. to Metric [/SIZE]
Capacity1/5 teaspoon = 1 milliliter
1 teaspoon = 5 ml
1 tablespoon = 15 ml
1/5 cup = 50 ml
1 cup = 240 ml
2 cups (1 pint) = 470 ml
4 cups (1 quart) = .95 liter
4 quarts (1 gal.) = 3.8 liters Weight
1 fluid oz. = 30 milliters
1 fluid oz. = 28 grams
1 pound = 454 grams
[SIZE=+2]Metric to U.S.[/SIZE]
Capacity 1 militers = 1/5 teaspoon
5 ml = 1 teaspoon
15ml = 1 tablespoon
34 ml = 1 fluid oz.
100 ml = 3.4 fluid
oz. 240 ml = 1 cup
1 liter = 34 fluid oz.
1 liter = 4.2 cups
1 liter = 2.1 pints
1 liter = 1.06 quarts
1 liter = .26 gallon
Weight 1 gram = .035 ounce
100 grams = 3.5 ounces
500 grams = 1.10 pounds
1 kilogram = 2.205 pounds
1 kilogram = 35 oz
[SIZE=+2]Cooking Measurment Equivalents
16 tablesppns = 1 cup
12 tablespoons = 3/4 cup
10 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons = 2/3 cup
8 tablespoons = 1/2 cup
6 tablespoons = 3/8 cup
5 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon = 1/3 cup
4 tablespoons = 1/4 cup
2 tablespoons = 1/8 cup
2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons = 1/6 cup
1 tablespoon = 1/16 cup
2 cups = 1 pint
2 pints = 1 quart
3 teaspoons = 1 tablespoon
48 teaspoons = 1 cup

PS.
FOR WATER:
20 drops = 1ml
1g = 1ml,
therefore 5ml = 1tsp.,
therefore 3tsp. = 1 table spoon

32FL.OZ. = 1QT = 947ml[/SIZE]

G

Guest 18340

Great idea B Friendly:yes:, hope you don't mind this being a sticky.

*mistress*

Veteran
:yes:

different fertilizers have different weights.
so, 1 tsp of flora nova bloom, may weight more, or less than 5 g... but still be 5 ml by volume... in 1 tsp.

also, the net weights on some fertilizers change, from batch to batch, which may affect the total content of the final solution. even if use 1 tsp (~5 ml), or 1 tbsp (~15 ml)...

B. Friendly

Veteran
It's as close to perfect as a general chart can come.
I know it will help others, it helped numero uno

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
Yeah this thread is def a god sticky nice one op.. gonna turn out nice. pretty simple . and easy to read.. Sure going to help all of us out a lot

edit - hey is this missing a number

Metric to U.S.
Capacity 1 militers = 1/5 teaspoon
5 ml = 1 teaspoon 15
ml = 1 tablespoon

B. Friendly

Veteran
ah ha, fixed it. eyes get blurry, with so many back spaces then enter...
Gracias Biatchzxz

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
De Nada . B. my pleasure. i know exactly what your talking about. im surprised you got that shit nice and neat .. a good piece of information for everyone

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
How bout some maybe gram conversion help. Whats the equivalent number for let's say 8 grams per liter which would be what in tsp. I know u said 1 g = 1 ml. So that's 8ml equivelent to 3/4 TSP. Somethin like that. Would that be right

Last edited:

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
Yeah that's what I did to get those numbers. It's funny cuz i always confuse the ISH out of myself for no reason. Kinda the same issue back in the day when I was trying to measur out some powder Bud Blood and BiG BuD or whateve So yeah I just wanted to make sure if my above calculations were somewhat in the right direction. Just want to be perfect cuz some of these powders have completely crazy labels as far. I'll post up the label for the fun of it and well see. And + rep for u always. U deserve it

Edit. - ok I got.Figured it and wrote it down this time. It thanks bro.

B. Friendly

Veteran
thanks biatchzxz, it's as close to perfect as anything i have found. Every compound will have a slightly different density, but don't think you'll ever be to far out at all with these conversions.
Everything is general but this is pretty good info, i have been looking and many have been backed up elsewhere
Conversions

1 TSP = 5 ml
1 oz = 30 ml
1 Cup = 8 oz
1 Pint = 16 oz
1 Quart = 32 oz
1 Gal = 128 oz
1 Liter = 1000 ml
this is from the GH website
if you use GH products this is an awesome nutrient calculator, good becuase it shows nut's for seedling, transition, blooom and ripen stages http://www.genhydro.com/calculator/index.html cool to play with

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
Thanks dude. But we already clarified that i was refering to Powder Gram measurments to Tsp but I pretty much figure it out. I belive a 1.25 grams was equiv to 1/4 tsp if I'm not confusing it

Syd

ICMag Donor
water hardness

water hardness

picture.php

picture.php

CALCULATOR
http://users.tinyonline.co.uk/chrisshort/waterhard.htm

firehound

I am 1st time trying MB on my next grow.I understand well enough i hope, i got the idea of using 7 gram tsp's. but on the conversion chart stickied by evl2me. i am a little fuzzy how that chart applies to the hanna combo pen ph,ec,temp 98129. on these pens the conv. factor is chosen by you or me.I have read that .05 is the american version? in a few posted threads. i look at that chart posted and wonder should i have my meter set to .05 for the american version. Is the conv .05 used Most?

I need some help.I have a buddy here who says that using a salt water salution to flush your plants is ok> I say thats nuts can anyone tell me if they have heard of this.