What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

One for the newbs: cheap and simple hydro, but very effective

Dr. D

Veteran
Hey Ehonda thanks...glad u like :joint:
Mosses i dont normally change the water i just top it up and keep an eye on things, obviously if root rot occured water wud be changed and bucket and lid cleaned and if not too far gone rotten roots removed, tho root rot has never been a problem for me...i change wen goin from veg to bloom..but i will be changing the res a couple of times on this grow...il update with some pics soon she is really taking off above and below...peace

Dr. D

Veteran
glad u like it mosess theres more to come...im gonna take pics now so expect an update soon...peace

Dr. D

Veteran
Hey Calcio, another satisfied customer :biglaugh: ....go for it mate they are too easy....i took some snaps last night but was way to drunk and stoned to upload then i got :abduct: they did strange things to me...anyway thats another story...heres the pics

comin along nicelyside shoots are poppin there heads out il super crop before i put em into flower then theyl shoot right up

roots are gettin down nicely since the last updat..the root juice is doin its job..i added some Cannazym too and they loved it...i only have one concern with the root juice which u will see in the next pic
the root juice seems to colonise on the roots that isnt rot it will wash straight off and the roots are lovely and healthy white under neath so for now i will observe and see how they go..the water will be changed for flower anyway and maybe just Cannazym after that(with nutes)il update angain wen she is under the 250hps..peace

Dank bud shot.... :D

G

Very Nice

Very Nice

Very useful info Dr.D. About to start my first hydro w/ rubbermaid tote. Due to my set up I will have to veg in a smaller container, do you see any problem w/ that? What is the air pump cycle? I Would appreciate any help. Peace.

Dr. D

Veteran
Hi Darthvedder as long as ur not veging for too long a smaller container shud work just fine...the roots just dont stop growing thru flower...my container is at minimum size IMO i may have to change it wen i go into flower cuz it may not fit in the flower room...more pics soon..

Dr. D

Veteran
here she is at day 9 of flower

and shes even bigger than that tonight :woohoo: she would be bigger given the fact that she had only plain water and canna-zym for the first 6 days of flower the roots really took off but above growth was slow the cf is at 11 now and will stay at that for the next few weeks ph is at 6

iv changed the bucket to one of the buckets from my waterfarm so it cud squeeze into the space i was sure i took a pic of the roots but i cant find it so il take one tomorrow they are lookin awesome and healthy canna-zym is great stuff :joint:

Dr. D

Veteran
for anyone interesed here she is at 22 days 12/12 and still gettin bigger

she is gonna yield very well by the looks of things she is really booming...

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking good, cant wait to do mine, probably wait till ya visit and then you can help.
Peace

Dr. D

Veteran
hey true thanks for stoppin by...i got a quick snap of the roots last night..lookin awesome

E.C is only at10 i just started addin top max bloom stim...hopefully shel stop stretching soon cuz she is trying to take over the flower cab, il update wenever :moon:

G

damn boy them there'is some ROOTS! Looking SO good hun... :bongsmi:

oh and, :DI see you met my bud Darth :friends:

mosess187

DR.D WHAT UP WITH YOU MAN, DAMN YOU WASNT BULLSHITING WHEN YOU WAS TALKING ABOUT THEM ROOTS!!!!!!!!.........I'M COMING UP ON HARVEST WITH MY FIRST EVER GROW....THANK YOU THANK YOU......NOT GOING TO BE ALL THAT HEAVY THOUGH BUT SOMETHING IS BETTER THAN NOTHING......THEY WERE BAGSEEDS ANYWAY!, BUT THREW THE REST OF THE YEAR I'M GOING TO TRY THIS BUBBLER, USING TWO PLANTS INSTEAD OF 10.......THANKS FOR THE INSPIRATION DR.D

Dr. D

Veteran
Leeroy thanks mate :joint:
Ms.Grat3ful thanks hun they gonna get bigger yet :D
Mosess glad u like it man keep me posted wen u make ur buckets
JungleJim
How ya gonna kick it?
:confused:

Il get a few pics to night i havent seen her for a few days iv been down in London with true and Marley, she shud be flowering up nicely....peace

Last edited:
B

BuzzBoy

I like your simple set up, I've got just about all I need to start one of my own, besides pH/TDS meter.. I'll be watching this one to see how things progress, I wish you all the best, Dr.D!

Dr. D

Veteran
Hi buzzboy thanks for stoppin in! a piece of advice go for a cf or E.C meter tds meters work out the e.c then give the tds reading from that so i think E.C is probly more accurate imo...i was gonna take some pics of her last night but didnt get time so il get em up tonight...peace

Dr. D

Veteran
yes EC stands for electrical conductivity cant remember wot cf is and TDS is total dissolved soilds...PPM parts per million