What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CO2 hash oil extraction? How to?

Ms_Weekend

Ive been hearing about CO2 hash extraction lately but cant find any threads....is it the same as butane extraction but with co2 instead? I heard liquid co2??

Any help, pointers, where to get the right co2 & equipment, or finished hash pictures would be AWESOME!

Thanks & Merry Christmas!:xmastree:

Zar^

See this http://www.edenlabs.org/supercritical_extraction.html

Needed for a supercrtitical co2 extraction

attachment.php

Another system.... ;-)

A bottle of co2 you remove the valve, you enter into the grass, then thread the valve again and bring it to you to fill it out, and with good ventilation then expel the gas directly into a cotton cloth, this would free cloth resin.

Sorry for my english :p

Greetings

Attachments

• extracteur_ph.gif
    extracteur_ph.gif
    72.4 KB · Views: 24

Zar^

Hi, see this animation for better understanding of their role...

click on image to view animation video

Namastè :smokeit:

johnnyla

Veteran
it's amazing product though. i was lucky enough to get some before they banned them at dispensarys in LA. it's as close to freebasing THC as you can get.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Wow, almost as bad as an Isomerizer. Just try making Quick ISO (qwiso) it's super easy and my yields are better than bubble bags, with better quality!

ha, I'm good on that! No matter how good that stuff is that looks like some stuff out of the ghostbusters movie.

but wow, I'd love to taste what that process makes.

I'm good with bubble. It's legal in california.

Spent all day tinkering with QWISO. I agree that it's great and probably has the edge on yield.

It's just much nicer for me dealing with only ice n water than razor blades n smelly alcohol.

The problem is the pressure required to get the CO2 to turn into liquid (which it will no do naturally). It is how they de- cafenenate coffee with CO2

Would be a lot safer though using a non flammable volitile gas instead of butane

Trichgnomes

I've never seen it done, or known anyone personally that has done it, but a few years ago I was sitting on about a half O headstash that lasted me an incredibly long time, I built up no tolerance, and it was most definitely the most potent extract I have ever consumed. I know it was made in the PNW, and it was called 'sugar hash,' but referred to as 'sugs' (pronounced shugz) by those lucky enough to procure some. I was not all that close to the source, and it was before I really knew anything about cannabis/resin science. I do know that it was made from multiple strains, and it was incredible. I have seen others comment on similar posts as mine, saying things like, "it was probably just BHO with dry sift mixed in." Well I know for a fact it was not, as I have smoked BHO since then and was not a fan, regardless of whether or not it was mixed with anything. I know there are some posters who have had the exact same thing as me, for their descriptions have been identical to how I would describe it: Brown Sugar that is slightly moist. Very granular in texture, i.e. the carboxylated ring has not been rupture, and the resin heads are entirely intact. If one has the equipment/ knowhow, it seems to be the best choice for extraction, IMO. Zero contaminants, no water soluble terps washed away, comparable yield (I presume) to BHO, without the potential long term repercussions.
(I do not mean to start a BHO war here, I am simply stating the obvious that this process has not been done for long enough, consumed long enough, nor has it been studied long enough to know for sure if it is harmful. I like to walk on this side of caution when it comes to what I put in my body, especially if I am smoking/vaping it. Most of you probably know that DDT used to be sprayed on residential neighborhoods, crowds of people while having picnics, soldiers, etc. My dad tells stories of when his doctor would tell him to have a cigarette, in order to calm his nerves. Cops pulling him and his friends over, each one with a beer in his hand and case a beer in the car. "Have a good night, boys." The point is what is deemed safe today may not be in 20 years. Who knows, maybe you are all completely right, and the butane is "purged," I am not trying to argue whether it is true or not, simply that there is not enough information to deem it true or false, just questionable.)

Your anecdotal evidence against BHO is almost as compelling as your implication that your fabled Brown Sugar had anything to do with CO2 extraction. You're better than BHO and better than its supporters so what you smoked must have been made with CO2, right? Maybe your dad has a story that can explain how we can improve our BHO.

Trichgnomes

Really Sam-

So did you create an account just so you could start shit with Sam, and then proceed to do the same with other members? I made, nor will I make claims stating I am better than anyone, why are you making such ridiculous accusations? I simply said I am wary of smoking something that could have harmful effects which we have yet to study in depth. To each his/her own. I could really care less if you believe me or not about the existence of CO2 extraction. As I stated before I did not make it, I was two steps away from the people that did.
The sarcasm/animosity is childish at best, and frankly unnecessary. This is suppose to be a place where like minded mature adults can share ideas and continue our quest in utilizing this plant we all love and care for, in any way we know how--not for bickering and condescension.

Really Sam-...[then some bullshit]
I saw one person talking out their ass and then saw another. Please go on to explain a situation in which the ring holding either the A or B carboxylic acid group could become ruptured. Maybe you meant the other ring. Maybe you meant becoming aromatized. But I suspect you were talking out of your and so does the always reliable jump. Rope a dope.

Trich,

I remember the Sugar fondly and love it to this day. I know the GIRLS that made it, they aren't around anymore or at least not doing that. No one ever could really figure out what they did to make it so special. The rumor was always steam, could be co2, who knows. It was incredible though and caused quite a sensation that summer a few years back when it was tearing through.

There was also the Caramel which was a off shoot of the sugar, a lesser grade extract they made that was also pretty great.

We used to smoke the sugar on hookah coals, dropping it down and just sucking it down with a straw, one hit got you to a place no vegetative matter ever can. why it kind of earned the name hippie heroin.

Trichgnomes

We used to smoke the sugar on hookah coals, dropping it down and just sucking it down with a straw, one hit got you to a place no vegetative matter ever can. why it kind of earned the name hippie heroin.

Word! That is exactly how my friends used to puff it, although I never had the hookah coals on hand so would usually just puff it through a tube or bub on a bed of ash or whatever.

Oh, jump & Really Sam , yes thanks for putting me in my place, I was completely stoned talking out of my ass in regards to the carboxylic acids-- I don't know what was going on molecularly, just trying to make the point that the glandular resin heads were fully in tact, as opposed to when one uses a solvent and they are dissolved into an oil. Some people prefer the former, some the latter, hence the constant battles on forums of which way is "best". Although it is my preference, I am simply stating an observation I made, not trying to persuade or challenge anyone else' opinion.

jump117

Veteran
Hi Trichgnomes, I was not going to put you anywhere, excuise me, I just looking for any new info about resin extracts dense.

Oh I definitely was, that was misinformation as glaring as when Hashmasta Kut claims that the lemon smelling highly volatile terpenoids in his oil are terpenophenolic compounds.
One tip i would like to mention right away is the temperature i recommend for purging is too hot for some strains, most notably very lemony smelling ones. their terpenes evaporate off at a lower temperature than some, so its best to keep the water just very warm as opposed to hot in these cases, and a bit longer more careful purge must be done in order to retain the maximum quantity of terpenophenolic compounds.
I wonder how the molecules are so volatile if they're heavy enough to have a whole phenol attached to a terpene? Kind of like a...cannabinoid.

jump117

Veteran
Hi Really Sam,

which part of them are said to be co-psychoactive,
does the said co-psychoactivity substance volatilize together with the smell
or does it stay in extract having high boiling point?