What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

orient express

supahdupah

just wondering from were in yunnan your chinese yunnan orgin from, so many local diffrent varieties in around every city there..there is a strain around there with GIGANTIC seeds ....would be intresting to know if thats it..thx!

Peace!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
supahdupah said:
just wondering from were in yunnan your chinese yunnan orgin from, so many local diffrent varieties in around every city there..there is a strain around there with GIGANTIC seeds ....would be intresting to know if thats it..thx!

Peace!

Good day supahdupah, :smile:

Our chinese came from chinese emigrants working in Australia, they said seeds came from Yunnan. I have no idea of the concrete zone. Seeds are of medium sized and quite rounded like indicas.

Yunnan line we have working with is a very interesting indica dominant line: she grows robust and thick like indicas, she flowers fast, producing dense resinous flowers. Some yunnan plants show citric/spicy/incensey aromas, related to South Asian sativas.

I think Yunnan indicas are the connections between Hash plant Indicas and South Asian sativas. There was an interesting discussion about chinese yunnan indicas here:

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=80607&page=6&pp=15

You can find pics and more comments about chinese yunnan and orient express hybrid ( Vietnam black x Chinese Yunnan) here at ace seeds room.

We also received some seeds from Dali which are suposedly Yunnan sativas, should be interesting to try.

I sent you a private message but noticed you havent reached 50 posts to read it.

Thanks a lot for posting your experiences and pics, there's a huge lack of info about chinese local strains and your first hand info is very apreciated. :smile:

Best wishes.

dubi -ACE Seeds -

supahdupah

Hey dubi!

thk for info info about your yunnan line sounds nice.. and a really interesting discussion you linked there...i reaaly wanna try that chinese #6 and your hybrid looks really nice aswell !!

i´m glad that there exists seedbank like yours that cares about landraces!

I also belive that the strains in yunnan are natural sativa/indica crossings...

the province of yunnan is huge almost as big as thailand and borders to vietnam, laos,

in the south, and burma the hole borderline to the west, and tibet in up in the north

so i guess you can find all kinds of weird crossings...

To me.. it would be quite logical if it would lean more at the indica the higher up north

you go the higher altitudes of yunnan..

in the south it´s kind of a semi tropical climate and up north.. valleys with snowy mountain tops over 7000 meters

meters...the big seed variety from zhong dian was growing in a valley on 4000 meters altitude.. varieties growing around dali..around 2500

both of these places are just 200 kilometers from the highlands of burma.

hehe i got a treasure map to the zhong dian field from a chinese friend..

So if you got plans to go there or got connections in china i can mail it to you...just

want those genetics to get saved and cultivaded..if i got time and money i will go

there harvest time this year.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
supahdupah said:
Hey dubi!

thk for info info about your yunnan line sounds nice.. and a really interesting discussion you linked there...i reaaly wanna try that chinese #6 and your hybrid looks really nice aswell !!

i´m glad that there exists seedbank like yours that cares about landraces!

I also belive that the strains in yunnan are natural sativa/indica crossings...

the province of yunnan is huge almost as big as thailand and borders to vietnam, laos,

in the south, and burma the hole borderline to the west, and tibet in up in the north

so i guess you can find all kinds of weird crossings...

To me.. it would be quite logical if it would lean more at the indica the higher up north

you go the higher altitudes of yunnan..

in the south it´s kind of a semi tropical climate and up north.. valleys with snowy mountain tops over 7000 meters

meters...the big seed variety from zhong dian was growing in a valley on 4000 meters altitude.. varieties growing around dali..around 2500

both of these places are just 200 kilometers from the highlands of burma.

hehe i got a treasure map to the zhong dian field from a chinese friend..

So if you got plans to go there or got connections in china i can mail it to you...just

want those genetics to get saved and cultivaded..if i got time and money i will go

there harvest time this year.

High supahdupah, :)

I also believe there's a huge genetic diversity in Yunnan to be explored, you can find indica dominant lines like yunnan strain we have working with, which is probably a tamed hash plant population that escaped to wild and was slighty pollinated by other sativa populations.

Im sure you can find many different ind/sat variants there. As you said Yunnan province is huge and its people have had old connections with Burma and Thai tribes, exchanging all kind of goods, cannabis seeds for sure too.

China is not a very friendly country to explore for pot like could be Nepal or India, communist regime really controls foreigners, if they find you with ganja or hash it could be very problematic.

Im glad to hear you had good contacts there and that you found interesting zones to explore. Please, feel free to share all info you want, it's very apreciated.

dubi - ACE Seeds -

supahdupah

dubi said:
High supahdupah, :)

I also believe there's a huge genetic diversity in Yunnan to be explored, you can find indica dominant lines like yunnan strain we have working with, which is probably a tamed hash plant population that escaped to wild and was slighty pollinated by other sativa populations.

Im sure you can find many different ind/sat variants there. As you said Yunnan province is huge and its people have had old connections with Burma and Thai tribes, exchanging all kind of goods, cannabis seeds for sure too.

China is not a very friendly country to explore for pot like could be Nepal or India, communist regime really controls foreigners, if they find you with ganja or hash it could be very problematic.

Im glad to hear you had good contacts there and that you found interesting zones to explore. Please, feel free to share all info you want, it's very apreciated.

dubi - ACE Seeds -

High!

i also think you can find uniqe strains there, the landscape is dramaticly
changing in yunnan, just take dali for example, in 10 km the altitude goes f
from 1900-4000m and wild ganja growing alll over..so i guess you could find
highland and lowland yunnan strains.

Dali has a wild history, in the 9th the Bai tribe people
(sold me purple crazy shit claimed to be burmese)
ruled over the burmese highlands and dali then it was the end node of the "burmese road". In the 13th mongolese hordes of
kublai khantook over the power in dali.

One thing that worries me is that last time i was there a chinese friend told me they got geneics from amsterdam growing up in the mountains, i guess this is good the local stoners and western backpackers but not for us that wanna save landraces.

About the laws in china agains ganja is weird, 3 years ago i smoked open all the time..on public trains and buses..Almost no chinese people smoke, they dont have a tradition smoking it..my chinese (only real chinese stoner i met) friend got busted on a train but just payed them a small amount of money for it and he said tat they don´t care about ganja especially if you are a tourist.. but over 100 people vere executed in 2005 around dali for doing opium bisnuiss. The police have a lot ofrespect for forengners, a german guy l met in kun ming was busted for speeding intraffic, driving twice the speed limit, when they saw that he was´nt chinese, they just let him go....

Last edited:

supahdupah

in ali they are quite good in english if you compare to the of china..

dubi,how many seeds did you plant of your yunnan brfore getting a nice mother, father?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Good day supahdupah,

We received a small batch of chinese seeds years ago, i started with 20 plants, not a wide population but was lucky to find very nice parental plants.
Some plants were slighty hermie, they were avoided.

Male testing was harder part, i produced my first P2 Chinese Yunnan generation with a male i was not very happy with .... i had to test many chinese hybrids coming from other male to know what positive/negative traits were passing to offspring, then i had to re build again chinese line producing new p2 generation again with new male.

I have grown a few dozens of new P2 chinese line and it seems to be on the correct way. I think you can find good plants growing 20 seeds, of course, the more the better! Best wishes!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks supahdupah,

I love treasure maps! :smile:

Did you find any local cannabis strains grown for hash production or selected for 'sinsemilla' production? Any info would be greatly apreciated.

supahdupah

dubi said:
Thanks supahdupah,

I love treasure maps! :smile:

Did you find any local cannabis strains grown for hash production or selected for 'sinsemilla' production? Any info would be greatly apreciated.

Hehe me to..Makes me feel like a kid again.

The smoking culture in yunnan is quite new, came when backpackers started to ask for it.
Most of the weed/hash is of real bad quality, like they don´t know how to get the good quality.
But i know the genetics are there to select both for sensi and hash production.
I´seen varieties that i can´t imagen how they would get if they were sensi.
They have to learn from someone with knowledge to breed good shit. i´m not saying the chinese can´t breed but i think the don´t understand that they have to do that to get good quality since they don´t smoke it themself.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Orient Express 36 days 12/12

Orient Express 36 days 12/12

Here's a fine example of the short sized massive yielding Orient Express pheno.

Grown from seed in a 5.5 liter pot, only 3 weeks under 18/6 photoperiod.

Now 36 days flowering time (12/12).

Last edited:
amazing pics and plant dubi !!

it seems that the plant structure is indica whereas the bud structure is not that much...what an unique strain...

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
GroovySituation said:
amazing pics and plant dubi !!

it seems that the plant structure is indica whereas the bud structure is not that much...what an unique strain...

Thanks Groovy, :smile:

Many Orient Express plants grow very compact like a pure indica but their flowering is explosive sat/ind hybrid style.

Here's another one, she has been grown for less than 4 weeks, 39 days flowering time right now.

Last edited:

greenbeats

dubi said:
Here's a fine example of the short sized massive yielding Orient Express pheno.

Grown from seed in a 5.5 liter pot, only 3 weeks under 18/6 photoperiod.

Now 36 days flowering time (12/12).

Are you growing in coco or a soil? If soil, are you relying on your soil mix or are you giving the plant additives in the form of nutes? I'm just curious as to what you're feeding them. I get the feeling 100% organic with ACE, I could be wrong.

I'd like to know you're mix and how often you feed them (WATER-WATER-FEED) and what exactly you are giving them (if anything).

Looks very healthy and organic, top job mate! How is the high? Does it induce anxiety (only at a small %) or does it completely alleviate symptoms of anxiousness? I'm wondering for breeding purposes, I'm looking for strains to compliment Strawberry Cough and it's medicinal uses for anxiety. I think Orient Express would give the high a nice, cerebral boost. All while BX it back to SC several times to ensure the SC high dominates in the cross.

Thanks for sharing with us,
Green

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts