What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

back and leg pain

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Only YOU know your PAIN ...

Only YOU know your PAIN ...

I have pain associated with my Cancer and surgery. Most of my pain is manageable without opioids. However I had pain after surgery which I needed opiates for five days.

A friend of mine just had knee replacement surgery and needed opiates just to do his physical therapy.

Pain is personal. I don't need opiates at this point in time. I have found that Ibuprofen and a 60mg Indica Cookie gives me relief (also my friend with knee replacement) for my mild pain.

Good Luck to all in pain. For me my pain dictates how I manage my meds. Luckily my pain has lessened and Cannabis gives me the relief I need.

Peace

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Large doses of ibuprofen cannot be stressed enough. CBD doesn't seem to help my back problems, and THC not as much as the ibuprofen.

I pulled something then had many spasms and it was so debilitating for years, it was the worst no matter what the doctors believe, then had sciatica about as bad as it gets, and the arm and shoulder version of sciatica, on and off for years at a stretch. Several different nerves up and down, its a serious degenerative problem. After all this my solution for back nerve pain is to worry about overdosing on ibuprofen. And not aggravating the problem ever, sounds obvious but often there's no pain until hours after doing something bad, just from the inflammation.

The steroid shots aren't permanent or dramatically effective but for bad sciatica they're totally worth it. If you can get 1 or 3 without an expensive 3 nurse scene do it even if it just takes the edge off. 800 mg ibuprofen every 4 hours cured me for now. A smaller maintenance dose seems to keep the problem down to little reminders.

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
I have a fucked up back - a bad foot injury gave me a limp, and the limp has screwed my lower back. Some nights I can't sleep because I can't even shift position without my back screaming at me.

Opiates helped the initial injury, but I weaned myself off when I found it was getting to be too much fun.

Weed helps me "forget" about it, but then the buzz goes away & the pain returns.