What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

back and leg pain

EastCoast710

ok guys here it is.. me and 1 of my friends.. and 2 family members are all dealing with sciatica.. i had a surgery.. and it didnt do anything good for me. .

i have been growing for a bit.. but never any cbd shit.. i need cbd.. to try and see if i can beat this pain without the use of any CHEMICALS..

anyways..

anyone experience NERVE PAIN. and did any illegal drugs work to help you get through it..

i keep seeing studies for Shrooms, MDMA, MDA, Ketamine. all showing serious possibilities of curing if not treating many of the problems we face in todays world..

please if anyone has a way to get this pain to go away.. ill try anything.. im seeing a holistic doctor to see if he can do a checkup since my insurance doesnt cover that i pay out of pocket i figure.. 3-400 to maybe get some relief for life.. ill try it.

MedScientist

420giveaway
ok guys here it is.. me and 1 of my friends.. and 2 family members are all dealing with sciatica.. i had a surgery.. and it didnt do anything good for me. .

i have been growing for a bit.. but never any cbd shit.. i need cbd.. to try and see if i can beat this pain without the use of any CHEMICALS..

anyways..

anyone experience NERVE PAIN. and did any illegal drugs work to help you get through it..

i keep seeing studies for Shrooms, MDMA, MDA, Ketamine. all showing serious possibilities of curing if not treating many of the problems we face in todays world..

please if anyone has a way to get this pain to go away.. ill try anything.. im seeing a holistic doctor to see if he can do a checkup since my insurance doesnt cover that i pay out of pocket i figure.. 3-400 to maybe get some relief for life.. ill try it.

Hey EastCoast710!

I DO have a SIMPLE Alternative therapy (FREE) that RID me of over 10 years of Severe Pain and Fatigue (Fibromyalgia)... but thats not all! After COMPLETELY overcoming Pain and Fatigue for Myself, I became Curious if it would work for other people, or was I just one of those people that CREATED my own PROBLEMS?

Well, I discovered that this Technique worked for 99% of the people that I taught.... and have NOT found a Chronic Pain that couldnt be reduced and/or ELIMINATED 100%. I have taught MANY people to overcome Sciatica Pain almost instantly (couple minutes!) I have helped SOoOooOoooOooOOoo many people reduce/eliminate THEIR Pain that... I DONT REALLY BELIEVE in CHRONIC PAIN! Sure, when I was Suffering, I BELIEVED in Pain! But NOW, I BELIEVE that Chronic Pain is More of Less something we CREATE NOW, and relief comes when you QUIT PRODUCING IT!

In a Nutshell, I believe Chronic Pain is a function of the SubConscious Mind. Because, if you can do a simple free excersize, and it reduces or disappears instantly... WAS IT REAL TO BEGIN WITH?

If you are Serious about TRYING ANYTHING, start HERE!

http://fastereft.com/forums/topic/what-a-beautiful-loving-day/

Then, hit the HOME link and start finding YOUR BEAUTIFUL LOVING DAY/LIFE!

I have found that the ONLY thing that can prevent you from healing YOURSELF.... is OUR OWN CRITICAL MIND. So approach with an OPEN MIND!

Good Luck! YOU CAN CONQUER THIS!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Open mind and compressed nerves.....hmmmm.

There are exercises to help. Google it.

EastCoast710

been doing almost everything man.. researching DR john e Sarno.. and other stuff along the same lines as medscientist is suggesting.. the problem being is.. i injured my back.. had a surgery.. and the surgery made the pain way worse. like i can feel my back becoming inflammed and then i feel the pressure in my back.. and then i feel my leg get weak.. then the pain seeps in and if i dont find the correct position the bone spurs are literaly ripping my disc and pulling it into the nerves.. its a very fascinating diagnosis .. but who fucking knows.. ill try aNything

N

noyd666

well I have sciatica problems now, so I put up with it for awhile then went and had a tai- chi massage, fuk'n hurt but really worked for a few weeks and I can still feel the relief but it is coming back, but you had a back op so?

Cadfael

Pain free by Dr Egoscue. Easy stretching exercises that helped me a lot.

For my sciatica, lie flat on your back get an ottoman (furniture, not the Turk) and place one leg on it, creating a 90 degree angle --|__ leaving the other straight. Just lay theer for 10 minutes. Then switch sides.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
I wish it were that easy, Cadfael. It does help with minor flare-ups, but wont do anything for full blown attacks. The kind where the pain lasts for months at a time.

710 - How bad is it? Can you get out of bed without first lowering yourself to the floor? Do you have to twist and bend the rest of your body just to be able to walk? Does the pain make you grit your teeth with the slightest activation of your hip flexors and/or muscles of the lower back? Do you still manage to sleep every (or nearly every) night? Does it eat away at your will enough to become depressed and consider putting an end to it? How long does it last?

EastCoast710

I wish it were that easy, Cadfael. It does help with minor flare-ups, but wont do anything for full blown attacks. The kind where the pain lasts for months at a time.

710 - How bad is it? Can you get out of bed without first lowering yourself to the floor? Do you have to twist and bend the rest of your body just to be able to walk? Does the pain make you grit your teeth with the slightest activation of your hip flexors and/or muscles of the lower back? Do you still manage to sleep every (or nearly every) night? Does it eat away at your will enough to become depressed and consider putting an end to it? How long does it last?

its just mainly my back hurts all the time stuck at like a 5-7.. and then my leg will flare up to the point were i start to walk with a limp because of it.. involuntarily !., which then causes hip pain..

i have to wear like strechy clothes around my waste because any pressure and it hurts .. i feel femoral and sciatic nerve pain.. my nerve is almost completely encased in scar tissue..

trying a holistic doctor when my appt comes up. but fuck me man. i just need something that works on the inflammation . because i can tell that when im in pain.. that my back literally feels like its bulging out.. and it gets hard and very hot..

its just crazy to me.. like i even know some dudes who got cbd oil.. and it works.. but its soo hard to find around here.. i put an order into attitudeseedbank yesterday for 2 packs of cbd crew seeds.. and cbd seeds. lol fuck it ill get my own shit.

i just dont know how long i can go on with this shit.. im starting to become depressed.. i am not sleeping. maybe 2 hours a night.. i roll around trying to get comfortable because.. on my back.. my back hurts cauasing more nerve pain in my leg.. on my right side.. i cant because the right leg is the one affected and it hurts more.. lay on my left side and my right leg wakes me up all night because it falls asleep .. and sleeping on my stomach i feel like i wake up about every 10 miuntes for some reason too?

just gettign to the point were i told my doctor u need to send me to a therapist or something because im ready to just end this shit because no1 will help me with the pain.. pain meds umm they dont give out in my state basically anymore.. and lets see.. the only other option is heroin because in reality pills on the street are at 1mg-1$.. n within like 2 months your like at a retarded dose that isnt doing shit for the pain anyways.. making you over extend yoruself.. and hurt more the next day making me take more pills the next day because of pain levels not to get high . .lol.

but iuno i have some back patients telling me . just get the next surgery and pray it works.. and others saying do not get any other surgeries you will make it worse.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Sounds like you've got it pretty severely. I totally feel ya man. I don't like chemical meds anyhow, but getting them here takes an act of congress. Folks are paying $2-5 a mil on the black market around me.

Youre in a tough position. Scar tissue all around. I suppose they want to go in and cut away the scar tissue? And theyre probably telling you that its likely a 'band-aid' fix because the scar tissue will likely grow back?

I know a few people who benefited from the surgery, but their cases were nowhere near as severe as yours and mine. Actually, hearing them describe their pain made me think that they were really just puss-ing out. Ie. Discomfort for a few days after over exerting themselves.

I had turned to getting totally shitfaced every night so that I could pass out for a short time. That was not good on so many levels.

The only thing that ever helped me was yoga. Yup, I know that sounds like some hippy-dippy bullshit - but it was working. Kept me nearly pain free for 2 years.
I only stopped because I got injured at work. Wasn't long after that that the pains started to come back.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
Hey EastCoast710!

I DO have a SIMPLE Alternative therapy (FREE) that RID me of over 10 years of Severe Pain and Fatigue (Fibromyalgia)... but thats not all! After COMPLETELY overcoming Pain and Fatigue for Myself, I became Curious if it would work for other people, or was I just one of those people that CREATED my own PROBLEMS?

Well, I discovered that this Technique worked for 99% of the people that I taught.... and have NOT found a Chronic Pain that couldnt be reduced and/or ELIMINATED 100%. I have taught MANY people to overcome Sciatica Pain almost instantly (couple minutes!) I have helped SOoOooOoooOooOOoo many people reduce/eliminate THEIR Pain that... I DONT REALLY BELIEVE in CHRONIC PAIN! Sure, when I was Suffering, I BELIEVED in Pain! But NOW, I BELIEVE that Chronic Pain is More of Less something we CREATE NOW, and relief comes when you QUIT PRODUCING IT!

In a Nutshell, I believe Chronic Pain is a function of the SubConscious Mind. Because, if you can do a simple free excersize, and it reduces or disappears instantly... WAS IT REAL TO BEGIN WITH?

I have found that the ONLY thing that can prevent you from healing YOURSELF.... is OUR OWN CRITICAL MIND. So approach with an OPEN MIND!

Man tell me about it, i was is so much pain till i found this book(don't remember the name but i think the guys name was robert something), just reading the first 2 chapters cut my pain by 90%. once i realized it was all mental i am able to manage it better.
when i get stress i feel the pain start coming in...but i know what it is now and i woooosaaaa that shit away.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
its just mainly my back hurts all the time stuck at like a 5-7.. and then my leg will flare up to the point were i start to walk with a limp because of it.. involuntarily !., which then causes hip pain..

i have to wear like strechy clothes around my waste because any pressure and it hurts .. i feel femoral and sciatic nerve pain.. my nerve is almost completely encased in scar tissue..

trying a holistic doctor when my appt comes up. but fuck me man. i just need something that works on the inflammation . because i can tell that when im in pain.. that my back literally feels like its bulging out.. and it gets hard and very hot..

its just crazy to me.. like i even know some dudes who got cbd oil.. and it works.. but its soo hard to find around here.. i put an order into attitudeseedbank yesterday for 2 packs of cbd crew seeds.. and cbd seeds. lol fuck it ill get my own shit.

i just dont know how long i can go on with this shit.. im starting to become depressed.. i am not sleeping. maybe 2 hours a night.. i roll around trying to get comfortable because.. on my back.. my back hurts cauasing more nerve pain in my leg.. on my right side.. i cant because the right leg is the one affected and it hurts more.. lay on my left side and my right leg wakes me up all night because it falls asleep .. and sleeping on my stomach i feel like i wake up about every 10 miuntes for some reason too?

just gettign to the point were i told my doctor u need to send me to a therapist or something because im ready to just end this shit because no1 will help me with the pain.. pain meds umm they dont give out in my state basically anymore.. and lets see.. the only other option is heroin because in reality pills on the street are at 1mg-1$.. n within like 2 months your like at a retarded dose that isnt doing shit for the pain anyways.. making you over extend yoruself.. and hurt more the next day making me take more pills the next day because of pain levels not to get high . .lol.

but iuno i have some back patients telling me . just get the next surgery and pray it works.. and others saying do not get any other surgeries you will make it worse.

i know it sounds crazy i was in the same boat you are, magically one day my sciatica came back and i was like one of those guys in movies with thrown out backs. i couldn't stand up straight... nothing. i lived with this excruciating pain and limping and not sleeping and crying, yep i cried real tears for over 6 months. then i read this book...part of it, i had it open in a tab and then poof one day computer crash and i didn't save link...but anyway just knowing that pain is mental will start the process its sounding hella crazy i know but what you got to lose right?

http://www.amazon.com/Taking-Contro...dp/1572241268?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0

not 100% sure this is the book imma search my history and see what i find. but i think this is it, if not i'll fix my link later...lol not linklater...he's fine love his movies.

ok so that's not the book i was reading, i found it i guess i did save it on my computer.

http://ayurvedavignan.in/freeEbooks/Healing Back Pain.pdf
It's called healing back pain by John Sarno. like i said just reading the first couple of chapters started the releif process. i have'nt read the book i linked first. but you can try that one too.

Last edited:

EastCoast710

john sarno is smart ya i been looking into him. read it.. the problem being is he also says .. after a surgery you can end up with damage.. that damage can be real pain.. its not mental.. because honestly i can be in the best mood trying to go out and have fun. or in the worst mood the pain is identical.. my nerves are literally being strangled by scar tissue from this surgery.. u can see it in my MRI if your not even trained lol. its retarded.. the before surgery looks better then the AFTER?

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
I think a person would have to start reading expecting it to work. Im much too pessimistic to think that words on a page are going to alleviate my pain.

The yoga that I mentioned - I didn't start doing it because of the pain. I was doing it as part of a much larger exercise routine. The fact that it kept sciatic attacks at bay was just the bonus.

MedScientist

420giveaway
Hey EastCoast710!

It would be Very easy to Overlook what I am saying, because... Well, this stuff cant be real, I mean, if it was, why dont they teach this in school? Probably the same reason Cannabis is ILLEGAL? There is no money in a plant we can grow ourselves! NO MONEY in self-healing either!

I encourage anyone that has Chronic Pain to read my Thread posted above, as it details the process, and I explain more of the psychology around pain, even talk about some of my experiences with other EX-sufferers!

Best of ALL! When you LEARN to release your PAIN, it is GONE for good! This isnt just a "help me thru TODAY type of thing!"

I have been SCREAMING from the rooftops for 5 years, and those who listened, and TRIED IT, benefited!

Did I mention... you can do this FREE!

DAT

My husband has been suffering terribly from back and leg pain for the past month.
Sciatica.... from his lower back radiating down his leg.
When he sits the pain is excruciating, so he is constantly moving.
We have talked about and tried different ways to resolve his pain.
Massage , ibuprofen, a mix of high CBD (AC/DC) with a more psychoactive strain like AK-47 all takes the edge off... but it was only until we started you tubing hip misalignment and ways to realign and help back pain did we finally come to Yoga pose that i use in my weekly Yoga practice.
The vidoes we watched really opened our eyes to a lot of new moves and stretches... and let us see just how misaligned his hips were! So this one Yoga move is really helping. more then the weed and ibuprofen.H e is going to the Chiropractor tomorrow to get a hip ajustment, so hopefully that will make a big difference as well.

The Yoga move is easy if you want to try it.
its a Twist move.
Simply lie on your back on the floor, carpet or mat.
raise your knees up and have your feet flat on the ground.
Cross one leg over the other, just like if you were sitting cross legged in a chair.
Keeping your shoulder flat on the ground, drop your legs together , still crossed, to the ground.
Your entire body should be involved in the twist, take a deep breath and look over the opposite shoulder.
Remember to concentrate on your breathing ,long deep inhalations and long deep exhalation.
Stay in that position for a few minutes and then do the same move the opposite side.
I hope it gives you some relief.
I found this move in my Yoga DVD called Rodney Yee's Yoga for Beginners. Rodney and his wife Colleen and 2 20 minute Yoga routines and this particular pose is in Colleens routine.
Namaste!

G

I also suggest yoga AND pilates; you need to strengthen your core muscles too.
Take a look at yin or restorative yoga on youtube. Its long hold, low intensity stretching that gets the connective tissue/muscles to release in a much more gentle way. Good for the injured or advanced in age.

Releasing the glute medius, and the surrounding lateral rotators like the piriformis will help.
A tennis ball in a long sock/stocking put between the floor and your glute/hip will help you in the short term. You are basically releasing trigger points yourself.
Find that exquisite painful spot and hold your place/put weight on with the tennis ball. Come off it, but don't loose your place. Then go back in. You should be able to go deeper before eliciting the same amount of pain. Repeat 'til 50% change in that point and move onto the next one. A foam roller for the back is also a good first aide tool. Youtube foam roller for a general idea about how they work.

I'd suggest seeing a Myofascial Therapist, a massage therapist that is familiar with medical massage versus spa. A good Myofascial Therapist can help you A LOT. But at the end of the day they are going to suggest movement, stretching and strengthening to get yourself out of pain.

Google transdermal magnesium therapy. You can make the stuff yourself with Mag Chloride.

Take a look at the amazon comments for a product called "Calms" by Peter Gilhams. Its basically Mag Citrate. There are many companies that make the same thing, its just that one is easy to research. If you are working/hurting and you know you are going to feel it the next day, something like Calms will help tone down the muscles and nervous system enough to assist with a good nights sleep as well as muscle recovery.
I can't recommend it enough!

Lastly, swing over to earthclinic.com for a great read on Turmeric. You are looking specifically for golden milk.

Best of luck with a positive outcome.
PM me if you'd like some further perspective.
OC

Kozmo

Veteran
Much respect and my heart goes out to you. I stumbled across your thread and will keep you and yours in my prayers.
I personally get chiro work done. Message, and yoga. When I can keep this balanced along with an all plant based diet I feel like a million bucks. Old ways are hard to shed and it is hard to deny the norm.
Just what works for me. I will be around if you need to lean.

Much respect

EastCoast710

ya my surgeon told me i have to see someone with atleast 20-25 years experience because a new chiro or massage therapist could fuck me up worse.. its sad.. early 30s and i wont be doing anything i love anymore!

DAT

anyways..

My husband recently smoked a high CBD strain called AC/DC.
like one or 2 bong hits because it is a high CBD, you dont get much of a headrush, although it might be different for other people, im just talking from his experience.
He had been using it to kill the pain in the lower back and hip area. Classic Sciatica, where the pain shoots from the hip to the upper part of behind the knee.

If the AC/DC is mixed with a beer and some Tylenol or Advil, some relief is possible. Keep in mind, its just a temporary fix and not really that powerful.

If you really want to kill the pain, I would suggest drinking a beer and popping one or 2 Vicodin's or Oxycodone. But,its not recommended because it is giving into the Doctors and the pharmaceutical companies. Which I despise.
So please dont go that route.

He also tried going to the chiropractor. 2-3 times. He suggest, if you have never been to a chiropractor 2 -3 visits will cost you $150 if not more. If you have never been to the chiropractor before because it is costly, I highly recommend doing 1 or 2 bong hits before you go.

This will help you relax more and get in touch with your breathing better, like if you were going to take a YOGA class or meditation class.
This is important because you want to try be in sync with the chiropractor when he is cracking you. That way you get the most bang for you buck. But again, just like the AC/DC it was a temporary short lived pain relief experience. Nothing permanent folks.
I think it is fair to say, depending on how strong your tolerance to pain is and how severe your pain is nothing is going to really work. You just have to find a vehicle or a way to manage your pain.

Unless you can afford some kind of expensive surgery that could help.... but there is no guarantees there either.
Sometimes you just have to come to terms with the fact that pain lives within you until you die. The only way you will ever really kill it would be suicide, BUT i dont recommend that one either.

SO every day is a struggle, no matter what you do. You just gotta stay spiritually positive and dont let life beat you down no matter what the situation is. Keep you heads up, better days may be ahead. or not. lol:groupwave:

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
710 I feel ya ....been dealing w back problems for 20 years...opiates and massive amounts of anti inflammatory and muscle relaxers and back injections epidural steroids and pain killers and cortisone and on and on...
When I hit 44(3 years ago) all of a sudden my nerves got worse...fast...I'm old what can I say...

Been smoking herb since the early eighties...but never thought it could help my pain once it started...
Bout a year ago I started making canna butter...without decarboxylation...so essentially...I guess...I was extracting thc a into the butter...well...I eat a half cookie three times a day..and after one to two weeks my pain levels were relented drastically...sciatica--gone...
Now...as soon as I started eating the cookies I discontinued my medication which wasn't working at All at that point...(NOTE- I despise when people suggest getting off doctor prescribed meds-so that is not what I'm doing...relaying my experience)
After a couple months I stopped eating the butter to see what would happen...I made it about 70 hours and started the cookies again...seemed to tKe longer for pain to go away that time...but it did...I would estimate 80% reduced...
Now...I'm not saying thc a is the ticket....thc and cbd might work just as well...but if I ate recreational cookies three times a day I might as well go back to opiates!
Try it...if you in as much pain as I was..you don't have much to lose