What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best mix for migraine?

LoveBunny

Is there any one formula for migraine? Or is everyone different?

I have to be careful in how much i consume so I don't get one. I'd like to be able to do more so am looking for the best recipes, if you could say that.

Thank you.:peacock:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
sativas give me problems whenever i run into them. panic attacks etc. any couch-lock indica helps me out on the rare occasions that i get a migraine these days. turned out that my blood pressure was causing them...

Pl4nk

E numbers, Chocolate, dairy products, greasy foods also cause me alot of them. But its near impossible to avoid all that good stuff out stuff!!

bluntmassa

Hey guys ive been ggetting the since i was 5 atleast one or two a week.
They have severely limited me in life. And havent met a persin who gets them as bad as me.
When i was younger i was told they would pass when i hit 25. They havent.
I just woke up from 2 days in darkness rollin around in pain with cold- sweats vomiting every sip of water i consume.
Just wanted to see if there is anyone it there that gets migraines on this level.
When im getting a bad one its normally a in this order of events
My finger tips and thumbs go numb to the touch and tingly.
Then my eyesight goes with big fuzzy discs obstructin my view
Then i start slurin my words and become unable to string together simple sentenced.
Then the headache and pain start and i have to be in complere darkness at this point.
I ride it out and cant keep any sort of medication down since i vomit constantly.
Whenever i dont smoke cannabis i endup getting one. That day or the next.
Eat healthy, smoke healthy and drink lots of water is what works for me the most. Also dont eat Mcdonalds.. they always trigger them!
Did you ever try shrooms?? Word is they work great for migraines and completely stop cluster headaches for like a month and you can take a dose so small you don't really get high so I have heard. I have done a lot of shrooms in my life and it's pretty rare that I get a headache.

Worth a look at that's for sure. Weed don't do a damn thing for the mild headaches I get I would be surprised if it stopped a migraine.

Pl4nk

Whaaat ill look into it lol butni havent touched shrooms in a few years now im willing to try itclmao even if it dont work ill have a great time experimenting :D
And weed just makes them alot more bearable.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I ride it out and cant keep any sort of medication down since i vomit constantly.

i was just like you, had them since childhood. had them so bad my mom would take me to the emergency room for a shot & a little blue pill. (would not tell us what either of them were) found out there is a self-administered shot you can give yourself for them. you actually feel WORSE for about 30 minutes after taking the Imotrex injection, but soon (VERY soon!) after the 30 minute mark, one eye will pop open & you will say to yourself "fuck me twice! i think i am gonna survive this after all...:woohoo:" been there, done that. dozens of times.:tiphat:

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
I get clusters in the fall, this year I didn't so I'm optimistic that I won't be getting them next year either! Here's to hoping, I've skipped clusters a few other years too, only to have teh next year be brutal.

For me, fully finished sativa dom hybrids work best to stop/reverse an oncoming headache. If they are early or not cured, they can make the pain worse. From a rolling droning coming headache to instant eyeball stabbings. SSH & a [SSH x(abusive og x g13/hz)] were my go to's. Lemon and incense terps helped more than others to stop the headache from coming on.

If it hits full blown, sleep becomes the goal. Piney, musky, skunky indica to help me get that oooooo sooooo important 20min real nap.

Better than herb for me has been the following:
Diet - NO MORE CHINESE FOOD!!! Soda about every 6 months or so or not, fast food is only food on roadtrips, & I cut out pasta & pigs as major calorie sources. I eat kind of healthy now after changing my diet primarily to address the headaches.

Exercise - If I'm healthy & working out & hydrated & fed, I'm more likely to not get the cluster or if I do get the cluster, the frequency & duration of the hits is better.

Sleep - What started the cluster cycles for me was a job in my early 20's working 3rd shift. I HAVE to sleep on a real schedule during the fall or uh-oh. I try to sleep by 1 & wake up by 9.

Mental mindset - I take care of myself in the fall & I go to sleep confident that I've done what I could & that I won't wake up crying. If & when they hit, I tell myself it's just pain, it will pass & that I'm lucky to get them only in the fall and only for an hour or 2 at most.

If I'm in a cluster, I ONLY have caffeine to arrest the headache. No coffee after noonish. I keep a jug of weak coffee in the fridge to chug with a tylenol & asprin when I get hit. Water, water, water. Hot long showers. Rubbing my face & head on a dog lol. Ice packs on my head and face, hot water bottle or heating pad on my neck. I try as hard as I can after a cluster to get the day going like normal. If I just drone day to day, I''m more likely to stay in the cluster & it will be worse. The headaches will be more regular in the AM & I may even slip into a 2 a day cycle. No fun.

Lol, lemony churchy sativas to arrest my headaches, piney funky indicas to help me sleep through them.

mrS0ul

Meatball in Residence
Cluster Headaches

Cluster Headaches

What was supposed to be migraines turned out to be cluster headaches. A migraine is tolerable by comparison. A lot of folks are mis diagnosed this way.

The only relief ( no guarantee ) is a dab of capsasin .1 in the edge of the nostril. If mushrooms relieved these I would never be without. I am not aware at this time of any variety that gives relief but would grow a lifetime supply if there was one. One can hope.

Dr.'s general treatment is oxygen therapy and perhaps lithium. Yay!

A micro dose of methadone will turn the aptly named 'suicide headache' into moonbeams and butterflies as it dissolves away to perfect relief with zero side effects. No buzz or euphoria just a clear mind with no pain.

Good luck getting it. I wouldn't even try. Apparently America has a big pill problem. I knew modern American medicine was useless in this regard when the chief of neurology of George Washington spouted the same thing I had discovered in a simple Google search. Thankfully he was employing my services at the time and the diagnosis was pro bono. I would have had to pay thru the nose and jumped thru months of hoops to get in front of this guy's assistant for the same info.

Pl4nk

I get clusters in the fall, this year I didn't so I'm optimistic that I won't be getting them next year either! Here's to hoping, I've skipped clusters a few other years too, only to have teh next year be brutal.

For me, fully finished sativa dom hybrids work best to stop/reverse an oncoming headache. If they are early or not cured, they can make the pain worse. From a rolling droning coming headache to instant eyeball stabbings. SSH & a [SSH x(abusive og x g13/hz)] were my go to's. Lemon and incense terps helped more than others to stop the headache from coming on.

If it hits full blown, sleep becomes the goal. Piney, musky, skunky indica to help me get that oooooo sooooo important 20min real nap.

Better than herb for me has been the following:
Diet - NO MORE CHINESE FOOD!!! Soda about every 6 months or so or not, fast food is only food on roadtrips, & I cut out pasta & pigs as major calorie sources. I eat kind of healthy now after changing my diet primarily to address the headaches.

Exercise - If I'm healthy & working out & hydrated & fed, I'm more likely to not get the cluster or if I do get the cluster, the frequency & duration of the hits is better.

Sleep - What started the cluster cycles for me was a job in my early 20's working 3rd shift. I HAVE to sleep on a real schedule during the fall or uh-oh. I try to sleep by 1 & wake up by 9.

Mental mindset - I take care of myself in the fall & I go to sleep confident that I've done what I could & that I won't wake up crying. If & when they hit, I tell myself it's just pain, it will pass & that I'm lucky to get them only in the fall and only for an hour or 2 at most.

If I'm in a cluster, I ONLY have caffeine to arrest the headache. No coffee after noonish. I keep a jug of weak coffee in the fridge to chug with a tylenol & asprin when I get hit. Water, water, water. Hot long showers. Rubbing my face & head on a dog lol. Ice packs on my head and face, hot water bottle or heating pad on my neck. I try as hard as I can after a cluster to get the day going like normal. If I just drone day to day, I''m more likely to stay in the cluster & it will be worse. The headaches will be more regular in the AM & I may even slip into a 2 a day cycle. No fun.

Lol, lemony churchy sativas to arrest my headaches, piney funky indicas to help me sleep through them.
Hey barleta! Damn we must be long lost twins or some shit!
Everythin u mentioned applies to me, chinese food is a big no no!
I got a blood test a few times the ambulance had to come get me when id have a super bad one, they said i hsve sn extremely high wgite blood cell count,My 2 cents; myr body produces more white blood cells than red by a shit load, as if my body is trying to fight off an infection constantly
I also drink about 4x or more water than everyone else, i avoid fuzzy drink completely

Pl4nk

I know this sounds weird but ive had a few headaches where if caught early ebough, i can make them go away,
At first sign; ill take a pill, drink a shitload of water, avoid bright lights and stay calm and almost meditate as i smoke a heavy indica, if im really relaxed then sometimes go away before then get into full swing, best feeling ever.
Also PS4 xbox for prolonged times dont help.

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
I know this sounds weird but ive had a few headaches where if caught early ebough, i can make them go away,
At first sign; ill take a pill, drink a shitload of water, avoid bright lights and stay calm and almost meditate as i smoke a heavy indica, if im really relaxed then sometimes go away before then get into full swing, best feeling ever.
Also PS4 xbox for prolonged times dont help.
THIS & drinking water like you said in your last post. :)

I don't drink alcohol anymore, but I would get RIDICULOUS headaches when I was a drunk. Don't eat in AM cause I'm hungover, eat a big greasy lunch, start to feel tired & headachey at sundown, start drinking, get a sugar rush from alcohol & it's carrier, get a headache, get drunk with a migraine, rage out, pass out & repeat lol. Have to recco going easy on the alkie to everyone, but especially people with headache issues.

bluntmassa

Whaaat ill look into it lol butni havent touched shrooms in a few years now im willing to try itclmao even if it dont work ill have a great time experimenting :D
And weed just makes them alot more bearable.

Here is one video they used some parts of the documentary I seen but can't remember the name of it or if I seen it online. Lol

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Krs-bD3073w

I just love shrooms myself and they grow way quicker than weed but I like weed better.

Runt

They have severely limited me in life. And havent met a persin who gets them as bad as me.
I just woke up from 2 days in darkness rollin around in pain with cold- sweats vomiting every sip of water i consume.
Just wanted to see if there is anyone it there that gets migraines on this level.
Then i start slurin my words and become unable to string together simple sentenced.
Then the headache and pain start and i have to be in complere darkness at this point.
Eat healthy, smoke healthy and drink lots of water is what works for me the most. Also dont eat Mcdonalds.. they always trigger them!

I feel for you man, my whole fam suffers from migraines. Tried psilocybin? It´s now being tested for use in cluster headaches and seems to be very effective.

DontTellMyWife

I don't really have anything useful to add about a good mix, but I do know that not every migraine is the same. I've read support for sativas over indicas and the opposite as well. My wife suffers terribly, several per week. Sometimes they are on the right, sometimes the left, or both sides. And sometimes they are so complex, like the other night that she becomes literally paralyzed with pain and gives everybody a fright. I've recently acquired some critical cure seeds and hope to see if that is any help for her.

Pl4nk

Avoid pharmceutical poison that makes your body naturally worse at fighting things off, Eat healthy unprocessed food and juicing is awesome, i get less and less of them the longer i look after myself.

I knew I wasnt alone. I have been suffering from chronic daily migraine for 14 years now. Its not actually every single day, but more like 4 or 5 days a week. Between the 3 different neurologists, I have tried 47 different meds, none worked and many had very bad side effects. A couple rotted my teeth badly. Some others made me half impotent, lose a bunch of weight, made me tired and some just made me feel like shit. NONE were able to remotely help my migraines. Finally, the neurologist gave up and told me to try vitamin therapy. Finally, in the throws of a very bad migraine that required me going to the ER for a shot, a hippie ER doc told me to try cannabis. Because we are in a very unfriendly pot state, he couldn't prescribe it but did recommend I try it.
Fast forward 14 years and I still suffer but have found that IF I catch a migraine in the aura stage before the pain hits that a few hits of some well cured ghanni will stop it in its tracks. If I dont catch it in time, the pot does no good. Now I can make a joint last all day long and while I wont catch a buzz at all, I can stay out of pain all day long. It also would not hurt for you to look into taking 400 mgs of magnesium daily as it helps most people.

ChemCat

Is there any one formula for migraine? Or is everyone different?

I have to be careful in how much i consume so I don't get one. I'd like to be able to do more so am looking for the best recipes, if you could say that.

Thank you.:peacock:

Mr Nice Angel Heart done the trick for me, i didn't get 1 headache or migraine while i had my batch of that strain

CC