What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis Juicing

Just repost the recipe :p you can't edit until your 51st post hehe.

As for grannies on weed, I think any grandmother that studied some form of herbal healing has used it in the past.

I've seen older people smoke before, never really heard any recipies though, my gma makes a mean space cake though, does that count? haha

and since this is a new page, lemmi quote myself with my question :p

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ok, so I've been doing some research about this, I'm going to give it a go when I have plant material again.

The dosage seems to be about 6-30 leafs and the medical evidence so far seems compelling eventhough at some points debateable.

So my question to longer time users/juicers with chronic pain or similar ailments.

I've seen people say it's a bit sedative (which would be good IMO) while others say it isn't, so which is it?

I've seen people say it works well on your GI (especially reflux) which is crucial for me so that would be great, anyone any experience?

I've seen people say it works well for pain (from what I can tell, pretty heavy pain as well), is there any truth in that?

I've seen people say it works wonders for your respiratory tract, allowing easier breathing. Any truth in that?

Or is it pure placebo or not that effective at all :p

Someone is bound to know ^_^
[/FONT]

Last edited:

buzzmobile

Veteran
I came across this thread a couple of weeks ago. After Christmas my wife and I made a trip to town to find a NutriBullet juicer. We didn't find the Bullet, but we did buy the 900 Watt NutriNinja Professional. The price was $99, but we had a 20% discount coupon to bring it down. I was a bit skeptical regarding the juicer, but I gave it a whirl.
k2-_f6a4d4fd-39ee-4e18-80b6-9467e4126e47.v3.jpg

I started with about 30 fan leaves and stems folded up and placed into the 24 oz. cup. I added about 8 oz. of apple juice and gave the mixer about a 10second burst. Instant liquid! The machine made mincemeat of everything. I then opened the cup and added banana, strawberry, and topped it off with apple juice. Another 20 second burst and it was time to drink up. Great flavor and no aftertaste of Cannabis.

We're working on our second week of juicing and I have noticed no sedative effect. I feel the opposite. It seems like I have a subtle energy after consuming the juice.

Yesterday was our first vegetable concoction. Same process, different ingredients. Leaves and tomato juice to start. Then I added some broccoli and collard stems with a touch of sea salt, black pepper and Worcestershire sauce. The mix came out thicker than our fruit smoothies and it was full of chewy bits. It reminded me of a gazpacho flavor.

I'm dealing with a flare up of diverticulitis, and the smoothies have settled well in my gut. It's about time for our morning dose.

That's good news! :)

It obviously works inflammitory and the energy boost is, well, it could be fruit related as well. Lots of natural sugars etc. so that should pep you up a bit ;).

Good to know that it doesn't work sedative in 3 people already then, more info from others is ofcourse more then welcome!

I still wonder how it works on someone with chronic pain.

Oh and might it be a good idea for people to post Juice reports?
Like,

Strain used,
THC/CBD/Other Cannabinoid and info known about the strain if available,
Bud, flower or stem used,
Amount used,
Used for ailments A) B) C),
Works/doesn't work for Ailments A) B) C) and rated 1-5 (1 being worst 5 being best in effect)
Period of juicing.
Any other things someone wants to share.

It might be a little personal for some and they might not want to share their findings ofcourse but it might be helpful for people that want to get started with juicing and want to know if it has any effects on their ailments :)

MsLoyal

:biggrin: I think that's a fabulous idea TMS... There is currently over 30 strains in the garden, so we've just been juicing whatever but it would be very interesting to document the different effects according to the strain. In my previous post I was referring to smoking the flower rather than juice :laughing:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I came across this thread a couple of weeks ago. After Christmas my wife and I made a trip to town to find a NutriBullet juicer. We didn't find the Bullet, but we did buy the 900 Watt NutriNinja Professional. The price was $99, but we had a 20% discount coupon to bring it down. I was a bit skeptical regarding the juicer, but I gave it a whirl.
View Image

I started with about 30 fan leaves and stems folded up and placed into the 24 oz. cup. I added about 8 oz. of apple juice and gave the mixer about a 10second burst. Instant liquid! The machine made mincemeat of everything. I then opened the cup and added banana, strawberry, and topped it off with apple juice. Another 20 second burst and it was time to drink up. Great flavor and no aftertaste of Cannabis.

We're working on our second week of juicing and I have noticed no sedative effect. I feel the opposite. It seems like I have a subtle energy after consuming the juice.

Yesterday was our first vegetable concoction. Same process, different ingredients. Leaves and tomato juice to start. Then I added some broccoli and collard stems with a touch of sea salt, black pepper and Worcestershire sauce. The mix came out thicker than our fruit smoothies and it was full of chewy bits. It reminded me of a gazpacho flavor.

I'm dealing with a flare up of diverticulitis, and the smoothies have settled well in my gut. It's about time for our morning dose.

So does the ninja separate plant matter from juice or just masticate it all up into a slurry? do u do any separation of plant matter from juice using a strainer?
our juicer separates "pulp" out.... for the most part.

biggrin.gif
I think that's a fabulous idea TMS... There is currently over 30 strains in the garden, so we've just been juicing whatever but it would be very interesting to document the different effects according to the strain. In my previous post I was referring to smoking the flower rather than juice
laughing.gif

Yeah I think it would be a nice "control study" held online.
Like I said, some people have problems sharing these things but those that don't could write a strain report :)

Every strain is chemically/genetically different so there is bound to be difference in the long run!

I will, once I get to some juicing, do some strain reports from week 3, week 6, week 9 etc. and see whats gonna happen ^_^

So does the ninja separate plant matter from juice or just masticate it all up into a slurry? do u do any separation of plant matter from juice using a strainer?

I've seem people do both. If you're really making juice it should be masticated but, IMO, you will most likely not get EVERYTHING out of it.
I highly doubt it'll taste better with pulp though haha. Might taste great (or rather, you'll most likely taste very little) in a home made smoothie or even a milkshake though!
I personally never disliked the taste of weed though but the green taste might be kinda bleh lol.

buzzmobile

Veteran

The ninja masticates the ingredients into a slurry. No pulp is separated. 100% of the ingredients that are put in the cup come out of the cup. The more seconds of ninja-ing the finer the end product. I have never used a better blending/juicing device.

blastfrompast

Veteran
anyone ever test what is in the juice and at what ratio's?

THCA, CBDA, etc. etc.?

Doesn't seem like there would be much besides water, cholorphyll and mebbe some traces of goodies that come along for the ride (not water soluable remember)...

Now with fresh the trich's are still fragile that they will break open....(ever slapped a bud against ur hand and get the trich spray)...so some goodies will get squeezed out..

And before you have asked, yes i have tried juicing plants..never noticed anything really after 7 days, tho I am a really heavy edibles user so coulda been hard to tell...

worm~

Have any of you tried the GreenStar juicer? It uses twin gears to cold press liquid out leaving vegetable matter out. Its supposed to be great for wheatgrass. I wonder how it compares to a whole plant blend?
My cannabis Dr. recommended juicing as some of his patients have reported relief with it.
I haven't made the leap on a purchase as of yet though.
Glad to see a thread on this!

worm~

RastaThug

I am growing 3 plants and I plan on using at least one of them for fresh juice. Do I need to allow the plant to flower completely to get all of the cannabinoids from the plant? Or will a fresh juice from an immature plant still provide the full spectrum of cannabinoids?