What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MyDx personal analyser

JointOperation

not accurate enough for me.. waste of money and time.. it would be a decent tool . if u wana go seed hunting. like in GHS strain hunters.. u could actually get a reading on what plants are the best.. n get seed from those.. or clone em..

but other then that.. the results wont be accurate enough.. if theres no solvent.. its vaporizing.. which means its only going to read thc. and cbd. and a few other things IF THAT.. and since its like vaporizing.. its starting a chemical reaction and not going to be anywere accurate enough to make me wana grab one for anything but Phenohunting like Strain hunters type style shit

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
still, that would be good for an instant & portable result at the price they set for the device. but I'm not sure yet they can do it. I'd buy one once they start getting them out if I could find trusted people making positive reviews on them, and comparations with GC results.

JointOperation

ok first things first.. I actually was talking to a relative who works at a lab.. and was talking to him. about the my dx thing.. and he got on the website.. made a phonecall .. talked to a few different people for a few hours. and came to realize.. its just a SCAM.. nothing can actually tell you the results accurately.. the thing is a waste of money.. your better off buying a membership to a lab.. a few labs do packages for testing..

anyone that has one.. chime in.. prove me wrong so we can start using these things.. but honestly.. I would rather just pay someone to lab test it..

atleast with lab tests.. u can get EVERYTHING TESTED.. cannabinoids flavonoids terpenes ratios.. and bacteria and other pesticide tests to make sure its SAFE..

this thing can only tell you if its potent or not... and shit.. a BOWL PACK.. can do the same thing. and is much cheaper.

oldchuck

Veteran
Your friend works for a lab that makes big bucks testing Cannabis? Sort of a conflict of interests there.

I already paid for mine and I sure hope it's not a scam. But I knew there was that risk when I bought it. $200 is not big bucks if it is a dud. Just have to wait and see.

audiohi

Veteran
It's not available until December.

I paid $250. No big deal for me. Are you saying it won't work at all? It won't test cannabis, water, air quality, or other organic materials? I'm confused. How are you able to call the MYDX a scam? What information does your lab testing friend know that we don't?

oldchuck

Veteran
I just got this email from the MyDx people. Any thoughts?

Update to Contributors
View this email in your browser

MyDx Memo: Our Canna Sensors Are Tingling

As Spiderman's uncle said, "With great power, comes great responsibility." As we enter the 4th quarter and with December on the horizon, so is the delivery of your MyDx. The development of our first devices is nearing a renowned conclusion and you will soon have the great power of analyzing what you eat, drink and inhale.

It is our responsibility and goal to make your MyDx experience as seamless as possible, but we need everyone's help to ensure it. With the devices and beta testing rolling out, we have officially released our mobile app. You can now head to your app store, search "MyDx", create your account and get familiar with the interface.

On another exciting note, below is an image of our CannaDx Sensor that you will be receiving with your analyzer, unless you pre-ordered a different sensor that is!

But even more exciting than that is this image of the actual MyDx! This view of the device is where your sensor will be held. Getting excited? Good, you should be!

Don't worry if you receive your device without the sensor. You can expect to receive your device and sensor(s) in separate packages.

Data Analysis and Sensor Algorithm Development
Our current strain match software utilizes a proprietary algorithm that leverages Support Vector Machine (SVM) methodology. These are supervised learning models with associated learning algorithms that analyze data and recognize patterns, used for classification and regression analysis. With the Data that AZ Med (our partner testing lab) populates, the text documents are taken and input into a directory. The software processes the data in the text documents and passes it through the SVM algorithm. The algorithm predicts the strain based upon learned training sets and outputs the processed data identifying it's strain name. If no strain is found, the software will indicate an unidentified match.

Results
Based upon the current database (over 250 samples tested), and the current algorithm developed, we can identify and match strains with an accuracy of 90%. Meaning out of 100 samples that will be analyzed via a MyDx unit, 90 are accurately identified. As we continue to populate the database, we can continue conditioning and monitoring this accuracy. The many more samples we plan on testing before December will drive this number closer to 100% accuracy for strain match. We will reach this goal by by increasing the sample size and number of scans per sample.

MyDx Beta Q&A
What is the timing for MyDx Beta?
“Fat Boy” Prototype is already testing in San Diego.
MyDx Beta international shipping - December 2014
MyDx First Generation international shipping - March 2015
Why isn't MyDx Beta ready? (Why not ship “Fat Boy” Prototype now?)
Since there’s no precedence for chemical analyzers, we need to validate compatibility internationally to ensure a high quality product.
MyDx Beta First Contributors will give us crucial feedback to improve MyDx usability.
Because we want to ensure quality as we deliver to a larger set of First Contibutors, we need time to grow MyDx’s manufacturing in a disciplined fashion.
MyDx Beta will be available to the first 200 contributors who ordered on Indiegogo.
What does it mean to be in MyDx Beta?
MyDx Beta First Contributor’s get their device in the December of 2014.
The MyDx team will work with MyDx Beta First Contributor’s in an effort to ensure the quality of the first generation MyDx, which will starting shipping in the March 2015.
After any and all bugs are worked out, all of Beta devices will be upgraded to the next version at no cost. MyDx Beta Backers will additionally receive a 25% discount on MyDx products for 3 years.

We encourage you to stay tuned as this revolutionary technology is developed and delivered to your door step in December.

Curious about the progress of OrganaDx sensor? Stayed tuned for an update in our next Memo.
We hope you are as excited as we are and we will continue to keep everyone posted on our progress. Please feel free to reach out to us at info@cdxlife.com or 1.800.814.4550 with any questions or concerns you may have.

Thank you again for the support and we look forward to talking with you soon.

Warm regards,
The MyDx Team

Facebook

Twitter

Website

Copyright © 2014 CDx Life, All rights reserved.
You are on this list because you opted in to receive updates through our staff or one of our affiliates or you have pre-ordered one of our products.

Our mailing address is:
CDx Life
4225 Executive Square
Suite 600
La Jolla, CA 92037

audiohi

Veteran
I figured I'd add the pictures from that email as well. The app seems to be pretty well developed. Honestly, more then I expected. I hope they utilize all of the features included in it!

picture.php

picture.php

vapor

Veteran
I ordered one but missed the pre order so mine will be here in march....
I have been chatting with the company nice fellers....
here is a radio interview
http://www.cannainsider.com/daniel-yazbeck-cdx/

They say it will not be as precise as a big GCMS or hplc etc. So from what i understand they are letting the beta testers out very soon. And they are going to use the feedback over the next few months to tweek unit for the march release....

Pangea

Veteran
It sounds like its trying to match samples to pre existing database of strains, which sounds like the cannabinoid analysis would be based on pre existing averaged data from GC and LC methods.

I hope im wrong though...

vapor

Veteran
I think it is actually giving you a % of cannabanoids of terpenes aka chemical profile. via the sample you put in the sampler. so as you sample the plant as it grows you will see the % changing.

audiohi

Veteran
This is from a CDx Life email

Data Analysis and Sensor Algorithm Development
Our current strain match software utilizes a proprietary algorithm that leverages Support Vector Machine (SVM) methodology. These are supervised learning models with associated learning algorithms that analyze data and recognize patterns, used for classification and regression analysis. With the Data that AZ Med (our partner testing lab) populates, the text documents are taken and input into a directory. The software processes the data in the text documents and passes it through the SVM algorithm. The algorithm predicts the strain based upon learned training sets and outputs the processed data identifying it's strain name. If no strain is found, the software will indicate an unidentified match.

Results
Based upon the current database (over 250 samples tested), and the current algorithm developed, we can identify and match strains with an accuracy of 90%. Meaning out of 100 samples that will be analyzed via a MyDx unit, 90 are accurately identified. As we continue to populate the database, we can continue conditioning and monitoring this accuracy. The many more samples we plan on testing before December will drive this number closer to 100% accuracy for strain match. We will reach this goal by by increasing the sample size and number of scans per sample.

Here's an interview with the CEO

https://cdxlife.com/an-interview-of-daniel-yazbeck-ceo-of-cdx-by-cannainsider/

Last edited:

amannamedtruth

Veteran
LOL, you can't match strains simply by cannabinoid and terpene profile. I'd like to see this machine try to tell the diff. between Sour D and Headband.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Well, by reading that I get that they are behind on it.. and they just showed us sampling will cost more than anticipated, cause sensor life is under 6 months and every samples need the clean sample box to be contained in for testing. not so easy and cheap to use as they lead us to belive before.