What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Does it show up in a regular blood test?

mikesrozer

Hi,

I wonder if anyone knows, does marijuana show up in regular blood test that the doctor prescribes for loss of appetite. Or it shows only in specific drug test?
Thanks

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Yes but they have to ask for it.. In other words a doc has to say can you look for drugs in the system. It may be different in the USA your doctors may be able to just give you this test without your permission because of your fucked up laws but I don't see how this would be possible.. headband 707

supermanlives

Veteran
specific. i get my blood tested all the time. i would like to know my thc level tho . maybe i will ask doc next time lol actually got tested yesterday for op friday. i havent even noticed a drug section on my bloodwork paperwork. next time i will look closer. i had appetite issues back a bit myself. lots of fucked up meds, i believe one was from a female horse or some shit. smoke more weed problem solved.

S

SeaMaiden

I've never once had blood drawn for a THC or other drug test, it's always been urine. Urine trouble now!

Yo buddy.. I know advice here offers a lot. However, this is the final truth of the matter. (I work in hospital, not a janitor or buttwiper) ;)

There are a number of tests a medical doctor would do for a 37.5mg prescription of phentermine (for example). The basic test which NEEDS to be done is the sugar/hormone test. This will ONLY test your blood glucose, thyroid, and liver production after fasting at least 12 hours.

Phent/adipex has a suspect for abuse within it`s consumers. For this reason, a MD might want a chemical test to be done as well.. this WILL see the cannabis.

If the doc says he is only ordering a sugar test, all good, if he/she wants sugar AND chemical, dont smoke for 3-4 days. you will be clean...

Good luck, stay safe! ps, have to ever taken amphetamines? phent/adipex is a type of amphetamine.

ps, if you are NOT taking a CNS stimulant, no chem test will be conducted unless you ask for it.

Srry, I cant edit.. BTW, the MD`s don`t need to ask for a "DRUGS" screen. It`s called a chemical test...

"I would like to order a chemical test and a blood sugar test".. they wont say, We need to test you for DRUGS! it would defeat the purpose. lol...

Tronic

the above poster is spot on... unless you request or need the chemical test, it will not be included because the cost is prohibitive.

supermanlives

Veteran
my basic bloodwork sheet where they check off what they want . dont include anything the doc wouldnt prescribe drug wise. except a urine drug screen box to be checked.now to find out my thc levels lol

Drift13

How long would it take for the weed to clear from your system?
Depends on several factors. The amount you smoke. How often you smoke. You body type.
When I clean up twice a year for VA blood & urin workup I stop at least 8 weeks in advance of test. Doing it this way has worked for me for more than several years. Hoped this helped.

You shouldn't have to go more than 5 weeks and if you drink tons of water you can pass in a day or two my brother failed a piss test after not smoking for 3 weeks he took some stuff to help pass the test plus but two guys that worked with him are chronic and were smoking when they got the call to test they drank a gallon of water and both of them passed the water may not work as well with a blood test.

Cannabis (it`s compounds), store in the bodies fat. The fatter you are and the more you smoke, the longer it will take to test clean. When I was 250lbs, I could not test clean and I was not going to wait 6 months to find out how long it would take. I went 2 months without smoking and constantly had a positive result even after drinking a gallon of water and drinking those test-clean kits.

It`s all about how much fat is in your body and how well your body is functioning. I take Calcium D-Glucarate and i`m 178lbs, my body fat is about 5%. I don`t smoke for 1 week and drink water and creatine monohydrate before a blood or urine test, I always pass...

Blood tests are not as accurate for THC as urine. I drank a half-gallon of water, 2 hours prior to a saliva test, (which is like a blood test) and I was smoking hash 10 hours before the test, I passed. Drinking lots of water and rinsing with epsom salt right before a saliva test will trick it, blood test should be at the cutoff level after about a week for many people who are not obese and physically active.

I imagine anything which makes a person store fat and retain water (like a salty pizza 8 hours prior and nothing in between), will trick a blood test.

hotmama21

Is marijuana checked for when having a glucose test ?

Is marijuana checked for when having a glucose test ?

Im currently 28 weeks and 1 day. I am a former pot user. However, i stopped smoking when i reached my 5th month of pregnancy. i smoked earlier today to gain an appetite and im having my glucose test in the morning... will marijuana show in my blood work tomorrow?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
if you have insurance that you get through your job, DO NOT ask your Dr. to test you for THC levels. your insurance co. CAN & WILL access any test results. at my last job, they asked the Dr. to test me when i was having blood work done & the office workers did not tell me. it was by luck that i noticed the request for the test among the other tests as i was going down on the elevator. last time i went to THAT Dr....

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if you have insurance that you get through your job, DO NOT ask your Dr. to test you for THC levels. your insurance co. CAN & WILL access any test results. at my last job, they asked the Dr. to test me when i was having blood work done & the office workers did not tell me. it was by luck that i noticed the request for the test among the other tests as i was going down on the elevator. last time i went to THAT Dr....

Typically, they do not look for certain blood tests unless you are taking pain (narcotic) Rx.

I've had "spot" urine tests from my Dr. only because I'm taking low dose (6 yrs. same dose/strength) oxycodone. After urine sample, I divulged I ate edibles. Dr. appreciated my honesty. Some will really chastise you for imbibing and taking a narcotic....luckily, my Dr. was ok with it. To be on safe side, I only imbibe AFTER I see her for a week or two (I go in every 6 weeks), then cease using cannabis until AFTER the next appointment..

I can understand your anger for sure.

For diabetes, it's metabolic, blood sugar, AC1 (showing levels of glucose spanning a month)