What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Filtering out Chlorophyll?

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just made a new batch and thought that this picture might be of interest. The oil, water, and leaves were cooked for about 10 hours in a crockpot, the leaf material strained out and run through a potato ricer, then the oil/water combination was refrigerated for a couple of hours. The cake of oil on the top will just pop off, leaving the chlorophyll and other water-soluble material behind.

picture.php

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I water cure all weed before making oils,butters..about 3 water changes minimum.....yeehaw ...just made some coconut oil...

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
Thannks rives. I think I will do a blend.
First I will run the fan leaf,then use that coco finish material to add to the crock pot and infuse the stems I have been saving. Strain and filter that.
I like the idea that I use the whole plant.
And even when done I can still feed the worm bin with the left over fan leaves.

Latest posts

Latest posts