What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to create a collective in California

zenoonez

Veteran
The day you became a citizen to the USA, wether born a citizen or became one is the day you entered into an argement with the federal government that you wouldn't have guns when ILLEGAL drugs were present. That's a law they made and you agreed to oblige and the rec from your doc doesn't invalidate that agreement because your docs rec is for STATE law, not federal law because it's not a federal perscription. If it was a federal perscription you could have pot AND oxycontin AND guns.

Yep stupid federal laws = call your congressmen and congresswomen and bitch maybe something will change, like you know legalization.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
The day you became a citizen of the USA, whether born a citizen or became one is the day you entered into an argement with the federal government that you wouldn't have any guns when ILLEGAL drugs were present. That's a law they made and you agreed to oblige defacto and the rec from your doc doesn't invalidate that agreement because your docs rec is for STATE law, not federal law because it's not a federal perscription. If it was a federal perscription you could have pot AND oxycontin AND guns.

Weren't you just talking in another thread about how growers are charging too much...since it is now legal??
You can't just keep flip-flopping to your needs man--

richyrich

Out of the slime, finally.
Veteran
The day you became a citizen of the USA, whether born a citizen or became one is the day you entered into an argement with the federal government that you wouldn't have any guns when ILLEGAL drugs were present. That's a law they made and you agreed to oblige defacto and the rec from your doc doesn't invalidate that agreement because your docs rec is for STATE law, not federal law because it's not a federal perscription. If it was a federal perscription you could have pot AND oxycontin AND guns.

It was an IF statement at the end. ^^^

Solid answer on the reality of it Blue Dot.

Thanks for explaining that for everyone's benefit.

ICMag1

If plan to grow on behalf of other patients, would it be wise for you to form a collective before making official arrangements with them? Can you send in the Master Collective Agreement with only YOU on board, but with plans of acquiring new members?

I would write my own rules of the road, and agreements, among all members of the collective non-profit, before having an attorney do a read-though, for comments, and only accept new members in phases, as the grow dispensary is carefully, and cautiously, increasing capacity.

With each addition of phases of patients, two things should occur:

a lower price to each patient.

a responsible corresponding increase in wages, benefits, to working members/operators

Danknuggler

I keep seeing the 45 day moratoriums but when I go to ASA website and see the list of cities and counties that have bans and moratoriums in place its the same ones that have been listerd for a long time now as if the list isnt being updated.My city has a moratorium but was wondering if maybe it has expired.

Just checked we have an all out ban here.
Santa Clara County, where I live, from what i know, has a ban on store-front dispensaries; there are maybe 8-10 MMJ delivery services. Pricing is probably 20-25% higher than Karma Growers. Santa Cruz, San Francisco, and Alameda Counties have dispensaries

johnnyla

Veteran
this lawyer guy lookin for more work?

of course he is looking for more work. he wants $2500 for doing nothing "just in case you get in trouble." this is the same retainer fee you will pay if you get charged with a crime. paying up front like some kind of "insurance" policy is dumb in my opinion. you are hiding behind a false sense of security . your lawyer cannot keep you from being arrested or charged. they can only help you after the fact. you don't pay your lawyer $2500 in case you get a DUI in the future. you pay him the retainer when you get a DUI.

but hey, if it makes you feel better spending $2500 and having someone file the $45 filing fee and walking you through the non profit corp paperwork then go for it if you have $2500k laying around. many charge $5-$10,000. I know 2 people who spent 10k to file for paperwork for a collective in SD right b4 the raid. oops. one opened and shut down and the other never opened.

i had a lawyer who was asking $5,000. LAND SHARKS. BUYER BEWARE.

Thanks for the thread FreedomFighter!!!! A lot of great comments. Too tired to say any more right now. :joint::joint:

B

Blue Dot

of course he is looking for more work. he wants $2500 for doing nothing "just in case you get in trouble." this is the same retainer fee you will pay if you get charged with a crime. paying up front like some kind of "insurance" policy is dumb in my opinion. you are hiding behind a false sense of security .

but he also told him that $2500 retainer and he'll walk no matter what, never any jail time,

I'd love to see when the gavel comes down and the judge says "guilty" and then you try to tell the judge that your lawyer "guaranteed" that you would walk. lol

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
I'd love to see when the gavel comes down and the judge says "guilty" and then you try to tell the judge that your lawyer "guaranteed" that you would walk. lol

Makes ya cum in your pants, huh??
I should go to bed...before I get banned or something tonight-- lol

johnnyla

Veteran
this thread has rocked let's not let it turn into a shit slinging fight. there are plenty of other threads for that!!!

night ya'all!!

A few of us are starting to kick around what the model grow dispensary might look like.

100 member, very ill, financially limited, patients

30 days 50 being dispensed (100 oz.)
30 days 50 being harvested
28 days 50 four weeks into flowering
28 days 50 just going into flowering
21 days 50 just into vegging
?? in cloning

@ $100/oz $10,000/mo. $120,000/yr.

Vespatian

Senior, what do you calculate your initial start-up and monthly hard costs to be? I have an idea, but am curious what you are anticipating.

Senior, what do you calculate your initial start-up and monthly hard costs to be? I have an idea, but am curious what you are anticipating.
those are yet to be determined; we'll be shaking the trees for those costs dependent on county, rates, and whatever arrangements can be made regarding hardware, water, and power.