What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NYCD Plant rapidly dying 40 days into flower

kuaikuaide

Hi guys,

I have a NYCD (supposedly Soma's cut) plant that I vegged for 3+ months in some organic super soil and have been flowering for the past 40 days. All of my previous grows have been hydro, this is my first soil grow apart from my mother plants. A few weeks ago I started seeing some yellowing leaves, specifically between the veins so I added some more calmag to try and reduce it. More very yellow leaves started showing, looking more like n deficiency than mag deficiency so I added some more veg nutes. This did not slow the yellowing. Initially most of the yellow leaves were around the middle of the plant but now there are many right at the canopy. There is a very slight amount of nute burn on some of the leaf tips, but the ones that are yellow weren't nute burned. Also some of the leaves have a bit of purpling on them, both the yellow and healthy leaves. Water/feed is Ph'd to 6.5-7 and runoff is generally in the low 6's. I am not sure what is causing this. The leaves seem to yellow overnight, right after I water or feed the plants. She has a few roots sticking out the bottom of her pot but I don't want to transplant her 40 days into flower, especially since she has a trellis net. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Images
Image of purpling I couldn't get a good photo because the grow lights appear purplle on camera, the lleaves are not that purple. It is just the bits inbetween the veins that are purple, mostly the leaves through the middle of the picture. I can try and get a better picture of the purpling if you think it is important.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Reminds me of a phosphorus deficiency. Purpling can also be genetic, but that second photo you linked totally reminds me of phosphorus.

kuaikuaide

Hmm potentially. I normally see bluish colors and browning around the edges of p deficient leaves, though I have been very light on flowering nutes with this plant so it is totally possible. Thanks!

kuaikuaide

Oh yes, it has an incredible grapefruit and kinda limey smell, it is really unique and nice. I got it from a friend who said it was Soma's cut and so far it seems like that.

igrowone

Veteran
+3 months of vegging is a lot of vegging
gotta think that didn't help, plants still look reasonably good
nearly 6 weeks of flower can get the fans browning up

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Did you up pot it prior to putting into bloom or keep it in the same pot you vegged it in?

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Give them some epsom salt and molasses and replenish calmag... probably got leached out by now.

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Hi guys,

I have a NYCD (supposedly Soma's cut) plant that I vegged for 3+ months in some organic super soil and have been flowering for the past 40 days. All of my previous grows have been hydro, this is my first soil grow apart from my mother plants. A few weeks ago I started seeing some yellowing leaves, specifically between the veins so I added some more calmag to try and reduce it. More very yellow leaves started showing, looking more like n deficiency than mag deficiency so I added some more veg nutes. This did not slow the yellowing. Initially most of the yellow leaves were around the middle of the plant but now there are many right at the canopy. There is a very slight amount of nute burn on some of the leaf tips, but the ones that are yellow weren't nute burned. Also some of the leaves have a bit of purpling on them, both the yellow and healthy leaves. Water/feed is Ph'd to 6.5-7 and runoff is generally in the low 6's. I am not sure what is causing this. The leaves seem to yellow overnight, right after I water or feed the plants. She has a few roots sticking out the bottom of her pot but I don't want to transplant her 40 days into flower, especially since she has a trellis net. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
You should make your pH higher for a soil/organic grow. If your nutrients/water are over 7.0 pH, leave it at that, and don't pH it downwards.

Low pH will lock out mobile nutrients Phosphorus, Potassium and Nitrogen.

You should check the EC or PPM of the runoff as well as the pH. If it is very high, there are too many nutrients in the soil. If they're low, the plant is just hungry.

If so, a single high end dose of GROW food should help the plant out a lot. The higher nitrogen at this stage really pushes development towards flowering. (Nitrogen is for growth. If you use more nitrogen during vegging you just get bigger plants, not bigger flowers.)

After that, food higher in K for the stems/branches/budding and Ca, Si (silica is the stuff resin is made of), S (sulphur stimulates terpene production in many plants, including weed), and trace elements (mostly non-mobile nutrients that become part of the cell structure - more cell growth, more non-mobile nutrients are required) for general cell growth. And throughout it's lifecycle, cannabis likes having a little magnesium to spare. Mg keeps the leaves green and phototropic.

K, Si, S, are also closely related to plant health. K makes for stronger crops with bigger stems/branches, Silica strengthens the cells against insect attack and fungal growth, and Sulphur confuses and misdirects insects.

So these nutrients also lead to lower insect and disease pressure.

Last edited: