What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Season 2018

Canna-bill

Looking great Nup! Some of mine took a battering the other night too but as you said they will recover in no time. Over the years ive had huge plants that get split in half down the stem after strong winds, they look like they could never revover but ive tied and taped them together and they do just fine. Growing cannabis plants is no bother here in Ireland, its getting them through flower is where the challenge is!

Next season try some of the Canadian genetics, they work very well in our climate. Also frisian dew from dutch passion is a good bet for us.

The plants you have in the bed, i would advise topping them all now and try go for a low and wide bush rather than a tall xmas tree shape cause the winds in sept/oct will break fkn heart!

Nup

Nothing is a as resilient as a canna plant in veg alright, thanks for the words Canna-bill.

Did just that today - they're all FIM'd! Maybe even bending them ober to envourage more branching could work well....

Thanks for the input on Canadian strains, never thought of it but it makes a lot of sense.

Nup

One of the potted male WCW's is already spitting out pollen, make me think that maybe its root bound and has semi auto traits?

Nup

Well VonBudí!

Semi auto could be handy too with a shorter season.

I'v not been able to get to the plants since the last update, and probably won't do so till early august. I'll be sure to throw up a proper update when I do.

That said, the autos in the pots and the plants in the swamp-tubes were already wilting pretty bad with 10 days of no watering, so with the drought I'd say its fairly certain they're all kaput! The autos were flowing and with all the sun they'd have given some killer bud.

Harder to say with the raised bed, they're either monsters or all dead, hah! Cheers :tiphat:

Canna-bill

Fuckin hell man i hope they are all ok! Typical isnt it, its either pissing rain or like the sahara. A couple of my autos are well into flower now, one i managed too get into a big pot the other is in a fairly small pot but its doing well. Ive got a few Black Domina vegging outside with the intention of flowering them indoors but i might leave the seed plants out and bring some clones in. They are loving the sun.

Stay safe man.

Nup

Haha yep, can't have it in the sweet spot!
Glad to hear that about the autos, with a bit of water they must be very nice.
Left out a black domino cross to revel once! Nearly made it to the end of October.
They get much bigger then I'd expected in the sun! The big HID in the sky!, as someone once said.
Thanks, you too.

superx

Veteran
How ya keeping my good man?

Back to the typical bollox of weather.....

Will you hash the crop?

Nup

Hey suprex! Welcome!

Yep the drizzel is back...

Hash the crop? Like actually make some hash? I'm not sure how much i'll get tbh.

I'll thow up some photos and thoughts in the next new posts, let me know if'd be worth it.

Nup

The Auto

The Auto

Hey all, finally some updates.

The autos were on pots, and i didnt expect them to survive. But they have! (woo!)

They're miserable and thirsty. All things considered they're doing well.

Gave them a big feed of a generic flowering nutrient mix.

attachment.php

Here is NL, looking... alive. Smelling a bit like incense and spicy. But not very strong.

attachment.php

NL flower close up.

attachment.php

PExp smells super, really didnt think it would! Smells like a kids pineapple fruit juice!

attachment.php

Its also got a very symmetrical growth pattern. (sorry for the poor photo).

I gave them a flowering mix of 15:10:15 (NPK), I hope they'll finish OK. Also i think i'll throw some zamaldelical pollen on one of the PExp flowers.

Attachments

• TUOG3006.jpg
    TUOG3006.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_8282.jpg
    IMG_8282.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_8280.jpg
    IMG_8280.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_8279.jpg
    IMG_8279.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 80

Nup

Bangi Haze

Bangi Haze

Really impressed with these.
Two phenos it seems. One is bushier and has thinner leaves, and is flowering nicely.

The other is taller and has fatter leaves, a very x-mas shaped plant.

attachment.php

The groupies.

attachment.php

Bushy Bangi, its flowering and seems to have been doing so for a while. Looking like its really well suited

to this climate. I should have taken cuttings, any of ye know a fool-proof way of getting clones from flowering plants?

attachment.php

The thin leaf variant also has beautiful pink flowers. It has a strong smell of a tropical fruit juice.

attachment.php

The taller plant seems like its still stretching, and doesn't smell as strong - yet.

They both seem to be nitrogen hungry, but i'll let them ride it out. maybe pee on them, hah.

Attachments

• IMG_8271.jpg
    IMG_8271.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_8273.jpg
    IMG_8273.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_8274.jpg
    IMG_8274.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_82677.jpg
    IMG_82677.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 78

Nup

West Cork Wonder

West Cork Wonder

West cork wonder are happy enough, kinda small in the swamp tubes. But they're flowering and are strong. They don't smell too strong, They're real strength and advantages will probably be seen towards the later days of flowering.

attachment.php

attachment.php

This one is flowering well. I think ill give it a feed of some nutrients.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_8275.jpg
    IMG_8275.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_8276.jpg
    IMG_8276.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_8262.jpg
    IMG_8262.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_8268.jpg
    IMG_8268.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

Nup

Swiss Cheese

Swiss Cheese

Forgot to take photos of the two plants. May go back in a couple of days.

The raised bed plant is much happier then the tube one. Although neither are obviously flowering yet...
They also seem to have double serrated leaves.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_8263.jpg
    IMG_8263.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_8272.jpg
    IMG_8272.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

Nup

Weathers turned shite again. Lots of wind and rain.

I'v added a good few stakes for support. No more surprise storms will ruin this guerilla grow!

Also: The bushy bangi and a wcw have a nice string black pepper smell to them now, mad how it keeps changing.

Pollinated some flowers of the Pineapple auto, NL auto, and WCW's with some pollen from a male zamaldelica. It was dried then frozen, but i'm not certain if its viable. We'll see.

Stay safe.

Nup

Some Updates: Autos

Some Updates: Autos

The Autos have been harvested!

First to go was NL, an OK plant, no real interesting smell, yield was a bit low (20g, ~15L pot). Some budrot too ~7%. Smokes smooth, gives mad munchies, ok weed if you ask me.

PX was more interesting great smell off it, fruity with a turpentine kick to it. Good yeild (42g, ~20L pot). Next to no budrot, Looking forward to smoking it, ill say a word on that when it happens.

NL

attachment.php

NL

attachment.php

PX
attachment.php

Also tried to make some hash, hard to press it and keep it together. I'll be trying again. (ffs side ways pictures)

Attachments

• IMG_9771.jpg
    IMG_9771.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_9751.jpg
    IMG_9751.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_9750.jpg
    IMG_9750.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 78

Nup

West Cork Wonder

West Cork Wonder

These plants are hard to get a feel for, all of the ones in the swamp pots are fairly miserable, so i don't think it has been a good indicator of what they're like.

The plants are maturing fast at this point, starting to frost up, but only one is getting decently fat and one of them has yet to start flowering at all, though it huge.

Fattest plant is at the bottom of this group shot, and the tallest plant at the back to the right.

attachment.php

Fattest WCW (in raised bed)

attachment.php

Tube WCW still small buds
attachment.php

Tube2 WCW still small buds, also has some seeds on it?
attachment.php

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 80
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 82
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 77

Nup

Bangi Haze

Bangi Haze

The taller plant had a broken branch and the stem began to rot, so most of the plant began to die. Chopped it off and it began to recover. Not flowering though.

The bushy plant is a star, big fluffy buds, maturing well, no signs of budrot, smells of pink peppercorn.

Tall plant's stem
attachment.php

Tall plant full view

attachment.php

Bushy Plant Buds 1.5 weeks ago
attachment.php

Bushy Plant today #1
attachment.php

Bushy Plant today #2

attachment.php

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 76
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_9745.jpg
    IMG_9745.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_9764.jpg
    IMG_9764.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_9744.jpg
    IMG_9744.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 76

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
You rocking this shit Nup! Sorry to hear about the one with stem rot. Loving the purple on that Bangi Haze too!

Nup

Swiss Cheese

Swiss Cheese

Man these plants are disappointing, the ones in the raised bed are pretty big, but they've failed to produce anything. Barely any signs of sex on 2/4.

Here's some shots of one in the swam tubes. The tube arguably let it down, but its showing sex finally so... a photo!

You can see the pictures of the other SC in the group photo. One is tall and to the middle, while the other is smaller and towards the front, to the left somewhat. Behind the flowering WCW.

Plant

attachment.php

Balls?

attachment.php

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 79
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 74

Latest posts