What's new

Households to be charged for refusing smart electricity meters.

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
Published in the sbp few weeks back, just remembered it now.
Online version is behind a paywall.
My camera is crap, hence split up article,sorry.
Happy new year to all

TLDR=
1) a fine if you dont have a smart meter installed
2) 80% of homes to have meters by 2020
3)pay more at peak times
4) no more meter maids or estimates
5) can be disconnected remotely
6) "households will be given access to a digital file of their electricity use"
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

S

sourpuss

Haha 5pm to7pm? Lies all of it. Will be daytime to 7pm. All fuckin day. They will rape your bill. Cant stop it. Gotta roll with the punchs..

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oi, that's the name of the game here in Kanata. Some will pay the charge but support dwindles over time and people slowly fold.

We need to increase the burden on taxpayers to subsidize the cheap power we ship over the border.

Yay for BC

mowood3479

Veteran
I'll keep paying as long as I can until they force a smart meter on me... N then I'll prob try to run a generator or something. Im morally opposed to smart meters...
What's so smart about them? The pitch from the power co. Was Ull know how much elec. ur using, and when ur using it. I said I already know that thanks, I'll pay the fee to opt out

mowood3479

Veteran
Then they installed one anyway when I wasn't home so I called them up and told em I was gonna rip it off my house and destroy it unless they put the old meter back on that day...
Anyway I got my old meter back that day

Last edited:

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The company hired to install the smart meters here did the same shit. Wait for you to leave and swap out. Led to a lot of people building cages or hanging signs.

cloneX

They can go fuck themselves no radio active meters here that includes water meters
NO WAY WE WON@T PAY TWICE

DemonTrich

Veteran
They did that to me, snuck into my back yard and installed their shit. Told the guy to back the fuck away from my house before I unleash my bull mastiff on them. They just finished and took off. I called the power company and they laughed at me, said it's too late to go back to old style.

usda101

This pisses me off . I had mine for a week and didn't know it , Asses reached over my gate Dog Barking the whole time i'm sure .