What's new

outsidegrowers gureilla soil mix

outsidegrower

Premium user
Veteran
had really great luck with this last year. and will be using it on all my plants this year. makes a very tasty smooth smoke. i know there might be better recipes out there but this one easy. so here it is.

one gallon high quallity potting soil

2 tablespoons gurney's tomato food. (its a slow release fet thats made of a verity of natural ingredents)

half cup lime

1 tablespoon liquid humate

4 oz nuptunes harvast fish/seaweed blend

mix dry ingredents, then add liquids to quart of water, add to dry ingredents and mix well.

dig a 3-4 gallon hole add 1 gallon of mix to the bottom top off with potting soil.

one more note, this will get them through half the season. I add 2 more table spoons tomato food worked into the soil around the base, then one oz of humate and 4 oz of nuptunes in two gallons of water per plant

festerous

Veteran
What about the other 20+ gallon of space an outdoor plant needs?

Not all outdoor locations offer piss poor soil.

More than a few first time gardener's have achieved bumper crops by merely working the soil and adding a bit of lime. Site selection is almost everything.

outsidegrower

Premium user
Veteran
Not all outdoor locations offer piss poor soil.

More than a few first time gardener's have achieved bumper crops by merely working the soil and adding a bit of lime. Site selection is almost everything.

you'd cry tears of joy if you had my soil. I have corn fields that yeild well over 200 bushells an acre. I use to take a skid loader and skim off a bucket off top soil. to cover bucket of manure compost thats a 2 square yard of compost/dirt 400 gallons. you want to see some huge plants that stick out like crazy. i stop that for that reason before some wandering hunter turned me in. be kind of hard to explain why there's skidloader tracks, huge piles of dirt with big pot plants on each one suported by a steal fence stake. 4 gallon holes in the ground in much stealthier and safer don't ya think?

tommy1984

I guess Im just use to the rocky clay I have to grow in, It takes about 2-3 hours with a pick to waller out a hole big enough to grow in..

Latest posts

Latest posts