What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Not too strong marijuana

Jhhnn

Veteran
I didn't really know where to post this, but here seems as good a place as any. Old stoners obviously have more experience, particularly those who've kept in the scene while I haven't.

As Colorado has loosened up, more people are wanting & willing to toke up in social situations. I'd like to oblige. The problem, as I see it, is that much of modern marijuana is very potent, unsuitable for light tokers. It's hard to regulate the dose to something they'll find enjoyable.

I want to grow something to serve the purposes of being a very minor goodwill ambassador in that regard. Something with warmth, kindness, energy & sociability, something where novices & returning tokers won't be completely wrecked after a couple of tokes but with a high enough ceiling that smoking a little more will satisfy the more experienced. A day brightener, if you will.

Smooth smoke with good taste & smell are always a plus, obviously.

I'm considering Mandala's Rishi Kush, and would appreciate other suggestions.

Thanks!

b8man

Veteran
Honestly, you can't go wrong with Mandala seeds - very worth giving a go to any of their strains - the high descriptions on their website are very accurate.

I'd also recommend sweet tooth from spice of life as a strain which fits your requirements (and tastes amazing) and if you can find it, Apollo 11 is a very good social strain. None of them stupify you or are prone to negative side effects like paranoia.

Good luck with the search

Easy7

Veteran
Any seed under $50, probably ain't to potent. I found bubba kush to be fairly mild and highly sociable. Hindu kush might e worth a try too.

Jackberry, cross of Jack Herer & DJ Shorts blueberry.
Good daytime smoke, no heavy couchlock and everyone in thew family
really likes it.
Cheers

edit: I guess posting a breeders website address is against the rules. Google Jackberry. Breeder sounds like Cannies:woohoo:

FouRtwizzle

I know someone with a cut of GDP that tests at 6% THC and 6% CBD.

I never get high from this strain unless I blend it with something with a higher THC percentage.

Also check out Snow Goddess by 303 seeds
There is a pheno that tested around 5% CBD and 4% THC

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
Any seed under $50, probably ain't to potent. I found bubba kush to be fairly mild and highly sociable. Hindu kush might e worth a try too.

dude do you even smoke weed, or are you just a sitting in your parents house...some of the things you say on this board are so ridiculous..Bubba Kush mild? any seed under $50 not potent?

really do you grow at all?? i bet you don't

just so you are aware....the best seeds(genetics) whatever you want to call it..I ever had were for FREE ...as in someone homemade cross....seriously why do you even bother...keep dreaming lil boy

ps..sorry if this comes off as rude...but this guy is a real joker

peace
Chefboy

Jhhnn

Veteran
I know someone with a cut of GDP that tests at 6% THC and 6% CBD.

I never get high from this strain unless I blend it with something with a higher THC percentage.

Also check out Snow Goddess by 303 seeds
There is a pheno that tested around 5% CBD and 4% THC

I want something with a little punch to it, just not something where light tokers will regret a second hit... or a third, maybe.

Easy7

Veteran
dude do you even smoke weed, or are you just a sitting in your parents house...some of the things you say on this board are so ridiculous..Bubba Kush mild? any seed under $50 not potent?

really do you grow at all?? i bet you don't

just so you are aware....the best seeds(genetics) whatever you want to call it..I ever had were for FREE ...as in someone homemade cross....seriously why do you even bother...keep dreaming lil boy

ps..sorry if this comes off as rude...but this guy is a real joker

peace
Chefboy

Yes I am a joker, you granola. I don't need to smoke cannabis anymore. I used to smoke and wro as much as I could.. Bubba is mild, all true kush plants are mild.:blowbubbles:

I reallyu want to avoid going to prison and being stuck with a douche like you!!!

Jhhnn

Veteran
Honestly, you can't go wrong with Mandala seeds - very worth giving a go to any of their strains - the high descriptions on their website are very accurate.

I'd also recommend sweet tooth from spice of life as a strain which fits your requirements (and tastes amazing) and if you can find it, Apollo 11 is a very good social strain. None of them stupify you or are prone to negative side effects like paranoia.

Good luck with the search

Thank you for that- I'll investigate your recommendations. From all over the net, I get the impression that Mandala seeds are a good value & that their descriptions are pretty accurate. I'll know in a few months, as I have a pack of Satori, plan to start it when my second run of autoflowers is near over. $55 for a 10 pack.

Just starting back up after many years, I was curious about autoflowers & it seems like a good way to establish some stash.

Well, that's if my spouse doesn't smoke it faster than I can grow it. Funny what you learn when when you return to cannabis...

Easy7

Veteran
A THCV indica or a higher CBD strain doesn't have the same 'high'. They both block some effects of THC. I think satori looks potent, in my own point of view.

b8man

Veteran
Satori is a great strain - one of the best IMHO. Good luck with the grow.

G

I think Mandala #1 would fit your needs. It is a very euphoric, up kind of strain that makes you feel happy, yet not gonna be uncomfortable unless you just over do it with too many heavy hits. Anything worth smoking in the first place will bring on paranoia if you smoke too much at once. In addition, the high doesn't last extremely long time so even if you do cross the line, it won't be but maybe a 1/2 hour at the most.

KS

Jhhnn

Veteran
A THCV indica or a higher CBD strain doesn't have the same 'high'. They both block some effects of THC. I think satori looks potent, in my own point of view.

Yeh, I picked Satori because it looked potent to me, too. That was before I realized that I wanted something to share in light toker social settings. It's probably not what I want for that purpose, at all. Smoke that experienced heads describe in ecstatic terms is clearly too potent to have the desired effect.

I don't want to blow anybody's mind, I want them to come away from the experience having had a good time, having enjoyed it entirely... a controlled high. The more people who smoke, the more it'll be accepted, and progress towards total legalization will be served. I think that's the goal, right?

I hope that makes sense...

ThePizzaMan

Veteran
Checkout some Granddaddy Purple. Nice taste...warm high...but potent enough if you smoke enough to get you really high if you want to.

And yeah...everybody's body chemistry is different. The price and breeder of the seeds has nothing to do with how high you will get. Especially if your tolerance is super low...one hit can get you pretty high.

You could also start moderating your tokes. Take one hit...and wait for 30 minutes....see how you feel.

either way..hope you find what you are looking for.

TpM

FouRtwizzle

I think you need a strain that tests at around 10% THC and trace amounts of CBD & CBN.

I bet there is a GDP pheno out there that would fit the bill.

Easy7

Veteran
Good ol afghan, that is an easy smoke. Deep chunk looks promising as well. CBD takes the edge off of THC and THCV actually blocks THC. THCV being an antagonist and antagonist blocking agonists. There is nothing boring about a strain lacking THC, I love the narcotic CBD!!!

Easy7

Veteran
Maple leaf indica, that sounds like a pleasant smoke as well. Forgot to mention that, but don't grow it illegally. I don't mean to give illegal advice.

Agaricus

You could also start moderating your tokes. Take one hit...and wait for 30 minutes....see how you feel.
TpM
Good advice but with a bunch of friends sitting around shootin' the shit the strong stuff can still get out of hand if you just keep hittin' it when it comes around. More fun when folks are giggling instead of drooling.
:party:
I concur on sweet tooth. Haven't tried Mandala #1 yet but it's had such good press that I'm growing it this year.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
These are mostly indica doms but Grandaddy Purple, Maple Leaf Indica, SAD from Sweetseeds, Skunk #1 or Afghani #1 from Seedsman both around 30 bucks for a pack.

The Skunk would be the cheapest with a mellow, brightening effect. The others are a tad more sedating maybe.

Latest posts

Latest posts