What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis Rosin(solventless hashoil)

G

yo comphashon
i just wrote some stuff about vaporizer effects in the KICC thread. i reackon it has to do with the different points of absorbtion that smoke and vapour have ( lungs and mouth/throat respectively)and their concurrent pathways to the brain?

comphashon

hey merecer...you know it!!!i cant be without it these daze!!!

yo 247red...from my current research...i think the ti spoon bubbler gets me higher overall cause of volume of consomption...in a shorter peroid of time!!!but i do agree that some kinds get you through your lungs...others your mouth and throat!!!....the rosin always makes my saliva glands go into overdrive...no dry mouth at all!!!

a few new shots for ya all...
thanks
c

R

richardwilliams

roisinonymous

roisinonymous

so what percent of rosin is in rosin?

Rosin is also known as colophony or colophonia resina from its origin in Colophon, an ancient Ionic city. It is the resinous constituent of the oleo-resin exuded by various species of pine, known in commerce as crude turpentine. The separation of the oleo-resin into the essential oil-spirit of turpentine and common rosin is effected by distillation in large copper stills. The essential oil is carried off at a temperature of between 100° and 160° C, leaving fluid rosin, which is run off through a tap at the bottom of the still, and purified by passing through straining wadding. Rosin varies in color, according to the age of the tree from whence the turpentine is drawn and the amount of heat applied in distillation, from an opaque almost pitchy black substance through grades of brown and yellow to an almost perfectly transparent colorless glassy mass. The commercial grades are numerous, ranging by letters from A, the darkest, to N, extra pale, superior to which are W, window glass, and WW, water white varieties, the latter having about three times the value of the common qualities.
On a large scale, it is treated by destructive distillation for the production of rosin spirit, pinoline and rosin oil. The last enters into the composition of some of the solid lubricating greases, and is also used as an adulterant of other oils.

Delta9-THC

from the mists and the shadows .... there you wil
Veteran
I still dont get the difference... RESIN=ROSIN ...major differences please?
Peace

C

Chamba

you are a master hasher Comphashon!

I wonder if the process could automated and improved with two heated steel concave plates or bowls that move in opposite directions with the hash inbetween?

what's the next step? ..heating, condensing and collection?

comphashon

well this site is takin off hey!!!....hey richard....you and your #s!!!and thanks for the info....cannabis rosin is quite different but as it is a extract of resin i think it is a good name!!!and i find it exiting that we need to produce way too much good quality cannabis to make this kind of product more available!!!

hey THC...rosin is from resin...and if you make some....you will understand!!!!

acidfire ...sorry i havnt been around...and thanks!!!

chamba...hey bro i love the idea!!!i will look into it!!thanks!!!

thanks shroomy!!!

i second green machine!!!!...if you got em...post em!!!
i'll have to add a few more soon as well!!!

cmg...you can have a bot ...give me a call!!!

and just to add a few things....i have found that it is way better(and easier)with fresh dry sift...or gummyer hash to begin with...not that it cant work with older and drier material...it just takes a bit more doin...that being said...if you take the temp up or down a bit it may help the extraction....as well.... i have found that the rosin produced from water hash has less hashy flaver...and always is a black or dark color...looks almost like an opiate...that being said it is always a stronger product that the hash it comes from....and kicks me in the ass!!!...like i said i will get a few more photos up soon....
thanks
c

R

richardwilliams

the resin maestro

the resin maestro

imsmokin a hash joint with deep chunk congo and sissor hash so its nice to see comphashon has the time to maintain his thread, i was just jokin with the rosin reference as i know it is not related to pine resin, in fact folks i can vouch for comphashon as a guy with good intentions and has a light touch with the trichomes, now if only i could grow 5600 ponds of weed to make my own batch of rosin!!!
cheers, richard jr.

comphashon

hey dont be such a richard!!!....lol

i love that congo man!!!!nothin vapes as tastie as it!!!!sweet citrus....fruit of the godesses!!!!cant wait to see more!!!!...and as far as maintaining my thread....i told my assistant to work on it for me....lol...all the hash is gone and no posts!!!hey i cant maintain my hair so....

you dont need to grow that much to make rosin ....but im in when you are!!!!i would love to have a pound of the is shit!!!!i make it as needed...a little at a time...and it goes a long way!!! ah clean heady rosin!!!!!
c

G

what is the point of even doing this
all you seem to be doing is melting hash, letting it cool, then using it. it's as if you are melting it for no reason. i dont get this at alllllllll

Lmwfy

he is leaving nothing but the best of the best behind shibby, and then scraping it up, which is why is has that uber-bubbly mellt structure....

comphashon

hey rot...some stuff is gummy....some stuff if a light fluffy powder...it is not something i do to make it such...it just comes out that way...i think that it is a genetic thing....

L....the amount i use will very depending on the return....if im starting with hash that has no melt whatsoever....then it will take alot to produce very little...but if it has a small surface bubble(not full melt[not even close to clear dome])it will produce about 15-33% return from your starting product!!!!

shibby....as L said....i am not sayin this is for everyone....just people who want to have the most high end THC product they can!!!....as i have said in the past....i do not use firsts for this process....i use hash that does not melt...to get a small amount of non solvent based pure THC oil....ROSIN!!!!...if you try you will see there is a major differance from the hash to the rosin!!!!at least 22% increase in THC......but to each there own!...

the hash that is left over is still a good product....for my friends to whom i give it to....and they never complain!!!!!
anyhow....have a great weekend....and happy spring!!!!!
thanks!
c

comphashon

well i have been busy rosinating again!!!!

i thought i would give you all a few shots....

all the products from the first few pics are the same....the kif...the pressed kif...the rosin from the hash...and the hash that made the rosin!!!

note how they do not melt the same at all!!!!...the kif was nice, as is the hash...but the rosin will fog you up!!!!!

and i just wanted to thank all who have tried and enjoyed! as in the 50th monkey i hope we all will be smokin FMCD someday in the future!!!!
c