What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"My newest creation" 3 rooms 4200w recirculating deep water culture:)

G

Ive only found 'payed attention to detail' growrooms a few times.

This is one.

Excellent.

:joint:

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Well once its running full speed ahead perpetually which will be after the first crop.I have to get a crop off asap and while its growing/flowering i will be getting the mothers together and clones vegging to start the perpetual.

After that i am planning to harvest 6 plants per month each plant yeilding 6-10oz!

Nuggy

awesome setup blaze - can you detail your co2 and intake setup a lil more?

What temps do you keep the room at, and I'm guessing that your intakes only pump in fresh air when temps rise above whatever you set it at?

Just wondering how hot the room gets and how often you have to pump in fresh air in there to keep the temps right.

thanks

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Ok well as we all know right now its winter time.Very easy to cool 1000w lights in cool tubes with fresh winter air.

My system is hooked up like this.I have a 747cfm vortex blower pulling air from a window blowing directly through the cool tubes and out of the room.I have the intake and exhaust fans all hook to the atmospheric controller which is set up to kick on at 84f and cool the room to 78f and then kick back off.It was changed to 84f and 78f i originally was planing 76-82 but thats to low of temps to maximize co2 usage.So i raised it a little more may end up with 80f-86f but i want to see how the plants respond to 78-84f first.Then i will try 80-86f whichever they respond to best is where it stays.

One thing i did is i put the 747cfm vortex on a speed controller which makes it easy for me to adjust the the adjust the cooling level.What i mean by this is i can keep the 1k watt lights cooler which increases the time between vent cycles.The slower i adjust the speed on the 747 the quicker the room will heat up to optimal temps.And the faster i have the speed the quicker it will cool the room back down.This is helpful because it allows me to control how many vent cycles i get..

Nuggy

Thanks blaze - very helpful indeed.
Which controller you running?

I estimated $2k to upgrade my room - need new hoods/inlines/ducting/controller etc - guess I was right.

Do you run an A/C in the summer or how do you cool it?

I'm toying around with a heat exchanger right now but don't like that it sucks up so much water, about 5 gallons a minute!

GeZys

blazeoneup, how does your recirculating dwc work? I've seen a couple of other recirculating systems that have some type of top feed, yours doesn't. Can you shed some insight and explain some differences? Thanks.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Im actually hoping i will be able to keep it cool enough during the summer with a 5kbtu and in this size room with the cool tubes that should do the job just fine...

J

James-Bong

Very clean setup...... Quick suggestion though if you are open to it..... Most fires are started around electrical equipment..... id move your fire extinguisher......So, (god forbid) a fire would break out around ur power source you would be able to reach your extinguisher safely.....

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Lmao thats 1 of 3 extinguishers is there for looks just to remind people to keep em around.

I have one at the entrance to the basement and 2 in the basment thanks for the warning but i am better prepared than that.I put entirely to much time and thoughts into this op to miss something or lose a op and get popped because i did not keep enough extinguishers around to put out a fire that may accur.

I have plenty of faith in the setup being safe and not to worried about a fire breaking out honestly.I do have 3 extinguishers all together just in case cant never be to prepaired...

Last edited:

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
I know appreciate it but i just thought i'd let you know i have it under control!

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
A cheap air 3 controller.I was going to get the C.A.P. Xtreme Greenhouse Controller XGC-1 for a 900$ but i decided not to just get the cheap one cause i am planning to switch this over to computer controlled so i can get some graphs to store and allow me to do more test help me keep everything optimal and fine tune things...

So thats the next upgrade is computer controlled grow!

Nuggy

Everything looks AWESOME bro - the entire thing just looks so well put together, nice and pro style.

For the cooltubes that you have - those lights are going to be vert like that, that close together to each other? Just looks weird to me the angle the pic's at and cant really tell how it's gonna hit the girls.

I have already placed my order for my equipment.
4 Cool Suns - $800
2 6" vortex for the lights - $470
1 8" vortex rm exhaust - $300
Ducting & Y's and Flanges - $100
CAP PPM-1c - $440
CAP Air 2 - $150
CO2 reg - $150
Tank $100
Total - $2,360 + tx and s&h $2,650
Hope it's worth it.

Thanks for all your input and views blaze

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Well they way i am going to trail the girls it works perfect all i can really say is wait till the room is full and plants growing i'll take plenty more shots.The best thing i can say is they are close but they are dead center of the room.Last time i ran the 2 1k's by themselfs and they done great this time i added another 2 400w mh lights on rails.