What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

you never seen someone so useless

U

useless.gardens

Useless.gardens
Do you put seed straight in those or do you towel them then place them in ? Been curiuos of them plugs

I only put a seed in a towel if the towel is truly high quality. I used low-quality towel once and it actually turned the seedlings to mush via what I suspect is contamination by bad microbes or fungus or bacteria.

I use the peat products because they have perfect pH for cracking seed. And I only use them for germinating seeds.

I'll use something like root riots only for cuttings and never for seed... I usually keep all my mother's backed up with domes, trays, and root riots in case something happens ...even if I have to throw them in the trash if there's no space to grow them out.

Generally, I really like an aero cloner and a dwc cloner for my cuttings.

I soak the seeds for 24 hours.

At the same time, I hydrate the pucks ...and when they raise up ...I hit them with a little bit of Great White mycos.

24 hours later I drop the seed down into it not too deep cover it up with a little peat and put it under a clamp lamp with a twisty bulb in it for heat.

That's it.

And this case I'm three for three with the Afghan Kush... And I got a cross made with Bay 11 called Unknown Kush (delicious seeds) in the other two pucks that I'm still waiting to see break the top.

I cracked Afghan Kush, which you didn't ask me about but want to offer, because it's the first seed I bought ages and ages and ages ago from Attitude Seed Bank.

My first ever see purchase was Afghan Kush, blue cheese, and Kaya 47.

Since this is my first seed crack in a while I figured I'd go back to my roots.

Even better, a thorough and very honorable member on the board got me lined up for cuts so it should be a good year !!!!!!!!!!!!

U

useless.gardens

what to do with that room you cant rehab right now?

4 tents down & one to go.
total of 5 tents.

retail therapy? unboxing therapy?

need a few things to tighten up the game... couple of filters , inline fans , ozone generator, and flex duct.

should be ready to rock out very very soon.

seedlings looking spiffy , clone station be set up in < than 2 days , & on the way to weed love in plant form.

picture.php

U

useless.gardens

i just couldn't resist.

soaking 5 @ (relentless) platinum fire og

stoked !

U

useless.gardens

transplanting some of the seedlings tomorrow.

clone closet set up today... still waiting on amazon to deliver the dwc cloner. but my areo cloner is ready to receive the goodies.

didnt buy a rack cause my house has all these unused closets... once i build the flower room in the basement, ill have 50 sq foot for veg space!!

flower room should be an 8 lamp set up in about 160 sq ft.

even though my state getting ready to go full recreational... still rocking out the biggest lab i can.

should start making seed by feb/early march.

stoked !

U

useless.gardens

Keep on keeping on...

Your grow is looking good from my view over here. :biggrin:

bless bro.

will they ever fix the double spacing you get from posting on icmag via firefox?

transplanted afghan kush. bought green solo cups for the ride.

dwc cloner gonna be here tomorrow. got a massive amazon warehouse few miles from my house. they deliver on sunday. so stoked there.

platinum fire og rising up out of peat pucks... so far 3 for 5.

desconocida kush (delicious seeds) 1 stand out & 1 somewhat runty.

getting ready to clean & test the aero cloner.

should have some elite cuts in < two weeks.
:woohoo:

this is a story.
a story about a boy who loved plants too much.

Last edited:

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I know you gotta be totally stoked to have some greenery going again! I’m moving my chair a few rows closer to get a better view of the show. :lurk:

U

useless.gardens

dont think about me just growing plants @ vanilla phoenix... remember last year this time i was sitting in a cell for plants all on a bogus warrant & lying affidavit.

you know im happy to be free & growing again !!!!! for sure my friend.

even better, the "informer" is getting ready to go down. got a warrant out for his arrest 2 fed charges & 6 state charges. looks like lying to the lying cops didnt pay off. payback is sweet. so sweet. my case looking super when the "star witness" got the state looking stupid. <3

most important, im in my own house living good. you should be happy for me just on that level.

plants + me = no brainer

the loss i suffered goes beyond time in jail.

looks like 5 for 5 on platinum fire og.

relentless one of my top 5 fav breeders of all time.

definitely absolutely hoping for a male to hit the afghan kush.

the beard maker is here :

Last edited:
U

useless.gardens

if you got it, and better than buying some seed or gear, help out DansBud's wife.

https://www.gofundme.com/daniel-fisher-and-family

i never met him but lurked on this forum for years before i joined & totally respected his growing skill, his canna insight, and super personality.

no lie, my flower room set up is to be modeled after Dan's. this is not something i just decided because of the circumstances. my new flower room was on my mind the entire time i sat in jail.

just deleted the PMs we (dan & i) exchanged cause they keep bringing a tear to my eye.

gone but not forgotten.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiO_7LhPZFM

U

useless.gardens

afghan kush : 3 for 3 : looking & performing great

platinum fire og : 5 for 5 : 4 looking super & 1 slightly runty : performance is great

desconocida kush : 2 for 2 : both have issues. i notice the stems were purple(ish) and something is not right. no nutes involved but im thinking they just dont like the pH of the peat pucks. started before the platinum fire og and they are just now making roots poking through the pucks. i quickly transplanted them both in hopes that the soil (miracle grow variety from wally world) will help them grow better. if not, they could be culled. cant be the genetics. the issue is other. keeping an eye on them both.

started two northern lights blueberry to keep the seedling count at a healthy 10.

ordered trays, rooting hormone, root riots, floranova (grow & bloom), calmag, & bioroot.

my next goal is getting 2 @ 33 gal trash cans and 6 to 8 blocks of coco.

also need containers. not a fan of fabric air pots but definitely looking into the "root pruning" type for my needs.

might just grab 1 & 2gals reggie style pots from the garden store and order the air-pots i like from the internet.

the last tent & lamp should be here today. so ill be rocking a 5 tent setup as noted in an earlier post.

want to set up everything right and tight so i dont have to worry about odor & transplants & timing & shit like that. i hate when plants get root bound or i dont have what i need to get the job done right. with the rehab of the house it's like $ i dont need to spend but my goal is to have everything (right down to the dry rack & trim tray & bubble bags) for seamless growing until i can build a flower room.

basement flower room will not happen until late next year. so im trying to manage the outlay of $ for products needed to grow sexy plants and not fuck up the budget for my rehab.

definitely not buying any more seeds. stoked on the stash i got.

plus... elite cuts be here next week.
stoner xmas for true !

Last edited:

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
I have been using these for clones and seedlings and up pot straight to 3 gal rootmaker pots a couple weeks before flower. Both are sturdy and easy to get plants out of. https://www.hawthornegc.com/shop/product/gro-pro-root-master-pots?categoryId=pots-containers

Hey man, happy for you growing again. I have had a tough year but I didn't even sit in cell for plants. I could only imagine how that feels, and to be back at it again!

Excited to see how this thread develops

U

useless.gardens

Hey man, happy for you growing again. I have had a tough year but I didn't even sit in cell for plants. I could only imagine how that feels, and to be back at it again!

Excited to see how this thread develops

bless... appreciate you & that fine comment.

U

useless.gardens

floranova grow & bloom
armor si
floralicisious
fish emulsion
liquid bat guano
calmag (w/ iron)
bioroot
hawaiian bud and bloom (5-50-17)
florakleen
rooting hormone (powder, i dislike the liquid type)
root riots
3x thick 1020 trays
pH pen
pro style glass (10ml) pipette

all on the way...

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Those super thick trays are awesome ! Can re-use them forever without them cracking/leaking. I had a couple, that I'm sure are sitting filthy at my old man's. God I left so much shit there. But worth my piece of mind in the end.

U

useless.gardens

everything is setup.

running both flower tents vert style... one CMH ...& the other MH.

both veg tents are rocking t5 lamps... one @ 8 bulb mixed spectrum ...& one @ 4 bulb 6500k.

still some minor tweaks & add-ons but we ready to bang out some flower.

gonna use co2 in the flower tents too.

should be some exciting things to peep in the near future.

afghan kush looking sweet.

platinum fire og growing nicely.

northern lights blueberry hit the peat pucks.

one deconocida kush probably getting culled, the other went from retarded to growing out leaf sets normally.

got cuts, in the mix &, on the way.

i swear stoner santa looking out for me this year. never naughty. always nice! all i asked for was dank clones.

this is a story.
a story about a boy & his grow room.