What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2018

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, most glass screens sold in america look like a little jack (round ball with spikes sticking out of it), the ones sold by roor in germany (i think there's a roor america but their glassware is somewhat different) fit better for their bowls, looked like a T from the side and a round pie from the top, two different sizes for the 2 different bowls they had, 14 and 18mm if i recall correctly, which refers to the diameter of the stem where you insert the bowl. Of course i had to get the 18mm bowls, because i wanted maximum hit size, but in hindsight i think the 14mm would have been more than enough.

Yeah, cleaning a bong could be a hazard, had to put rubbing alcohol and salt and then close your hands over the bowl stem and the mouthpiece and then shake it up and down, that wasnt a secure way to hold an expensive piece of glass while shaking it vigorously, lol. I think one time i got corks or rubber pieces to go into the holes so that helped, i could hold it by the tube when shaking, also one time i got this 'bowl cleaner' solution that you put in and let soak and it just rinses clean, but i think simple green, the cleaning solution u can buy in most stores, does the same thing and i used that to soak my bowls and glass screens to clean them.

Yeah, i think i heard about that missed offsides call, wasnt it the same sort of call that got a ref fired in the oakland-chargers game earlier this season? I stupidly stopped watching the game in the 3rd quarter, figuring the steelers with a 2 td lead, and shutting down the coc's run game, had this game in the bag. But that justin jackson guy came in for ekelar and tore off some big runs, and they got a special teams TD, and came all the way back.

Yeah, the rams/bears on sunday night i think i'll watch all the way through, unless it's a blow out by LA lol. But i think it'll be a lower scoring game than the rams/chiefs game, maybe in the 30's for each team. Hope it's close. Not sure if the cold weather will affect the rams, probably not, i think the whole warm weather team playing bad in cold weather outdoor stadiums has more to do with playing on the road than the cold weather.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
the glass screen you describe sounds rad and a lot better than the ones ive seen
i will have to try and find a plug that will fit into the down stem portion of the bong
now i just take that part off so all im cleaning is the tube part in the first run and then i clean the bowls and stems separately

you might be right about the rams and bears game, i think the bears will be able to keep pace but we wont be seeing the fireworks we saw when the rams went up against the chiefs
the bears defense is orders of magnitude better than the chiefs so i think it will be a medium scoring game; both defenses are top notch but i have to give the nod to the rams on offense
unless we are talking snow on the field i never really got the whole warm v cold weather teams advantage
bills let calvin benjamine go
they are one of this seasons turn around teams and i think this was a step in the right direction for them
its been a great year for the turn around teams and we will see what next season brings

so do you think derwin james will earn the defensive rookie of the year?
chubb is making a great case for himself in denver but i think d.james has quickly established himself as a top player in the nfl at his position

shithawk420

Veteran
I got a rubber cork that's designed to plug the joint.i can pm you where I got it if it's not allowed to post the website

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, the roor glass screen was made especially for their bowls, and was a circle on top with 3 small protrusions spaced around the sides, to allow space at the sides for air/smoke to pass through while keeping the ash/bud on top. On the bottom was a big glass 'spike' that fit well in the bottom of the bowl, keeping it in place but not blocking airflow.

And actually, roor was very technical in their sizes and would call everything 14.5mm and 18.8mm, but i think americans tend to round down or up, so any glass on glass 14mm pieces are the same as 14.5mm, and any 18 or 19mm are the same as 18.8mm. So if you have a 14 or 18/19mm glass bowl, it should fit the roor screens nicely.

Like Hawk said, you can buy rubber corks to plug up your glassware, but for a cheap solution, if you ever drink wine, some bottles have real corks (i think plastic like corks are more common these days), they would be easy to shape to your specific need as long as theyre not too damaged...

Most warm weather teams play a few games a year in cold weather, but i guess there was some statistic for the buccaneers that they hadnt won a game in forever if the temp was below freezing, and also that the packers almost never lose at lambeau if it was freezing or below. That probably has more to do with the bucs being mostly bad and the packers being mostly good during that time.

I know the lions head coach, matt patricia, had them practicing outside recently to 'toughen' them up (most teams, even cold weather teams, practice indoors or in a big tent like practice facility). Seeing that they're 4-8, im not sure that's actually worked.

Yeah, the bills traded for kelvin benjamin a year ago, gave up a 3rd and 7th rd pick (?), but supposedly he's been out of shape (he has eddie lacy disease, meaning he cant put the fork down) and ineffective so they finally release him. Not sure if any other team would take him on, he should take this as a warning sign that he needs to concentrate on his fitness if he wants a career in this league.

I actually think darius leonard, the 2nd rd MLB for the colts, might win Def rookie of the year. He is leading the league in tackles, although he's cooled off some lately. Also leighton vanderesch the LB for the cowboys has been coming on strong of late. But yeah, it's either derwin james or leonard or bradley chubb or vanderesch, with a slight edge to james and leonard just because theyve been consistent all year. Youre right, james has been a top 5 safety in the league, maybe top 3, pretty much since week 1, and darius leonard had like 19 tackles in week 2...

shithawk420

Veteran
Yeah,I forgot to say get a bottle of wine.ive done that you get a cork that fits if it's a 18.8 plus you get to drink the wine! The rubber corks were were expensive for what they were but I was buying a bong from the same site anyway so I said fuck it.

Roors are good as long as long as they are German.theyre quality control is better than US ROOR. Personally I'd get an EHLE over ROOR if they are still in business.they are made in Germany too and are theoretically better quality cause they make fewer pieces.this Gspot was made in Germany and is a good bong as well.label is made of real gold too

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
that is a fine looking piece of glass you got there hawk'!
im not up to speed on all the cool parts, what is the extra part under the bowl
is it an ask ctcher with a diffuser in it?
one of my pieces has a bulb inside the chamber that connects to the stem and it catches the ash when you suck it through
the water around it stays relatively clean and all the ash is captured in the bulb
we have wine corks, mrsChicky loves the stuff so i will snag a few of her cork ones, thanks for the tips guys!

you can use statistics to prove just about anything if you look deep enough, this is true at least half the time
/:)
i saw some stat about how pittsburg dosent play well going west or something like that recently recently
i love numbers and actually factor in certain probabilities when looking at games
the reason i have james on top is exactly why you said, hes been consistently playing lights out all season
chubb is in the top ten in sacks ( a four way tie with 10sacks) and looks like he was everything the donks expected him to be
last weeks thursday night game was really the first time i noticed vanD and i was really impressed
unfortunately he has only started 7 games this season, so that may have held his numbers back

cant wait for the weekend and i am looking forward to this sunday night game
one more day to go fellas and its the weekend!

shithawk420

Veteran
Right you are pops.thats a cheap diffused Ash catcher.nothing special.im getting too old for tubes like that.it made me puke a few times.i think a 250ml straight bong is my sweet spot.

Thought Jacksonville would of done a little better but I wasn't too interested in that game anyway.looking forward to Sunday games though.wondering how bad the Bears are gonna lose.as long as we win the games after that we should be alright.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Ah Hawk, i see you know your glass. Ehle is a name i havent heard in a long time, but ur exactly right, it's just like Roor only like half the price. In fact, some of my favorite tubes were ehle.

And I had an ashcatcher like that as well. Totally forgot to mention it before, but having one kept my bong water a lot cleaner. Youre right pop, using the ashcatcher (this one has water in it, so the smoke was double water filtered, although some ashcatchers, the 'inline' styles, dont use water) kept the water in the bong a lot cleaner. And it was a lot easier to clean a small ashcatcher than a big bong tube.
It would take a bigger toke to pull all that smoke through two glass pieces with water, but you just do the old double inhale: pull all the smoke into the bong, making it 'milky', exhale, then remove the bowl and pull all that lovely smoke through and clear the bong. Good times.

I also heard that west coast teams tend to not play well when they travel to the east coast, as a noon start time EST feels like 9am to them, even though they have a day to get over any jet lag but maybe thats not enough. I think a lot of nfl players get to work early in the morning, like 6 or 7am they get to the practice facility during the week, so if anything a prime time game that starts at 7pm would be more detrimental. It's like, dude it's near my bedtime and you want me to play?

Jags shut down the colts last sunday but then got waxed by the titans. Derrick Henry ran all over them, scoring 4 tds, including a 99 yarder where he stiff armed like 3 jags on one run. If you play fantasy, you know Henry was a relatively high draft pick who miserably failed to live up to expectations this season, and was probably not in many starting lineups this week as he wasnt expected to do much against whats supposed to be a stout defense. Ah well, that's fantasy football for u, you bench who you should have started, and started who you should have benched...

At this point of the season most games are not between winning teams, but there's still some interesting matchups for sure. Saints are coming off a loss to dallas and face Tampa again, who is not good but is a divisional foe (usually tough games) and beat them in week 1.

NFC East features dallas-eagles; eagles clawed back to .500 and this game is big for who wins the division.

Chiefs hosting Ravens should be a good one, ravens are on a 3 game winning streak since they started lamar jackson. Theyve lead the league in rushing and time of possession since starting lamar, passing is still a work in progress but he's capable of keeping a defense honest usually.
Colts at texans should be a good one, colts are 3 games back of the texans so cant really challenge for the division but they are still in play for a wild card spot.

Same with patriots at dolphins, miami always plays NE tough at home.

And on Monday seahawks host vikings, both are fighting for wild card playoff spots.

shithawk420

Veteran
Oh yeah.monday night will probably be good.think the Vikings will win though.

I think if you got a nice bong an ashcatcher is a must to keep it from getting caked with resin.espicially if the tube itself is percolated.it would drive me crazy trying to get the perc clean

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
that 99y run was beastly
he also had like over 200y rushing on something like 17 touches
(17att/238yds/4td)
but like you said it all kind of came out of nowhere
there are still a few good games left and i think a few teams can move up or down in the standings
a lot of teams are hoping to play spoiler too, so there is still plenty of action coming up
nfc east is still up for grabs, as is the afc north in addition to some wild card action so there is still some meat left on the bones here guys
lamar jackson is a lot more exciting to watch than flaco, but is he elite?!
/flaco considers himself one of the few elite qbs in the nfl

i will have to look into those ash catchers
i still like doing bongs the most but usually stick with the modest size tubes most of the time
ive even gotten into the hand held bubblers because they pffer the easy toke of a pipe with a little water to calm the smoke
yeah we used to do the double takes too,baba
where you would fill the tube with smoke on the first draw and then clear it on the second draw
good times indeed,brothers
/leans back and remembers good times surrounded by a cloud of smoke

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Derrick henry's 99 td run might be the play of the year, he broke and shoved off so many tackles.
And i think he had like the highest single game fantasy total this year for any player, very impressive considering some of mahomes's and brees's games. But he was only started in less than 20% of leagues, and if you had to start him you probably weren't a very good team to begin with (he was actually on the waiver wire in a lot of leagues).

We've got 2 good Offense vs Defense matchups tomorrow, with the ravens at chiefs early and the rams at bears late.
Flacco had an elite run through the playoffs in 2012, culminating in a super bowl championship. Earned himself a fat contract but in the 5 years since he's been mediocre. I think most ravens fans will be glad he's gone after this year.

Lamar's a rookie and if his passing can improve, which it will, but if it can improve to at least league average then he'll be a great one for sure.

I always preferred my smoke to be water filtered, to remove the ash and grit and also cool the smoke down. I had a bubbler or two in my day but also liked this little 6 inch plastic bong, it was my 'travel' bong since i carried it with me in a bag or car and it wasnt breakable, well not unless you really smashed it. You couldnt take as big rips as with a big glass tube but certainly bigger hits than a pipe.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
oh man!
what a weekend of great nfl action
we saw a couple big upsets with the 9rs beating the broncos and the raiders winning one against pitt, the browns put up a big W against the panthers and there was a miracle in miami

but the big game this weekend had to be the bears v rams
the bears D came to play and they are hands down one of the teams you dont want to met up with in the playoffs
/others are dallas in nfc, laCoCs in the afc)
with both the rams and saints having lost two games; the saints would have the tie breaker over the rams (having beaten them earlier this season)
that could mean the rams might match up against the bears again in the playoffs
bears came to play and had their D ready
even when only rushing three and four men, the bears defense was able to stimey goff and presure him on just about every play
even gurley was held to his lowest rushing total of the year, only gaining 20-some yards the whole game
while its only their second loss of the season, i would have liked to see the rams maintain their momentum going into the playoffs
the bears have been hot these past few weeks so it would have been nice to get a win against them
this would have guaranteed the rams a top seed (and home field advantage) and possibly a chance to rest their starters for the last couple weeks
as it stands now the rams are going to want to keep pace with NO and could be playing to win until the last game of the season
the bears defense is playing at a beyond beastly level and they earned this big win over the rams
trubs had an awful game but the combination of cohen and howard were able to churn out the yards on the ground and keep the clock moving
they provided the spark, but it was the defense that burned the place down
/the only player on either team to score a touch down was an offensive lineman
i had to cheer the big man getting his number called in that short yardage play, that was some nice coaching and a gutsy call
this has beena great season and we still have a couple more weeks to go

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah Pop, lot of upsets last week. Raiders beating a playoff bound steelers team, the tanking niners beating a hot broncos team, and of course that miami miracle where the Fins pulled off a double lateral with no time remaining to beat the Patriots. Gronk took a poor angle and couldnt catch up to kenyan drake on the play, but the pats figured there would be a 60 yard hail mary so thats why he was out there; he's big and tall and would be good to knock a ball down, not trying to chase and tackle someone.

But that bears-rams game was icing on the cake. I missed most of the 1st half and caught most of the 2nd.

I thought the bears would be able to hold the rams somewhat in check, but didnt expect them to hold an offense averaging 37pts per game to 6pts. In fact, that was a season low in pts the bears have given up, and theyve played offenses much worse than the rams'.

But ur right, when a defense can get consistent pressure rushing 4, it's going to be a long day for the opposing offense. And on some plays it seemed the rams let a rusher through unblocked. I think Goff is a borderline MVP candidate, and is just going to get better with time (he's only in his 3rd year, aaron rodgers didnt even start till his 3rd or 4th year, and didnt become great until his 5th year) but one weakness he has is he doesnt have the mobility to escape a collapsing pocket. He's got good pocket awareness, but if he has to scramble and throw on the run, he's got average athleticism at best.

Still, if the bears-rams do meet up in the playoffs, it will most likely be in LA, not chicago when it's below freezing, so i doubt the bears D will be as effective. But ur right, the cowboys and bears D are playing so well they wont be an easy out in the playoffs.

Trubisky was terrible throwing the ball, i think aqib talib coming back helped shore up that ram's secondary a lot, but mitch is known for his inconsistent accuracy. Usually he's able to make up for it with his scrambling ability, and he was able to keep some plays alive against LA, but still only lead the offense to 1 td and a couple FGs. Against solid defenses he's still going to have his bad moments. And in the playoffs usually every defense is at least average, so im not so hopeful about the bears' playoff chances, but the bears defense is good enough to cover for most of his mistakes. Usually.

shithawk420

Veteran
Well I'm speechless about the Rams Bears. I'm pissed that the falcons lost and some how the Bears won.i think we might have a shot.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
so is anyone else still following the kareem hunt thing?
espn recently posted a good article on the whole thing
https://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/25471824/how-kareem-hunt-nfl-career-was-put-hold-night-town
it sounds like everyone involved in the incident made a lot bad choices

the bears have a great foundation to build on and even if they dont pan out this year, i think they are heading in the right direction
i think you are right about goff and am still impressed with his development as an nfl qb
he is a packet qb all the way and i dont want to see him trying to make too much happen with his legs
/i dont think he has the build to absorb that much punishment
it just looked like a bunch of blown blocks/ missed assignments against the bears and you know mcvay is going to be working on establishing a solid pocket for goff
they have an easy schedule to close out the season but it would be nice to finish with the #1 spot
/they are going to need some help in addition to winning out their season for this to happen

so have you firmed up your plans for the holidays?
a lot of work things happeneing and it looks like im working for most of the days between now and new years eve
i will get a couple days off for christmas and a couple more for the new year but i may end up working all the days in between
/maybe i can fit an extra day in but nothing like years past
the mrs is looking at over a week off, next friday is her last day
i have pretty much finished my shopping so im in a good spot to sit back and enjoy the last few days heading into the holidays

shithawk420

Veteran
I'll be lucky to get a lump of coal for Christmas so I'll just take the Bears going to the playoffs as my present! Lol

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah Hawk, Falcons havent been playing well lately, especially on offense they didnt score 20 pts in like 4 straight weeks, which is a record for matt ryan. Their defense has been bad but their offense should be better than it is. Maybe theyll fire steve sarkisian, their off coordinator, in the offseason.
Sorry to hear that your christmas isnt going to be filled with presents, Hawk, but imo the holidays are more about relationships and family and friends, not material things...

I read that kareem hunt article, Pop, to me it just raises more questions than answers. Not sure who to believe, both sides could be lying like crazy, i just wish i had been there to witness it, or there is video and audio of everything before, thats the only way to make sure, otherwise it's he said she said.

But one thing that struck me is that the girl wanted $112 for an uber ride back to her college. Im just thinking that kareem wishes he gave her the hundred bucks now. I know hindsight's 20/20, and he's got money but he's not uber rich like some athletes, but he shouldnt have been cheap about it like tiger woods or kobe bryant, should have just paid the woman off, would have ended up costing him a lot less in the long run. He hasnt been claimed off waivers yet, maybe teams are waiting till he's off the commissioner's exempt list, maybe he's so radioactive now they dont want to touch him, ever. He's a good, even great player, but RB's are easily obtained in the draft, without the risk of alienating a lot of your fan base by signing Hunt.

Sorry Pop, sucks that youll have to work most of the holidays, but at least youll get a couple days around christmas and new years, so that's something, plus all those hours put in, at least youll have some good money to afford all those presents you bought?:biggrin:

I think the rams have a better than even chance of finishing first in the conference over the saints: rams host the eagles on sunday night football (eagles are defending champs but probably not going to make the playoffs this year) then finish with cards and niners. Saints play the panthers twice and the steelers once; panthers have been in a freefall last few games, cam newton has a bum throwing shoulder, but divisional games are always tough, i wouldnt be shocked if the saints lose to the panthers once and to the steelers also. Especially since the saints offense hasnt been the machine they were earlier, they scored 25 in the 2nd half to beat the bucs but before that only had 3 pts at halftime against a bad defense.

Bears host the packers this sunday, normally i would say this would be an easy win for chicago, but with the coaching change green bay dominated the falcons last week (sorry hawk!) and rodgers of course is notorious for killing the bears. So yeah, im somewhat nervous, you would think the bears D would eat up rodgers (he's like the 4th most sacked qb this year) but he's capable of scrambling around and throwing a TD to some triple covered receiver downfield.

shithawk420

Veteran
Yeah,I'm kinda worried about the Packers too Baba.but even if they lose, the 49s game should be easy.im more worried about the Vikings.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Well, with the vikings loss on MNF, the bears only have to win one more game to clinch the division? But ur right, nothing is a given in the NFL, the niners beat the steelers last week, there were a lot of upsets last week, so anything can happen. Hopefully it doesnt come down to week 17, with the season ending game at minnesota, to decide the division for the bears...

Dallas is on a roll, Storm, but does that mean jason garrett hangs on for another season? Not sure if that's in dallas's interest in the long run, i dont think he's a bad coach necessarily but he's probably not a very good one.

But ur right, Ezekiel is a big part of that offense, i knew he'd be used more in the passing game this year when they lost Dez and Witten and i wish i had drafted him instead of leveon. And amari cooper looks like a new man in dallas, he's got some good chemistry with Dak even though dak isnt really known as a good passer.

Latest posts

Latest posts