What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

CDNINCA

hey Fellas..love the fucking info/content, my god, this is the secret I've been seeking...I have a guy that always has incredible bud..I feel like he does a similar dry/cure...but I think his people spray hash oil on the buds before cure..it always has a danky hashy musk to his product..

but I digress..I'm gonna bypass a glass Jar because of my belief that they are effected to severely by room temps. I'm gonna order https://www.bing.com/search?q=food+...F3144641992D32B187A570A2&ghsh=0&ghacc=0&ghpl=

I guess you could always use a salad spinner insert too for the volume!

some cheese containers and vac pack when done with initial sweat/5-7 day warm cure...I hope my sous vide device can handle 5-7 days 84 Degrees...sorry guys..I don't humor Celsius ;) jk..but I'm stoked...Reading this info made me reminisce on some of my best dry/cures..I always found my April harvests were best, because of the warm weather in SouthWest where I am probably helped with a ferment that I always was afraid of, since most of the material I read was always to gear towards a 14 day full plant hang w/leaves and to a bagging/jarring with periodic sweats and was always instructed to leave in a "Cool/Dark" place..now I feel like a little warmth to the buds are actually necessary for all these extra compounds/bacterias to marry...I'm gonna vac pack trimmed bud from a chocolope I have hanging right now (9th day of hanging a reasonably large plant, it's just about right for crispy outside/soft center/reasonable bent crackle but not snap on the branches), and use that cheese press container, and then I'll be harvesting/drying a small 3 gall that realistically has 2 gal's in it's Malawi/SSH (or Peach Hashplant? I had two males that run hit the Malawi...don't know what seeds got what pollen..exciting), it smells like Candy and spice in flower, and foxtail profile..i'll try to take some pics...but it's got two but fucking stocks and beautiful buds on it...really wanted to cure the buds since they looks so incredible..but it's fucking Malawi, and it's mother didn't get cobbed and dried so fast..that bud ended up being meh, but the child has some potential and will be getting cobbed like a son of a bitch :)

Thanks again all
Welcome to a new branch of this "hobby"!! I'm sort of new to this myself and really enjoy the entire experience! Cheers!

pooman

Welcome to a new branch of this "hobby"!! I'm sort of new to this myself and really enjoy the entire experience! Cheers!
@pooman , welcome to the wonderful world of cobbing!
Lots of good info and good folk to advise you.
hey thanks guys! and thank you for the braindumps you've set on this site! It's very helpful and appreciated! I'll pic this stuff once I get goin!

pooman

16765193160158638838140203660929.jpg
16765193351012586304518983351612.jpg

Chocolope cross with ssh? And or peach hashplant...it's a rock vac pac going in for 100f ...it's a tad crispy as it's been cold ...9 day hang dry..I think the big buds have enough juice though to get it Goin...stoked

My next harvest will be that malawi cross with the same males previously mentioned...I'll Cobb that sob when it's dried which may take a few days since it's a relatively small plant

Tangwena

Veteran
View attachment 18810993 View attachment 18810995
Chocolope cross with ssh? And or peach hashplant...it's a rock vac pac going in for 100f ...it's a tad crispy as it's been cold ...9 day hang dry..I think the big buds have enough juice though to get it Goin...stoked

My next harvest will be that malawi cross with the same males previously mentioned...I'll Cobb that sob when it's dried which may take a few days since it's a relatively small plant
Nice looking bag there man please post pics when you next open the bag should be good by then.
i can smell the juices sweating from here ha ha.

pooman

so I wrote a very angry post earlier..but basically...I bought a new sous vide..didn't realize if I unplug it, it loses settings...so when replugged it defaulted to 140DegreesFarenheit and when I was half asleep I took a piss this morning I walked by saw it...went 9pm to 330am...fucking really upset about this...time/money..just annoyed..I dunno, I lowered temps to 80 degrees..I'm just pissed about this..Hope it's not a total lose..but I probably cooked the stuff

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
420giveaway
so I wrote a very angry post earlier..but basically...I bought a new sous vide..didn't realize if I unplug it, it loses settings...so when replugged it defaulted to 140DegreesFarenheit and when I was half asleep I took a piss this morning I walked by saw it...went 9pm to 330am...fucking really upset about this...time/money..just annoyed..I dunno, I lowered temps to 80 degrees..I'm just pissed about this..Hope it's not a total lose..but I probably cooked the stuff
It'll be fine; perhaps a little darker than it would have otherwise been off the temperature were lower but it'll still "bend you silly".
Perhaps open it up and have a sniff, let it dry off if need be and then just revac it and leave it somewhere warm for a while.

pooman

It'll be fine; perhaps a little darker than it would have otherwise been off the temperature were lower but it'll still "bend you silly".
Perhaps open it up and have a sniff, let it dry off if need be and then just revac it and leave it somewhere warm for a while.
Thanks Hombre, I appreciate that vote of confidence...man that bummed me out....I put it back in a bath of 84 degrees sous vide bath, I'll open after I get back from work and dry/revac and leave alone in the bath for 5 days or so...sorry for the negativity...really freaked out this morning

sneezydog

Done that, with the oven just trying to get a little warmer because not sunny enough for a car dashboard sweat. Forgot, and came back to bulging with steam vac seal bags, at about 200 degrees. Brown and cooked smell, not the same but it all got consumed still. 140 should have more terps left... :)
A new test for the thread, just hard when you arent prepared for the sacrifice of tests.
Hope it is ok and glad you have another harvest soon to keep ya up.

pooman

Done that, with the oven just trying to get a little warmer because not sunny enough for a car dashboard sweat. Forgot, and came back to bulging with steam vac seal bags, at about 200 degrees. Brown and cooked smell, not the same but it all got consumed still. 140 should have more terps left... :)
A new test for the thread, just hard when you arent prepared for the sacrifice of tests.
Hope it is ok and glad you have another harvest soon to keep ya up.
I'm sorry that happened Sneezy, we're you able to salvage any of it? Or turn into edibles?

I'm really hoping I didnt cook it too much last night, I'm return that goddamn sous vide...the touch screen blows 😑

I'll report what happens next in this whirlwind I blew up

Tangwena

Veteran
I'm sorry that happened Sneezy, we're you able to salvage any of it? Or turn into edibles?

I'm really hoping I didnt cook it too much last night, I'm return that goddamn sous vide...the touch screen blows 😑

I'll report what happens next in this whirlwind I blew up
As Hombre said it should be ok please open bag asap and post pics with some nice close ups you never know you may have something exceptional.
As I say all the time this is only one method of curing there are others we haven't cracked the code on yet.
Its never wrong just different.

pooman

I love you boys thank you for pushing me through this here's a pic after opening just now after work... didnt smell or look too bad!

Get a vac again and put it back in the bath at 84 degrees, will update in a week with pics, ( good god please 🙏 no mold!)

Attachments

• 16765903075144344053279242854936.jpg
    16765903075144344053279242854936.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 66
  • 1676590356724317790057571419785.jpg
    1676590356724317790057571419785.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 64

Taima-da

Looks like it could be really good.

I've found that a style with fewer lumps and bumps on the external surface (cylinder, puck or pressed block) seems to work better, in that bag contact is complete on each and every seal.
Sometimes when you have a little crevasse or cavity (from the initial sweat and dry) the bag doesn't sit tight to the cob completely everywhere and some moisture and oxygen may linger in those empty spaces unless very well dried, leading to greater need for checking and drying, down the line

Last edited:

pooman

Looks like it could be really good.

I've found that a style with fewer lumps and bumps on the external surface (cylinder, puck or pressed block) seems to work better in that bag contact is complete on each and every seal.
Sometimes when you have a little crevasse or cavity from the initial sweat and dry the bag doesn't sit tight to the cob completely everywhere and some moisture and oxygen may linger in those empty spaces unless very well dried, leading to greater need for checking and drying, down the line
I feel like it feels dry, but it's not heavy moisture, it's more spongy...but not moisture like wet...do you feel I should dry till outside is a tad crisped?

Also...going in for a one day sweat smoke...

And done...oh my fucking god...guys, this is the carmaelly dank shit I was after...look at that goddamn white ash...the high is absolutely deeper...the cherry was lit nicely and kept going...man, tangwena...I love ya bud

Attachments

• 20230216_154750.jpg
    20230216_154750.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 61
  • 16765918657478748095239442464929.jpg
    16765918657478748095239442464929.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 52

Stonerbudz

Checked some of my cobs and canary buds I made 3 to 5 days ago.

The drier buds still have a way to go but these were the moister buds and I dried them for 6 hours in the shade.

These have had no sweat just vacuum bagged and left in the garage in 30c+ ambient temps long slow cure.

sChecked some of my cobs and canary buds I made 3 to 5 days ago.

Seeds

The drier buds still have a way to go but these were the moister buds and I drie

These have had no sweat just vacuum bagged and left in the garage in 30

Seeded weed got dammmseede

Dammm 

sseec+ ambient temps long slow cure.d them for 6 hours in the shade.

Seeded weed got dammmseede

Dammm

sneezydog

That would be one long quote for a balls tattoo... but your herb looks great and i am thinking now of when i used to pasteurize horse manure at around that temp, it would not kill the beneficial bacteria but would cut way back on the harmful ones and it was an hours long process. Love how just that first sweat can change things so much. Nice colors on those. Caramel... :):)