What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Inspired by Julian's Threads?

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
Here's a link to his massive OD threaD:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=62895

Wierd, this thread is the one I've had bookmarked the longest, had no idea he deleted some stuff... then again I haven't gotten thru the whole thing!

- Everybody interested in OD should revisit the thread a couple of months from now....

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm humbled, and even more so, honored at the mention and very kind words offered, and glad to have been assistance.

We all come here for different things, with different objectives, and many, to offer what we can to our fellow men (and women), and sometimes, while growing the primary, we find discussions turning to many topics deemed unrelated, yet, nevertheless, in the end, are....

This made me check to realize I haven't posted in about 6 months give or take, but, rest assured, I am here fairly often.......sometimes a PM or two,others just to read up on various things....and sometimes just to say hello here and there.....

Also recently realized have spent those past 6 months or so on 20hr days, 7 days a week...(last 200 days straight give or take?), and, of late, believe starting to reacquire what I believed was my lost equaminity....)

One of the recent themes of the day: Equaminity :smoke:

I'm truly, again, humbled and quite honored at any mention whatsoever, and, as always, more so beyond words to have been able to been of assistance, and offer something of use, of value, of interest....for, as above, we all come, offer, and seek different things, mine has always been assistance, be that in any area which we need...

My most sincere wishes as we enter this new year to all.......may it find all with a greater degree of peace, inspiration, health, happiness, and, given the primary, safety than the last, and all previous......to all....and to your families and loved ones....and those most important to you......

Always here, and look forward to further discussions in future :smoke:....

Last edited:

Blueshark

An obvious 'wordsmith', Beautifully stated...I will hit the link above and read the thread right now...
Good to know we have not lost your expertise..

STFU

I'm walking on air right now. I'm the OP of the thread that brought Julian out of 6months of dormancy :) Man, just reading a new post from you has me so pumped! Still putting in those crazy hours! I'm going to be opening a trading thread soon and I'd be honored if you stopped by sometime.

redbudduckfoot

Veteran
good to see you around, Julian. i find myself thinking in certain key situation in the past year "what would Julian do? glad that you're doing well.

Read that thread start to finish last winter. Had a bunch of losses but still managed to take in $7K AND HOOK FRIENDS & FAMILY UP MORE THAN THEY KNOW.

You know what I did with that $7K? Followed the what, when, where, how :) Getting ready to flip the lights on my first indoor very soon, 3k, it's probably going to be a massive failure, but next season is right around the corner anyways :)

Just the other night I was exhausted from the 'real' job', did NOT want to do anything but go to sleep, luckily I now have this voice in my head that keeps saying over & over "Fuck it, there's work to be done you fucking do it"

I read the whole thread once, it took a while, but I learned so much.

I don't know if I could do what he does though, I've tried guerilla growing before and the adrenaline rush is too much to overcome sometimes. I almost got locked into a property once by some guy that decided to lock the gate. Another time some folks decided to stop on a trail near my plot while I was there digging and just hang out for a while.

I'm going to try again this year, maybe it won't be as bad this time.

haha, I had a similar experience this year. I had good access to drop supplies off at spot, had to cut through farmland that had three different ways to get in via gates, but all of them locked with a CAT key, I was shitting bricks when I had to drive right past someone else who also had a key ;)

S

SexInTheCity

Julian is one oph the many great legends here at ICMAG...very great to read his thread. as someone already said "I use to read his thread phor hours" I like the page where they talk al3out how he conveys so much inhpormation and reading so phast....wow... legend

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
tumblr_le2orctP851qzv5wfo1_400.jpg

Linenoise

I've never seen his threads before, perhaps it is because I have never even considered an outdoor grow and as such I've never really ventured into the outdoor grow section.

Looking at it now I see it is 195 pages long. (like the poster above me...) Sheeeeeeeeit! That is a long ass thread! I'm tempted to read a little since it seems to have refrences to The Wire? I've been a big fan of The Wire since it first came out. My favorite scene from the series is from the first season where McNulty and Bunk examine an old crimescene and say nothing but "Motherfucker." for about 4 minutes. :D

In case you wish to see the scene I am speaking about

Anyhow, any thread that goes that long must have something of value. i'll try to read a little of it as a show of respect (and I'm sure I'll learn a few things as a reward!)

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
Thanks! Seems The part im looking for has been edited. The part about how to get rid of all that harvest.

STFU

Yah alot of his indoor posts were edited :( also his writing on plausible deniability that he uses as his get of of jail free card is removed I think. Someone needs to go through the 195pages and extract some of the juiciest nuggets of information.

STFU

I just found this on The Highway Interdiction thread and it really encompasses how Julian effected me and the way I read threads on here. I have 45 threads bookmarked that in total are probably over 350pages long. This is how i read every one of them.

Julian:
Your not the first to mention writing style, and, writing how I would speak has long since shared, but, here's something for people to ponder:

Maybe.......just maybe.....I write and structure how I do so people will read more carefully and pay attention to the words themselves.

I guess most miss that.

Most skim. They don't pay attention.

There's some good posts on the nevergetbusted.com forums under the handle Joe. Also the troll battles he engages in are priceless.

lemonade

Veteran
Oh yea i read (correction, Studied) the OD thread 4 times over from start to finish and still skim through my back up copy.

Jules, that thread had an immeasurable impact on my life....It changed my though process, what i believed was possible, and hardened my work ethic. It not only made me dream, but inspired me to act on those dreams, and made me realize that you can achieve almost anything if you're determined enough.

In short, that thread completely changed the direction of my life, no joke. I wouldn't be in the fortunate position that i enjoy today had i not had the privilege of absorbing some of your wisdom and knowledge jules, and for that, I am forever grateful. :tiphat:

The real takeaway from Omar/Julian... isn't how to build up a business growing and marketing cannabis from the ground up per se- although he does that better than anyone else I've read- but that success in anything requires clarity of thought and purpose combined with a willingness to fully commit to a project and build it so that the inevitable difficulties are expected and planned for. His philosophy would make one successful in legal business or any other endeavor.

Cannabis is just a way for people with few initial resources to leverage a willingness to work hard and take risk into something tangible. You put the same sort of passion and thought into any project and you are likely to succeed. Growing really makes no sense for someone starting from a place of middle class privilege, you can put the same effort into a legal endeavor and succeed much more easily. What Julian has done is to draw a roadmap for those on the bottom with intelligence, street smarts and a killer work ethic to advance themselves in a society that is built to make such a journey difficult. Sometimes people with less to lose can actually use that seeming disadvantage to take risks that would be irrational for the more fortunate and with that willingness, audacity, hard work and the ever requisite bit of simple good fortune, make good things happen for themselves and even their families and social circles. How many legit fortunes were made by people who would likely never had the chance playing strictly by the rules on the stepping stones of the opportunities for risk takers provided by alcohol prohibition?

The beauty of the cannabis trade is that it, while providing the high risk/reward levels of any profitable illegal business, unlike most other illegal businesses is one that can be done without in any way compromising one's moral standing or principles. The provision of cannabis to the existing market is, almost uniquely among illegal business endeavors, potentially not tainted by the harm it does to others. It can be done in a completely ethical way- even if it isn't always, it can be.

Latest posts

Latest posts