What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RSC Reproductions

Has anyone grown any of the real seed company's reproductions who have also grown the original releases? For example, I believe the mazar is on its 3rd or 4th reproduction outside of Afghanistan...has anyone grown the original release and what is being offered right now? Same with the highland thai.

Just curious how they're holding up....

Anyone have any idea how the reproductions are being carried out or who is actually doing them?

djimb

Veteran
The forum Pepe mentioned seems to be where the action is for RSC. I read a thread there about a repro of the Lebanese. If I recall correctly, 40 plants were open pollinated for that one.

Corky (who used to post here) never seemed to work with a ton of plants. I know that in addition to the Highland Thai repro, he also made a cross with the Kerala. It sounded pretty spectacular.

Anyway, a member here named Green grew out some of Corky's Highland Thai repro and it looked amazing. Here's the thread: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=348550

Edit: it would seem the RSC subforum is no longer there. I remember there being talk about closing it last year, and it seems to have happened.

Last edited: