What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I need Help

MilkyMars

Hi everybody, I have a small set up, 60x60x140 mammut grow tent, with an 147 cfm extractor fan mounted on a 163 cfm carbon scrubber... I have 2 inline PC fans GELID Solutions Silent 140mm to take air inside the tent and a 270w ufo led light, but all of this is bringing me to have always a 70% humidity in my tent, so I bought a dehumidifier (probreeze), but still cant get under 65%... I'm quite desperate since I live in a quite humid area and my temp is stucked between 20°-24°... so what can I do? I have 3 flowering plants inside the tent... and I'm tempted to mount a third in line fan in the air intake... or buying a heating mat to raise a bit the temp... but literally I don't know what to do... help me plz

ps: this is my first grow and probably the oldest plant is starting to root rot... cause of the humidity... im desperate...

troutman

Seed Whore
If the ambient humidity outside is very high it will be hard to bring it lower without great efforts.

You may be better off trying to grow more Sativa dominant plants as they are more mold resistant than full Indicas.

MilkyMars

If the ambient humidity outside is very high it will be hard to bring it lower without great efforts.

You may be better off trying to grow more Sativa dominant plants as they are more mold resistant than full Indicas.

im growing just my first og kush auto... but next ones will be hybrids for sure... like Fruit Spirit and Gorilla glue... so idk... still quite in trouble about humidity... i guess i need to buy a bigger dehumidifier...

Dankwolf

When i lived in a vary humid area.

When i lived in a vary humid area.

Use a lung room with a lower temp and humidty.

insomniac_AU

Yeah I think A/C is the only solution. I couldn't grow here without it. It's way too hot and humid in summer and too cold in winter without it.

igrowone

Veteran
root rot probably not from humidity
that's more of a drainage issue
the only way to be sure is to pop that root ball out and inspect
which is a bit of a chore

MilkyMars

Yeah I think A/C is the only solution. I couldn't grow here without it. It's way too hot and humid in summer and too cold in winter without it.

mmm ok for a grow tent small like mine and with my air ventilation what do u suggest? or wich specs would be the best to take in consideration?

insomniac_AU

I don't know your situation but if you get a system that is capable of keeping the house at 22c year round it will be fine. I have a split system that is 8.5kw cooling capacity. If you are comfortable your plants will be too. :)

MilkyMars

I don't know your situation but if you get a system that is capable of keeping the house at 22c year round it will be fine. I have a split system that is 8.5kw cooling capacity. If you are comfortable your plants will be too. :)

idk man, i have already a heated floor... i dont really need it in my house... and i have 3 plants not 30... i dont think its a smart investment... plus i cant find an ac that have my btu needs... its too small tent to do such a thing... maybe i just need to buy a huge dehumidifier and that it... like a 3liter machine per day... something like that...

insomniac_AU

You know your own situation best. I'm not professing to be an expert by any means but one thing I've learnt over the years is one of the keys to successful growing is having control over the environment. Air temperature and quality and humidity. If you have those things sorted you are half way there.

MilkyMars

Little Pro Lab!

Little Pro Lab!

Hi everybody,

I'm starting my new weed company, so since I live in a cold and super humid place forgotten by god, im making my mini lab inside a warehouse. My full setup will be quite huge, and would be super good to get suggestions and help by the community so here we are...

I will have 3 separate grow tents divided in Veggy room (6 lights 600w HPS with MH bulbs in a space of 8'x16'x8') , Mother/clones room (same as veggy room, but with normal bulbs) and Flower room (12 light 600w HPS, in a grow tent of 16'x30'x8').

Ventilation will be for the flower room a huge 4120 CFM extractor, and for the 2 little rooms 2 1470 CFM each room... (plus something like 26 wall oscillating fans total divided in the 3 rooms)...

Now my first doubt, i will use the whole big warehouse as a lung room so will open for like 1 hour a day (since its huge 200mq or 660fq) and im gonna exhaust outside, it would be better to keep an extractor that keep air from outside to the lung room? or passive intake its better Out/lung?

Second doubt, night time is a struggle here... so its better to invest in some A/C or going for Dehumidifier+duct Heater? and wich Duct Heater if u say so (how do i choose it?)?

Third Doubt i would love to keep all sterilyzed as much as possible, so it would be better to junction all the grow tents with tent tunnels and tent doors? or keep it separated? can u tell me a good "Tent Tunnel" brand? (im referring at the ones u see on the movie ET like xD cool af)

Fourth doubt, and finally it is better to buy an extractor fan as an intake for each grow room? or its better with this set up to just keep it as a passive intake for each grow room? and if it is needed an intake fan, which cfm do i need? everybody says just lower the main extractor... but nobody says how much...

Thanks Guys! and I know... im a noob in this sector... but as every good noob, i'm rdy to learn from my mistakes!

MilkyMars

Hi everybody,

I'm starting my new weed company, so since I live in a cold and super humid place forgotten by god, im making my mini lab inside a warehouse. My full setup will be quite huge, and would be super good to get suggestions and help by the community so here we are...

I will have 3 separate grow tents divided in Veggy room (6 lights 600w HPS with MH bulbs in a space of 8'x16'x8') , Mother/clones room (same as veggy room, but with normal bulbs) and Flower room (12 light 600w HPS, in a grow tent of 16'x30'x8').

Ventilation will be for the flower room a huge 4120 CFM extractor, and for the 2 little rooms 2 1470 CFM each room... (plus something like 26 wall oscillating fans total divided in the 3 rooms)...

Now my first doubt, i will use the whole big warehouse as a lung room so will open for like 1 hour a day (since its huge 200mq or 660fq) and im gonna exhaust outside, it would be better to keep an extractor that keep air from outside to the lung room? or passive intake its better Out/lung?

Second doubt, night time is a struggle here... so its better to invest in some A/C or going for Dehumidifier+duct Heater? and wich Duct Heater if u say so (how do i choose it?)?

Third Doubt i would love to keep all sterilyzed as much as possible, so it would be better to junction all the grow tents with tent tunnels and tent doors? or keep it separated? can u tell me a good "Tent Tunnel" brand? (im referring at the ones u see on the movie ET like xD cool af)

Fourth doubt, and finally it is better to buy an extractor fan as an intake for each grow room? or its better with this set up to just keep it as a passive intake for each grow room? and if it is needed an intake fan, which cfm do i need? everybody says just lower the main extractor... but nobody says how much...

Thanks Guys! and I know... im a noob in this sector... but as every good noob, i'm rdy to learn from my mistakes!

k i tought i was doing a new topic... my bad... xD noob even in forums xD