What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mangu'Carot & K1 - french touch seeds

IndicaFarmer

^^ I tried sandpaper and found it useless. I take a clean single edge razor blade and scrape the seam of the seed before germination, Seed cracking worries me on squishing the insides of the seed. You did not use Snow did you? He is sick like half the time it seems.
I bought from French touch seeds directly, he never told me his name, he just kept putting off sending. over and over, I never thought they would come. They finally came after three months; I am very versed at sprouting seeds. I have seeds in the fridge of my own strains and crosses that are ten years or older that sprout in two days. So not sure what is up with these Mangu Karrot and Kalite Tizane. Was really looking forward to running a pure landrace. Also, I have never had such a hard time communicating or getting in touch with a company. I emailed all their contacts, emails and whatnot, also tried instant messaging and other ways, also badmouthed the lack of communication on their pages on Facebook. over and over and over to get some sort of response. I think If I had not, he would have never sent my order. Just very strange. He initially actually lied about sending it which was odd. I hope I can get some to sprout. Whatever is going on with the guy, I hope he can get it together or stop having his business. He told me his wife was sick and that was the issue, but that was later and does not explain the months of no responses or info on what was going on, and why no sent orders. Anyways, I'll report if I can get some to sprout. He did give me one extra Mangu Karrot and a complimentary Des Rois Sativa I have yet to sprout.

F2F

I bought from French touch seeds directly, he never told me his name, he just kept putting off sending. over and over, I never thought they would come. They finally came after three months; I am very versed at sprouting seeds. I have seeds in the fridge of my own strains and crosses that are ten years or older that sprout in two days. So not sure what is up with these Mangu Karrot and Kalite Tizane. Was really looking forward to running a pure landrace. Also, I have never had such a hard time communicating or getting in touch with a company. I emailed all their contacts, emails and whatnot, also tried instant messaging and other ways, also badmouthed the lack of communication on their pages on Facebook. over and over and over to get some sort of response. I think If I had not, he would have never sent my order. Just very strange. He initially actually lied about sending it which was odd. I hope I can get some to sprout. Whatever is going on with the guy, I hope he can get it together or stop having his business. He told me his wife was sick and that was the issue, but that was later and does not explain the months of no responses or info on what was going on, and why no sent orders. Anyways, I'll report if I can get some to sprout. He did give me one extra Mangu Karrot and a complimentary Des Rois Sativa I have yet to sprout.
There is a method an old member posted here once. I copied and emailed it to myself. Works nicely for old seeds. Patience and fresh EWC. Often nothing will happen for weeks, then days 20-30 they start busting through the dirt.

Peace
F2F

Old seed germination technique

Preparation
A. Bleach Solution: 1tbs bleach + 1gallon tap H2O
B. Coconut Solution: 1/4th tsp H2O2 + 2 shots coconut water + ½ drop of Rapidstart
C. EWC in starter pots, FRESH!! Must not contain residual organic matter or mold will grow.

Process
1. Soak seeds in bleach solution 20min
2. Gloves for all subsequent handling steps
3. Rinse with tapwater in strainer
4. Soak in coconut solution 12hr
5. Crack seeds at each end, not middle
6. Soak additional 12hr to 24hr (preferred)
7. Sow at ¼” - ½” beneath substrate (fresh EWC). Keep EWC loose to promote oxygen exchange.
8. Cover with dome, keep @80 – 85deg F for up to 30 days. Do not let EWC dry out. Mist spray EWC, dome, and walls to maintain RH of 85 – 99%.

Last edited:

OntologicalTurn

fts/ collective bourbon zamal kalite tisane, very vigorous, probably male, it is interesting that the lateral branches grow almost horizontal, parallel to the leaves

IMG_20230227_161117_418.jpg

IMG_20230227_161150_678.jpg

OntologicalTurn

Sad how when you see a tall vigorous plant in veg it is likely male. hehe Let us know how the high is when you get there. ^^
I'll keep you posted, the last one has just germinated, even if it's a male I'm probably going to use it for crosses, maybe a more zamal zamaldelica?

greetings

IndicaFarmer

There is a method an old member posted here once. I copied and emailed it to myself. Works nicely for old seeds. Patience and fresh EWC. Often nothing will happen for weeks, then days 20-30 they start busting through the dirt.

Peace
F2F

Old seed germination technique

Preparation
A. Bleach Solution: 1tbs bleach + 1gallon tap H2O
B. Coconut Solution: 1/4th tsp H2O2 + 2 shots coconut milk + ½ drop of Rapidstart
C. EWC in starter pots, FRESH!! Must not contain residual organic matter or mold will grow.

Process
1. Soak seeds in bleach solution 20min
2. Gloves for all subsequent handling steps
3. Rinse with tapwater in strainer
4. Soak in coconut solution 12hr
5. Crack seeds at each end, not middle
6. Soak additional 12hr to 24hr (preferred)
7. Sow at ¼” - ½” beneath substrate (fresh EWC). Keep EWC loose to promote oxygen exchange.
8. Cover with dome, keep @80 – 85deg F for up to 30 days. Do not let EWC dry out. Mist spray EWC, dome, and walls to maintain RH of 85 – 99%.
Thanks for the info and suggestions! I was very excited when i got my Mangu carrot and Kalite. I noticed they were very small and almost feral/wild looking in size and shape. They kinda had that horseshoe typa thing on the knuckle/junction/union with stalk remnant. Or is it the outer seed calyx, sheath that leaves that indent on a seeds end? Looks like a volcano up close. Some say you can see by the shape what the probability is for the seed being either male or female. I think it's all a bunch of bullshit, but whatever.... .

Anyways, I found that the germination rates and successful seedling survival was very low, and very, very mutated. They all go through a mutant's stage, the first-round false leaves are fine, then the secondary ones look ok but stretched and elongated. Then after that the weirdness sets in. Is it called Fasciation? anways, stems coming out at odd angles, stunted growth and whatnot. I baby them, I remove lower fucked up leaves as the newer healthier ones co me in. Despite the screeching halt of growth at first, the plants, all three out of like 12 seeds, started to grow out the normal leaves in a palmate fashion. The roots shoot down, straight white and powerful like a full sativa should. Unfortunately, my favorite, that has pink stems and beautiful lime green, fluorescent leaves, appears to be a male, But I am hoping for pistils. Either way, pollen or female plant ready to cross with my Durban, I will be happy. There is just something about those far away African Isles. Reunion Island is so out of the way and exotic, I can almost smell the Mango scent, the spicy sweet carrot in the air, palm trees, beautiful brown curvy women, and Ganga, proud, in the sun, shining, sparkling with giant fluffy spears in the calm breeze. Anyways I have to get my shit together and figure out how to post photos. it really is a disgrace on my part, after all, "Pictures, or it never happen ed." Right? PEACE.

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You all have me going on the Zamal craze now and I'm thinking this will be my next project. I did some pure Zamal in 2015 and have about 30 seeds of a Pineapple Zamal. I also crossed it with my Jacks Cleaner clone and have maybe 20 seeds of that. So yeah Zamal is up next. :watchplant:

IndicaFarmer

i got a great Cambodian female, gonna hit it with my 80s Durban an also my male mangu carrot. i love the structure of the mangu. it has a totally primitive, otherworldly, beautiful and robust structure. the leaves are cool too. has 11 fingers on some of the fans. as for the high, i will have to see what shows up in the offspring. I got all males from the only surviving french touch Mangus. at least i got the pollen though. I was lucky so far and have a female Durban 80s. the Cambodian resists all my pest issues. it's like the bugs are repelled by it for some reason. same with the mangus. thanks goes out to zomia collective and khalifa for bringing these genetics to me.

IndicaFarmer

Sad how when you see a tall vigorous plant in veg it is likely male. hehe Let us know how the high is when you get there. ^^
funny how the favorite always ends up male it seems. they always pop up so vigorous and have the structure you want. seems to happen so often. i guess take what nature gives you.

romanoweed

i got a great Cambodian female, gonna hit it with my 80s Durban an also my male mangu carrot. i love the structure of the mangu. it has a totally primitive, otherworldly, beautiful and robust structure. the leaves are cool too. has 11 fingers on some of the fans. as for the high, i will have to see what shows up in the offspring. I got all males from the only surviving french touch Mangus. at least i got the pollen though. I was lucky so far and have a female Durban 80s. the Cambodian resists all my pest issues. it's like the bugs are repelled by it for some reason. same with the mangus. thanks goes out to zomia collective and khalifa for bringing these genetics to me.
i think the Durban80s x Mangucarrot would be good cross, as the locations are atleast somewhat close- and durban aswell as Zamal Genetics have tendencies for unusual fast flowering

IndicaFarmer

At Some point I'd like to blend in some Congo too. Or perhaphs some Ace Panama x Malawi. Too many options to count really. I've been eye balling the Energenetics pure landrace Congo. That, or I could use The Rev's Congo Bhai Bhai. Supposed to be a real mind fucker. I would have bought his Cindy Congo, which is even more electric/psychedelic. But it was out of my price range. He has the cheaper seeds for sale as works in progress, then he also sells the worked finished varieties. it's cool that he offers up his gamble seeds at a discount. The fun is working and selecting yourself anyways. Yeah, making seeds from crosses is almost as fun or more than smoking the shit.

OntologicalTurn

the kalite tizane that I thought was male, still does not show its sex clearly although I think I have seen a small female inflorescence, in any case I suppose we will find out in the coming weeks, for now it rests in its final place

IMG_20230416_145124_682.jpg

the one that germinated later turned out to be a boy, I'm thinking of crossing it with an oldtimers haze
IMG_20230416_145246_300_SR.jpg

early_bird

Veteran
Have anyone tried Mangu Karot yet ?
I´m very curious about them, but haven´t found a single smoke report somewhere.