What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mangu'Carot & K1 - french touch seeds

Genghis Kush

Has anybody tried growing these?
or any info on them or French Touch seeds?

would love to hear about if you have

Aloha
gk

B

Bob Green

I have been trying to find info on these two lines as well. Not much out there but I might pick up a few of each for the vault.

Cernunnos

Hi Genghis,
That's a Mangu Carot. I have some K1 also, I went to upload a photo of it with no sucess so just the Mangu shot. There is a photo of a K1 if you look on the photos uploaded I have. That K1 is the biggest of all the seedlings.

Genghis Kush

Cernunnos, Thanks so much for the pics of the Mangu and K1,

I look forward to your updates.

Do you know anything about these strains beyond what information is written in French seeds description??

much aloha
GK

Cernunnos

Cernunnos, Thanks so much for the pics of the Mangu and K1,

I look forward to your updates.

Do you know anything about these strains beyond what information is written in French seeds description??

much aloha
GK
Your welcome mate. I don't know anymore about them than what is written on the forums here and the website for purchasing. I would ask idiit what he knows as he seems to be the one most in the know on the topic. I also want more info and some photies for my eyes to see too.

Much aloha back :)
smile.gif

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
This strains are coming from a guy who has a cannabis association in Reunion Island, French Touch seedbank are just acting as resellers. The collective has been preserving some strains and doing hybrids with them and western strains as well. But because of the isolation of the country, it's still possible to find a decent number of unhybridised seeds. Hopefully it will continue like that, because I know many guys have been asking and trading local seeds for western genetics, pakistan, afghan and kushes to be grow and hybridised in the island. Same thing happened already in many places like Mexico, Colombia, Jamaica, Vietnam, etc... where old heirlooms have almost totally dissapeared because the locals favored the cultivation of western genetics.

It seems the Mangu and K1 are two strains you can still find nowadays the island. So it's a similar case to SE Asian strains from Real Seed Co for example (Highland Thai, Mekong, Mango and Laos), modern local cultivars that have been imported straight from the origin.

Mangue-Carotte (mango-carrot in english) is a renowned cultivar, it's a trademark for a traditional reunionese cannabis just like Punto Rojo or Oaxacan is. I'll be looking forward too see this cultivar and compare it to GN Collection's one, which is another Mango-Carotte strain acquired much before by Gyspy Nirvana. Hopefully those ones won't be that hermie if they have been bred by this guy? We'll see.

Vibes.

mangu´carot.
The Mangu'Carot is the most common Landrace of the island of Reunion, with mixes of Malagasy, African and Indian strains that make Mangu'Carot a strong terpenes 's variety.

With a good curing, the smell of fresh mango and a hint of carrot on the palate. We recommend to the Mangu'Carot grower in indoors to put cuttings directly into 12/12 for better results. Exhilarating variety ideal for the hard mornings... that seed had to germinate with a good tropical temperature.
Genetics : Landrace Mangu'Carot
Indoor : 100-120 jours
Outdoor : November
Sativa 100%

k1.
In a spirit of conservation and sharing, French Touch Seeds presents the K1 or "Kalite Tizane" stabilized for a decade by the Bourbon Breeders with a hermaphrodite rate below 5%, we offer this landrace for the most passionate farmers ... We advise in indoor to launch cuttings of K1 directly in 12/12 in relativly small containers to control his stretch.

Outside, we will prefer a minimum container of 35l and a plant in the ground can exceed the kilo of dried flowers with a nice ending of the season. These seeds are for the expert farmer searching for a long love story ... the seeds have to be germinated with caution and a good tropical temperature. high levels of THC.

Genetics : Landrace K1
Indoor : 110-130 days
Outdoor : November
Sativa 100%

It is information that gives the bank.

some of them are known, but the meeting sativa island are reputed to have very sweet flavors.
probably coming from India or Madagascar in the European merchant ships hundreds of years ago.
They are grown in the forest at the base of volcanoes. Growers hide their fields under the thick canopy of the forest, spreading plants in small plots free of weeds.
I know little about this landrace ...
Luck!
a greeting

Cernunnos

Here's some pics of a K1 and a Mangu Carot. Plants with plenty of elegance. Unfortunately I had to chop them all but I found the plants to be very hardy especially dealing with excessive rain, fareing better than most of what I had been growing. The immature leaf of the K1s even impressed me giving me red eyes.

The K1

Mangu Carot

Truhan

Hola a todos, actualmente cultivo 4 kalite tizane y 4 mangus carot

Son plantas muy enérgicas, no necesitan muchos nutrientes para crecer.

La mayoría presenta foliolos finos y alargados. Su uniformidad es llamativa, lo que da cuenta del importante trabajo de selección que hay tras ellas.

K1

Mangus carot

saludos desde Chile​

Huesos

I'm interested in strains from the tropics such as La Reunion, especially if the quality of smoke is exceptional and mango carrots. Where are the best ones?

H

Hu73

Hi to all. Does anyone know where to get seeds from French Touch Seeds? I have some seeds of their Kiki Riki and am about to plant them, but am very interested in their more exotic strains such as the K1 and Mangue Carotte.

Genghis Kush

Hola a todos, actualmente cultivo 4 kalite tizane y 4 mangus carot

Son plantas muy enérgicas, no necesitan muchos nutrientes para crecer.

La mayoría presenta foliolos finos y alargados. Su uniformidad es llamativa, lo que da cuenta del importante trabajo de selección que hay tras ellas.

K1

Mangus carot

saludos desde Chile​

looks amazing !

thanks for the pics and info!:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts