What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Charlottes Web strain

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
If true where did the high CBD come from?
-SamS

Resin seeds is supposed to have worked the first Cannatonic line that spit the initial 20:1 CBD.

Clarke from Feminineseeds.com selfed the Spanish 20:1 and sold his feminized Cannatonic seeds all over Cali in 2010 at HempCon events and through mail order.

Dr Courtney of the "juicing" program was promoting those seeds when he was lecturing and his nurse grew out a couple packs the next season that produced these famous results.

CANNATONIC.17-different-phenos.-2.jpg

some say that the canna4 and ac/dc came from this grow, others claim no clones were saved from this grow.

most likely the initial high CBD cultivars in USA came from those feminized seeds dropped in 2010.

the reports I was hearing at the time was that the Resin seeds canna tonics were not producing the high ratio plants in the early days that had everybody's knickers all knotted.

when I grew the feminizedseeds Cannatonics out I had similar results, the high THC cultivar was quite popular.
I could not give away the the high CBD material at the time, every person who tried it rejected it.

here's what my high THC pheno looked like, it was quite a yielder and still used commercially in my area.
I found it to be crazy potent but I hated the mental vacuum it gave me.

picture.php

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I don't think there is a chance that the Stanleys bred the initial Charlottes Web that caused the fuss.
There is plenty of testing evidence in the pediatric epilepsy community that they have bred or popped
many seeds since then because the cannabiniod content of the oil they sell has been changing often in the
past several years as they have ramped up their production.

picture.php

picture.php

hippies dissappointment?

picture.php

The Stanley's only needed a fraction of this pile to purchase one of the 5 grow licenses issued in New York.

maxresdefault.jpg

http://auburnpub.com/blogs/eye_on_ny/citiva-medical-eyes-seneca-county-site-for-proposed-medical-marijuana/article_d7fcf96e-e46b-11e4-bc71-0ba1915f5fc5.html

Their NY grow is at the site of one of the most toxic nuclear storage facilities in the world, the Seneca Army Depot.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seneca_Army_Depot

The site was used to burn old unused ww2 and cold war munitions and the surrounding counties have record cancer rates.

https://www.health.ny.gov/statistics/cancer/registry/cntymaps/cntymaps.pdf

It has been closed of for years and is now being "developed" for business and residential.
Glow in the dark lake views and high CBD. yum.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Anyone know what variety of hemp was used to breed Catatonic? Catatonic was developed in Spain correct?
-SamS

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Anyone know what variety of hemp was used to breed Catatonic? Catatonic was developed in Spain correct?
-SamS

the hemp in question is G13 haze.:biggrin:

they say Cannatonic was MK Ultra x G13 haze.

how could you get such high cannabinoid contents if it had a hemp parent?

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
... Catatonic was developed in Spain correct?
-SamS

Resin Seeds in Spain was selling their Cannatonic cross and the freaky high ratio CBD plant popped out in Spain from the story the cali breeder told me when I bought my pack.

Cali dude from FeminineSeeds made an S1 of the high CBD freak and sold it as feminized Cannatonic in 10 and 11.

MR Nice got involved in breeding with the high CBD spanish clone also I think in 10 or 11.

I thought that the original spanish high CBD Cannatonic was a clone only freak not the result of trying to breed hemp to dank to create something medical.

I was very medicated at that hemp com and might have got it wrong.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Not very hard, cross a low Cannabinoid hemp variety with a high THC variety and then cross the F1 to itself (Not a single plant to itself, a bunch of the F1's to them selves) to make an F2 seed batch, grow them out and you will find progeny that have every ratio of Cannabinoids. Example:
High THC (20%) whatever X whatever Hemp 1-2% CBD .2 THC
So the progeny yield a F1 that will be halfway between the two parents, we will say 10% THC and 3% CBD, but when that F2 population is made by selfing the F1's on a population level, you will find every ration of THC/CBD.
The CBD increases partly because the THC variety also has the other traits required for high Cannabinoid production, like lots of resin sites.
I have done this it works, I also made Haze/hemp hybrid varieties that had all the smells of Haze but no THC, selected from F2's of Haze X Hemp.
-SamS

the hemp in question is G13 haze.:biggrin:

they say Cannatonic was MK Ultra x G13 haze.

how could you get such high cannabinoid contents if it had a hemp parent?

Last edited:
Great reading this cheers guys, we are a bit behind in the uk. Have heard hemp is the key to high CBD as most hemp is mostly CBD. Just can't bring myself to cross my best genetics with hemp but if the way is the way then thats the way.

and F1 is the first gen cross of 2 different strains
the S1 cross is a hermie/Self cross to preserve a strain

F2 is a cross of the F1 genetic line

most strains are stable enough by F5 F6

Peace

ZIO GREEN

OUTLAW
Veteran
I know what is an f1 or an s1,you don't!!!
An f2 or f3 selfed will be an s1 not an s2 or s3.....
He say "f1 cross with ITSELF" i uderstand an f1 selfpollinated so an s1,translation errors i'm not english or american.....

Miraculous Meds

if the way is the way then thats the way.

that's some deep, quotable shit right there. just messing with ya man.

I know that high cbd levels can be found in hemp. I just assumed that they could also be found in drug cannabis. but maybe not, or its just not worth it since high cbd examples are so readily available in hemp.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
What do you consider high CBD levels found in hemp? Which varieties? It must be a registered hemp variety or it can't be grown most places.
The varieties found in the states with way over 10%+ CBD by dry weight are so much better as a CBD source they can easily be found that yield 10 times as much CBD as any hemp. But these are drug/hemp hybrids and not legal to grow in many areas, even if they are below .2%THC.
-SamS

that's some deep, quotable shit right there. just messing with ya man.

I know that high cbd levels can be found in hemp. I just assumed that they could also be found in drug cannabis. but maybe not, or its just not worth it since high cbd examples are so readily available in hemp.

Last edited:

MrBelvedere

ICMag Donor
ACDC is readily available at Harborside Medical in cali, it has same thc:cbd ratio as R4/CW

Stanley Brothers are hoarding charlottes web and they got their cut from the original breeders at Greenwerkz but they won't admit it. Greenwerkz breeder created R4 and they freely shared it. So spread the word that:

R4 is available from many kind people and dispensaries in Colorado.
ACDC is available from many kind people and dispensaries in California.
Charlottes Web is R4 renamed and not shared by the Stanley Brothers anywhere.

Latest posts

Latest posts