What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Info on The Real Seed Company?

KITCHA

Veteran
Received my mango Thai beans and they look phenomenal, good sized dark tiger striped. Some of the nicest looking beans I’ve seen in awhile!

anurag

seeds

seeds

Received my mango Thai beans and they look phenomenal, good sized dark tiger striped. Some of the nicest looking beans I’ve seen in awhile!

I got Mango Thai seeds this week as well as replacements for some Malawi Gold that had had low germination. Don't know if the germination issue was my fault or maybe the seeds weren't good, but Angus believed me enough to send replacements. An honest man is Mr. Angus.

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Kamoani & Jahor landrace i got as a freebie from kwikseeds (THANK YOU). I let them veg for 1 week then through them into flower 4 weeks ago they're 25 inches tall & still stretching. They have a very unique smell when i rub on the stems so unique i cant even begin to describe it. both are confirmed females & just put them into 1 gallon pots.

Kamoani
picture.php

Jahor
picture.php

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
the Nepali Mileche were originally collected by Bodhi from Annapurna, which is an area of Nepal not known for good charas. However, there is a village on the trek circuit there where you can find quite nice charas.

A Spanish breeder had made a repro of some Mileche seeds he got from Bodhi. Much later, the Spanish breeder gifted them to me with some seeds he supplied, to give away as freebies with them.

If you're interested in Nepali strains, the Nepalese on the site now has way better pedigree. It's from Rolpa, a proper growing region, where the best Nepali charas has come from for centuries, including in the Hippie Trail era ('Nepalese Temple Balls' etc.)

Greetings Brother!

I am interested in the differenced between the Malana, Parvati and the Nepali offerings? Mostly interested in terpenes effects and resin production. They sound very interesting.

Some have posted pics of giant Parvati, so that might be a bit lanky for my current setup however....

Best,
LT

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Kamoani & Jahor 5 weeks flower & getting out of control they are in a little more then 1/2 gallon of soil & wont stop stretching around 3 1/2 feet so far had to bend them down & tie them to a cross rail horizontally cause they were higher then the light.

Kamoani
picture.php

Jahor
picture.php

grayeyes

"Some would rather kill it off after they steal from Mother Nature so nobody else can enjoy the same."

Is this the corporate mission statement for Green House Seeds and specifically for Arjan?

Green Squall

These Parvati plants are amazingly mold resistant! We just had a 5 day coastal storm with tons or rain/wind and the plants are all fine! I think I'll be able to harvest in the coming weeks.

I'm curious, does anyone know when harvest season is in the Parvati Valley, or do they just start rubbing the plants early in the season until frost?

I also have a thread going in the "Cannabis Growing Outdoors" section, but wanted to share it here too, as I'm very grateful for the genetics that The Real Seed Company provides.

picture.php

troutman

Seed Whore
^^^^ Send that bud to me and I'll tell you what you want to know after I test it. :laughing:

The thing about Landraces is they are better for outdoor growing than modern day indoor strains.

It's one big reason I like them a lot.

ngakpa

Veteran
These Parvati plants are amazingly mold resistant! We just had a 5 day coastal storm with tons or rain/wind and the plants are all fine! I think I'll be able to harvest in the coming weeks.

I'm curious, does anyone know when harvest season is in the Parvati Valley, or do they just start rubbing the plants early in the season until frost?
[/URL]

In Parvati, harvest starts slowly in late September and goes through October. Peak time is around the second half of October.

Before prohibition I suspect it would have gone into the first week of November, judging by the speed at which the plants mature. They're later than some strains grown further south in Kumaon.

Growers in Hawaii have had the Malana Cream and Chitrali readily withstand big typhoons too.

That's a fantastic bud shot!

tcherno

It makes me want to make my freebie seeds germinate, I won't have to wait too long.

Your parvati are superb.

anurag

Hope it is the right place. The one Malawi Gold I have growing is a phenominally beautiful plant. She started with widish leaves and pretty tight internodes, but has gotten a sativa look now.

ngakpa

Veteran
...even if compared to what is written on the instagram post I always knew that the "Attar" is hashish hand-rubbed - charas, while the sieved hashish, steamed and pressed into a corn leaf, is called Twisted Garda.

yep - sieved = garda

attar = perfume, incense and is sometimes used in Himalaya as another word for resin (don't think it necessarily means hand-rubbed, just happens to be used in regions where resin is hand-rubbed)

---

other thing:

several years back in this thread, a couple of people complained about lack of replies

reason for that was the contact form was broken on the old website, so I wasn't seeing the emails

I try to reply to everything within a day or so - always best to write by email

ngakpa

Veteran
Angus would you describe the effect of nepalese and manipuri similar ? Or being both into the obsolete category of sativa you have find noticeable differences ? Thanks greetings

Nepalese is a Himalayan charas strain

Manipuri is a (sub)tropical ganja strain

One is bred to smoke as bud, the other as charas

Their effects are very distinct

Different essential oils, different cannabinoid profile

They're both uplifting and intense highs, but not similar

depends what you mean by similar though I guess, ie what your point of comparison is

squatty

I never thought to ask about the effects of the strains I've purchased from RSC. I've yet to grow out my Nanda Devi or recently purchased Murree seeds.

Any comments on either of these? I have seen reference to Nanda Devi effects being quite unique.

Thank you to anyone with experience with either of these strains.

Nepalese is a Himalayan charas strain

Manipuri is a (sub)tropical ganja strain

One is bred to smoke as bud, the other as charas

Their effects are very distinct

Different essential oils, different cannabinoid profile

They're both uplifting and intense highs, but not similar

depends what you mean by similar though I guess, ie what your point of comparison is

Thanks for responding me Angus. I meant by “similar” that if was the case for remarkable coincidences in the effect (taking into account that the influence of subjetivity is always there) corcerning these two,cause I thought you were more or less eaquating one with another, I misunderstood it.
Thanks, greetings