What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Black cherry soda growers?

Grojak

I recently received a cut, I've yet to flower, and came as Black Cherry Soda OG, it is not the same BCS I posted earlier pics of. Guy swears its another BCS. Sounds fishy of course but I was gifted it by the same guy that I got the real BCS from so I'm interested to see what she finishes like.

Grojak

BCS Plush pheno = high likely hood of hermie

BCS will hermie also but you almost have to force her to.

Black Cherry Soda Clones

Black Cherry Soda Clones

FYI...The Clinic on Colfax was selling BCS clones a few weeks ago, I picked up a couple. I'm going to run it next to my Ace of Spades. I love the Ace, great flavor!! Here is a pic, looks like my pheno takes after the BCS...

Cabinet Ninja

Veteran
Just managed to buy the last pack of Black Cherry Soda BXI from the Zon. It's by Trophy Hunter Seeds. Black Cherry Soda x Black Cherry Funk. I won't be able to grow them out for a good little while, but when I do you can bet your ass that I'll be making a shit load of seeds to send to the Bay. Again though, this won't be for a long time, but it will happen.

Side by Side...BCS vs Ace of Spades

Side by Side...BCS vs Ace of Spades

FYI...The Clinic on Colfax was selling BCS clones a few weeks ago, I picked up a couple. I'm going to run it next to my Ace of Spades. I love the Ace, great flavor!! Here is a pic, looks like my pheno takes after the BCS...

View Image

I am growing out the BCS from the Clinic, next to my Ace of Spades for the next two runs to be totally fair to each strain. Here is a side by side on day 4 of flowering

AOS is on the left (not anatomical direction)
BCS is on the right

IMO the BCS is lagging behind in size

Ace of Spades

Black Cherry Soda

Even the BCS plants in veg are lagging behind in size when compared to the rest of the room. It is kind of hard to see in this pic with the training and a fresh watering having just occured, but, the two in the front row on the right are BCS and they are smaller than everything else in the room.

talktosamson

Veteran
I am growing out the BCS from the Clinic, next to my Ace of Spades for the next two runs to be totally fair to each strain. Here is a side by side on day 4 of flowering

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=56273&pictureid=1313033&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

AOS is on the left (not anatomical direction)
BCS is on the right

IMO the BCS is lagging behind in size

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=56273&pictureid=1313034&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]
Ace of Spades

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=56273&pictureid=1313035&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]
Black Cherry Soda

Even the BCS plants in veg are lagging behind in size when compared to the rest of the room. It is kind of hard to see in this pic with the training and a fresh watering having just occured, but, the two in the front row on the right are BCS and they are smaller than everything else in the room.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=56273&pictureid=1313036&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Gotta remember the BSC is clone only 100% indica, so its going to be a little slower. The plush is like a 60/40 hybrid with the space queen being really vigorous, so im not surprised that the BCS are a little behind.

Gotta love that black cherry soda taste!

Gotta love that black cherry soda taste!

Once I tasted the black cherry soda leaning pheno from both Plush Berry and Ace of Spades, ive been on the hunt ever since. It amazes me every time I find a strain that when lit on fire, it produces an amazing taste experience.

I tried some plush berry seeds but didn't end up with a good tasting phenotype. One had nice colors, and the others had nice sugar content, but all not keepers.

Since the Plush and Ace of spades seem to be out of stock everywhere right now, I decided to go with a pack of BCS bx from Trophy hunters. Hoping to start some next week and will report back once they start coming out in a few months.

All the photos on this thread look absolutely killer! Love those colors!! Wish my monitor had scratch and sniff capabilities.

talktosamson

Veteran
Progressive Collective in Portland has legit BCS clones. I can vouch for the validity of this particular dispensary. They have given me a lot of good strains and they have always been exactly what they say they are, just picked up some platinum OG from them and saw a big tray of chunky BCS sitting on them shelf. Just a heads up for the Oregon homies.

milkyjoe

Veteran
Honestly if sub had this in mind he would inbreed with this, but he does not, why? Well I had the chance to ask him in front of 100 people and his B.S. answer was "I like to give the grower a chance to decide what pheno they prefer, B.S. who prefers to get 7 pheno's out of a cross in hopes of just finding the 1 pheno they want?

Me. Why would I necessarily want the same pheno you do. Tastes vary bro. Perfectly reasonable answer

I now have a BCS clone! Progressive Collective really does have quite a lot of clones to choose from. Certainly saves the trouble of sorting through a pack of seeds to find a keeper. Although, it still may be fun to compare the females to the clone one day. Maybe I should be looking for a male instead :) Thanks again

Grojak

Me. Why would I necessarily want the same pheno you do. Tastes vary bro. Perfectly reasonable answer

You don't get it… Sub has very unreliable unstable strains… if he did some work folks could get good genetics and rather than just throwing JTR or SQ pollen at the latest trendy clone only he could actually work the existing lines and create strains not polyhybrid the breeding world hacks have used his genetics to further muck up the genetics of cannabis and introducing a large ratio of hermie seeds into the world.

Midnight Tokar

Veteran
You don't get it… Sub has very unreliable unstable strains… if he did some work folks could get good genetics and rather than just throwing JTR or SQ pollen at the latest trendy clone only he could actually work the existing lines and create strains not polyhybrid the breeding world hacks have used his genetics to further muck up the genetics of cannabis and introducing a large ratio of hermie seeds into the world.

I think you're going way above and beyond to single Sub out. Many good growers are quite happy with his beans. As far as the hermie thing I've got to really disagree. I really like D.J. Shorts gear but you're much more likely to get hermies from his gear than Sub's. And alot of D.J.s strains use quite a bit of the same lineage as most of his strains.

talktosamson

Veteran
Now now gentlemen lets not get this out of hand. Ive grown lots of subs strains over the years and I do agree I have seen lots of hermies. Ive had some great phenos and some big fat turds over the years as well. Some of us are in medical states where we can acquire all the clone only genetics we want, others are not so lucky. Sub gives people a shot at getting something similar to what we have here on the west coast. His strains have a place, might not be one dude thing, but I know a lot of people that swear by him. If I had my big outdoor beds back again, chances are I would grow either Chernobyl or galactic jack from Sub every year because they make the most tasty concentrates ive ever seen and yield on both flower and oil is outstanding. But as far as my indoor rooms go there is just no room for that stuff. Ok ramble over! Back to the Soda!

HatchBrew

Veteran
Hey I've been running these for two years outdoor, started them fall of 2012 originally. Same cut still. Crazy branch pattern, long leaf stems, amazing sweet smell. On the sativa side, 10-12 weeks, not to late to start flowering outdoors. Just found this thread. Thought hey I'll throw that strain into the search engine. I'll dig up the pictures for last year outdoor & indoor.

srFombz.jpg

BAHVJLk.jpg

0zkggMV.jpg

Grojak

Hey I've been running these for two years outdoor, started them fall of 2012 originally. Same cut still. Crazy branch pattern, long leaf stems, amazing sweet smell. On the sativa side, 10-12 weeks, not to late to start flowering outdoors. Just found this thread. Thought hey I'll throw that strain into the search engine. I'll dig up the pictures for last year outdoor & indoor.

View Image
View Image
View Image

Looks good man, doesn't look like the same pheno I grow of BCS though, but great grow nonetheless. Mine purps from the inside out, the actually large fan leaves are the least purple part, might just be the diff in your OD vs my ID thought. Mine too is sativa looking with long spaced nodes.

Latest posts

Latest posts