What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2018 outdoor start... some questions...

Fufluns

soon I will start my outdoor cultivation ... I will keep the plants for a month indoors under 8 t5ho, and then move them outdoors...

I will start in 6-liter pots (the pots are made of canvas plastic... for the transplant just cut the canvas...) outdoors they will be planted in the ground...
I decided to use 6-liter pots because I saw that in one-gallon pots the roots in a month have already largely colonized ... and this year I want to transplant in the ground when the pot is not yet fully colonized...
I have a couple of bags of earth, a light mix of mills(ec 1,15) and a one lot of mills dna ultimate soil with cork (contains a 25% of coconut fiber and cork instead of perlite and an ec 1.25 - 2.45, the value ec increases gradually to about 2.45 because the fertilizer balls dissolve slowly)
I would like your advice ... I would like to fill the 6 liter pots with 3 liters on the bottom of the ultimate soil mix and the rest of light mix ... or mix a destination of ultimate soil and light mix up to half the pot and the remaining 3 liters with the light mix ... or is it better to start with the light mix (adding a 10% coconut)?

another question what is your method for acclimatization of plants in the sun?

Sorry for my bad english

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Put them under a shade tree for 4-6 days getting filtered light= acclimating to full sun
"would like to fill the 6 liter pots with 3 liters on the bottom of the ultimate soil mix and the rest of light mix ... or mix a destination of ultimate soil and light mix up to half the pot and the remaining 3 liters with the light mix ... or is it better to start with the light mix (adding a 10% coconut)?"..that'll work!

Good luck!

Latest posts

Latest posts