What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Overheated CBD Rosin!

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Well I was a dumbass, had 8 grams of rosin pressed from my cannatsu that had tested >23%cbd and <3%thc. I was trying to decarb in the over, but was drunk off my rocker, and accidently heated it to like 500. The smoke alarm came on and it was smokin out when I got to it. It was extremely hot. I then proceded to try and blow on it, causing it to splash back in my face and burn me pretty good, but thats neither here nor there.
My question is, is the cbd oil completely ruined? Is it harmful now? I was gonna give it away but I would just throw it out if its no longer good. I dont want to give anybody something that could be harmful to their bodies... Damnit. :wallbash:

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
That sux bud. I've done similar things. Demon alcohol. Hope you're burns are OK.

I'm sure someone in the know will give a good summary but I would think it depends how long it was in there at that temp. Too long and it's probably more CBN than CBD.

I can't imagine it would be harmful. Think of it as ABV weed (already been vaped).

You had it tested once. Can you have it tested again?

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
That sux bud. I've done similar things. Demon alcohol. Hope you're burns are OK.

I'm sure someone in the know will give a good summary but I would think it depends how long it was in there at that temp. Too long and it's probably more CBN than CBD.

I can't imagine it would be harmful. Think of it as ABV weed (already been vaped).

You had it tested once. Can you have it tested again?

Well its really not worth it to get tested again, it cooked down to bout 4-5 grams. I xrove to steep hill in the town, bout 2-3 hours and paid $40 to get the buds from the plant tested to see which one was the keeper. Think it costs more to test oil vs flower too.

Yeah I since quit drinking (again). Alcohol brings the worst outa me, too much native american in my blood I guess, i loose my damn mind.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
Fucking Indians and their firewater. LMAO.... My grandfather was (I think he said) Cherokee and people tell me all the time I look like the Indian on the litter commercial. LMAO

All the males in my family have been screaming drunks. Come to think of it, so are the women. LOL

Try dabbing a little of the burnt stuff. See what it does. I don't think it's going to hurt.

Latest posts

Latest posts