What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone else growing giant pumpkins?

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This from the Giantpumpkins.com website: [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]2009 - Christy Harp and her 1725 pound World Record!
[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]New World Record!!
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]
[/FONT]Christy Harp on her 1725 pound pumpkin weighed at the Ohio Valley Giant Pumpkin Growers GPC weigh-off in Canfield, Ohio on October 3, 2009. Christy grew this AWESOME pumpkin on the 1385.5 Jutras 2007 seed.
picture.php

Fulvic_farmer

New Millenium Nutrients are one of the best fertilizers for growing giant Pumpkins.

Rocky Mountain Giant Vegetable Growers. Do an amazing job with the Nutrient line.

I defiantly recommend New Mill for serious growers.

rolandomota

Old thread but yes i grew one this year and last this years was is smaller it got a late start because my dog [a boxer]tore up the first one so the second one i planted is still maturing but i feel like i can do better. Or maybe im at the limit for how big i can grow them. Im not sure if im underfeeding overfeeding or overwatering but my plant always seems to start dying fast once the pumpkin is almost finished. Its a good size for my needs i forget what kind it was but its a giant variety. I had Lots of luck with watermelons though it was my first time growing the seeds from store bought watermelons and i am wondering why i never did it before. The last ones are starting to get big right now. I think i got 20 the whole year from 5 plants i will do better next year for sure. Cantaloupe is harder to get right with less overall production compared to the watermelons. I cant wait to eat some homegrown pumpkin pie this year again.

Latest posts

Latest posts