What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

fellow Bikers I welcome you to the IC mag Automotive forum

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
My new Honda VFR800F, absolutely my best mileage eater yet
1e53500c-500e-4647-8d71-1c9a42a95e63_zps8bhhp6iq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

jesbuds

Current bike is an '03 Suzuki SV650. Bought it last year because it was cheap and needed to ride but damn if I really do enjoy the bike. Easy to work on, reliable as hell and just fun to ride albeit a bit quiet.

Before this one I had an '07 Kawa Versys but an old lady decided to make a left turn in front of me and totaled the bike. Felt like the Versys was made to tear up pavement, it was a really comfortable ride.

Attachments

• SV.JPG
    SV.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 22

WelderDan

Veteran
My 1978 Harley FXS Lowrider. 93 cubic inch S&S engine (1500 cc, give or take), 5 speed trans, wide glide front end. Hauls ass for a 38 year old Harley.

T

Theoldweldflash

Just posted this flashback to 05'

Just posted this flashback to 05'

The first motorcycle I ever rode was a 36' UHL Harley with a suicide shift on the right, foot clutch on the left, spark advance on the right grip, and the throttle on the left. I then started the Moto cross thing grew tired of the slow speed thing and quit riding til after I got married and had my first kid on the way, and bought a Katana 750, great sport touring model. But even sport bikers couldn't hang with me in the Twisties. Used to do a vacation every yr to Deal's Gap, rte129 Asheville NC. 118 turns in an 11.3 mile stretch of incredible riding. It is literally like doing 45-50+ around turns tighter then a gas pump island. The Cherolla skyway is there as well, and goes up throughout the smokey mountains. We have a property we rent for the week, trailer down, and unloading our 1100 sq ft. Garage with pool table and a table tennis table. Two seperate houses for accommodating up to 14 if I remember correctly. Look up rte.129 "The Dragon" and if you do go, pray you don't have to hang parts on the"tree of shame" at the end of thebrte. I can say this....we pissed off a a shitton of cops down there. They aren't even allowed to chase you up the dragon anymore. If you're runnin em, make sure that the other end of the dragon is clear of cops cuz they will barricade. But there's professional photographers that post up in various corners taking videos, and pics of all types of riders. Also alot of sports car enthusiasts show up alot, which is a pain for the guys who went to ride hard.

These were taken of me at Summit Main in W
V. In 05' also the JC circuit same property two tracks. Also rode the Pocono National Speedway, and NJ moto park. Rode with Team promotion great group on the East Coast, and they'll teach you how to ride moto GP tracks. I took the course just so I could rip as fast as I wanted and they obviously too a more in-depth look at my riding ability compared to the noobs of ridomg period. So up I was moved from the white group, skipped the blue intermediate group, and right to the red group which was basically a real racing group where your lap times were posted and placement was announced. I laid her to rest after having a total monsoon only on half the track, and sun shining on the other half. Needless to say an uphill left-hander cambered at that, had a total washout of an inch of water running down the hill, I low sided at 115mph and slid almost straight into the sand traps they have in corners, and my tires dug in the sand, and varrel rolled with her one rotation and had to join the fuck off. In the air, things went in slowotion, I thought, don't be a dumbass and break your legs or arms so in the air I crossed both, and hoped for the best. I hit all the way out of the sand trap, down the wet grass which being wet was to my advantage. I laid there, took inventory of movement of fingers, toes, arms legs, and back. Thank God they require a back protector cuz without it. Results would've no doubt been different. R.I.P my love!

Last edited:

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Yes, Back protectors FTW....

Also, I must recommend the amazing Michelin Pilot Road 4 tyres... Meant to be "Sports Touring" but work well as Sports tyres, only really start sliding on trackdays in the fast group... But racers are using them as Inters

On the road they warm up unbelievably in just a few corners and grip in the wet better than anything else on hte market... and they last... incredibly, people getting 2k out of rears are now getting 10k... Amazing tyres, massively recommended

C

chris harris

My 1978 Harley FXS Lowrider. 93 cubic inch S&S engine (1500 cc, give or take), 5 speed trans, wide glide front end. Hauls ass for a 38 year old Harley.

<a href="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=14420&pictureid=739827" target="_blank">View Image

An old shovel head, with a 5 speed c/w kick start. Awesome.

T

Theoldweldflash

I had Mich. Pilot Powers on, from the time she rolled on the road to the track, I averaged 17+1800 road miles on one set. They suggest a fifty -sixty mile "scrub in" I always was home with totally scrubbed new tires in 35 mi. Even on this brand new soft amd oily shoes to the limit as soon as they were on. And yep they are hands down the best road or track tire, short of slicks and chicken Hawks.

Tynehead Tom

just rode a brand spankin new one of these home the other day :D
2017 Indian Scout Sixty, Thunder Black.
Such a dream to ride
picture.php

President- OTLB West Coast Riders , BC Canada

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
some of you may have noticed I've been quiet on the forums recently
heres why

as I said I've always had bikes but for a few years I have been bikeless and due to new rules I had to resit my bike test
but in good timing as my son is also doing his test, in the UK this means 4 tests to pass
I just have the road part to do so not worried
but for the past couple of weeks I have had a CBF 125 honda and a 400 Baby blade to play on while I have been going through the motions of renewing my license

well a couple of days ago I seen a bike I could not resist and was top of my want list
so I sold my sole to the devil (bank manager) and bought it

its a 2009 CBR 600 RR Ltd edition with all the trick parts inc a titanium & carbon fibre Arrow sport exhaust and a lot of other custom parts

all I can say is its really quick but very smooth in the power delivery
when the second injectors kick in at 7000 rpm it really comes alive and takes off like a scalded cat pawing the air with its front wheel

Attachments

• green 1.jpg
    green 1.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 21
  • green2.jpg
    green2.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 29
  • green3.jpg
    green3.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 29
  • honda cbr.jpg
    honda cbr.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 23
  • new bike 2.jpg
    new bike 2.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 24

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
some HI res pic's

some HI res pic's

father & son bikes LOL (he has a restriction due to his age so the 400 blade is just on his limit)

Attachments

• CBR 66 RR22.jpg
    CBR 66 RR22.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 22
  • CBR 66 RR17.jpg
    CBR 66 RR17.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 25
  • CBR 66 RR20.jpg
    CBR 66 RR20.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 28
  • wallpaper.jpg
    wallpaper.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 21
  • wallpaper 2.jpg
    wallpaper 2.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 22
T

Theoldweldflash

Nice ride OP!

Nice ride OP!

Let me reiterate, as far as road tires and the incredible feel of the Michelin pilot Powers are THE pheno of tires you need on. OP, once you either hit up and MotoGp race over there or just have a day to be able to track ride, don't miss it. You will learn so much about that bike so fast, it'll be an addictive things dragging boots elbows, and knees 100-168mph I think you'd discover a whole new life. Just being able to watch a race at Laguna, Ca. Or the isle of man, race? Unfuckingreal.....shine on OP

Tynehead Tom

my first bike was a vintage (even then) vespa scooter back in the early 80's. We had out little mod squad of a dozen or so vespas, was fun.
then a 650 Ninja was just a gas in my early 20's , then a GSXR 750 for a while.
Then it was nuthin but triumphs and Harleys LOL and now the new Indian.
can't wait to make a trip down to the coast an laugh at my little brother on his gay ass Harley street LOLZ

Brother Nature

Ohh, think I may have found me second home here on IC :woohoo:.

Here's a few photos of my new(ish) baby. A 2009 750 Aprilia Shiver. Silly name, but that really doesn't matter once you're riding. Front wheel up all the way to 3rd. :yay: And being Italian designed, it's actually been surprisingly reliable. :biggrin:

The black one in the back was an awesome little Suzuki 250 I was unfortunately forcibly removed from (as well as a good portion of my tibia). But hey, rebuild and move on is a good motto I think.

Also, Tom, that Scout is on the list of my dream bikes at the moment. Love that thing. Such a beautiful piece of machinery. Hope it rides as good as it looks.

Attachments

• bike1 - Copy.jpg
    bike1 - Copy.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 30
  • bike2 - Copy.jpg
    bike2 - Copy.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 27
  • bike3 - Copy.jpg
    bike3 - Copy.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 29
C

chris harris

my first bike was a vintage (even then) vespa scooter back in the early 80's. We had out little mod squad of a dozen or so vespas, was fun.
then a 650 Ninja was just a gas in my early 20's , then a GSXR 750 for a while.
Then it was nuthin but triumphs and Harleys LOL and now the new Indian.
can't wait to make a trip down to the coast an laugh at my little brother on his gay ass Harley street LOLZ

What, a Canadian boy who didn't grow up riding, at one time or another, a Honda 750 four, or Kawi 900? Maybe a little before your time. In high school in the 70's, everyone had one. Couldn't afford a Harley back then, too busy chasing girls, drinking beer ( in the stubby bottles). LOL.

C

chris harris

Here' what my kids grew up riding since they were 5 years old, or so ( That was 20 years ago). Still have it. Saving it for the grandson now. He's only 1 so going to have to wait a bit.
picture.php

Tynehead Tom

my parents wouldn't let us kids near motorcycles. it was so bad that we would have to watch our cousins ride their dirt bikes at the farm and we weren't allowed.
Their stupid ass fear of motorcycles (or just my dads controlling ass in general) meant that when I bought that vespa in grade 10, I had to park it at my friend's place 3 blocks away and never let my folks see me riding it hahaha.
My first real bike was at 19, I bought it off my cousin and the first thing I did was go visit my folks for sunday lunch :D
I'm not a hardcore bike guy, it hurts me to ride, can barely walk when I'm done LOL but I do enjoy it. There is no better way to travel down the road for an adventure that's for sure, especially with some brothers in yer wings.

I've also got a 2012 Yamaha grizzly 550 , awesome fun workhorse of a machine.

N

noyd666

wow just found the thread,bikes !had a few just bought my last bike to ride into heaven , well maybe a harly to go. 1100 cruiser at mo.
picture.php

C

chris harris

Here's my old friend, had it for many years. Collected parts over the years, built and painted( a few times in my garage). We've been through a lot together. Been rear ended once, then rebuilt. Then broadsided a Moose a number of years ago, which severely fucked me up. Bought it back as scrap, and built it again.
Late 80's soft tail, punched out motor, 4 speed. Have a Corbin seat, and backrest, I can quickly clip on to take the old lady out, but usually like flying solo. Nothing like the freedom of riding!

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts